Very strange problem indeed, sorry if it's in the wrong place

Best answers
Hello, Just to explain, I?m having to write this post from microsoft word because my computer has yet again become too unresponsive for me to use ether Firefox or Internet exploror!

Basicly, I don?t know why or how, but whatever program I seem to use always comes up with an error and it must abort to stop itself from making a huge error, this is more common on firefox then anything else for example

meaning after I click, don?t send, the program closes and I?m back to my desktop.

I've tried turning the error report off, that way the program just closes and it?s really annoying when your trying to write a myspace comment and it keeps closing before you can click send!

I doubt it's connected to being online as I?ve had the blizzard downloaded on all day downloading the Wow 10 day trial, but I don?t know if I?m the victim of some kind of new virus but I think it might be along those lines, considering whatever I seem to try and do results in an error and having to close (even writing this has caused a lot of problems, luckly it recovers the document for me so I don?t loss anything, but it?s still crashed 5 ? 6 times already !) As it?s always the program I seem to have running in the foreground that is effected e.g I?m writing on word and then word will have the error yet firefox will be fine, until I click on that

This exact same thing happens with; IE, Msn Live, word, blizzard installer(installing wow in the background and it's just crashed :( ) and anything that norton does e.g scan for a virus, or try to update (after a while will just crash like the rest of em) that I know of as I?ve had windows media player on all day and it?s been fine.

It?s not been like this ever before, it?s just started to happen today and it?s really starting to wind me up !

And additional information:

Amd Athlon 2400+
Windows XP pro service pack 2
2 GB DDR RAM

If anyone can help or suggest anything I can do, even if you think a reformat might help please say so as we don?t have anything that important on the computer

Thank you in advance

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had that problem before, but I was never able to fix it. The only way I could correct it was by reformatting my computer.

Best answers
Caused from corrupt Mozilla Firefox profile or because of bad plugins. Either disable your plugins one by one (or all at once) to see which causes it or, if that doesn't work, make a new profile for Firefox (Click here for help on that) and see if that fixes it.

Best answers
Caused from corrupt Mozilla Firefox profile or because of bad plugins. Either disable your plugins one by one (or all at once) to see which causes it or, if that doesn't work, make a new profile for Firefox (Click here for help on that) and see if that fixes it.
tried that and it didn't work

I still get the error message come up

Best answers
Oh, I didn't see that it wasn't just firefox. Search for js3250.dll error on google and look around. I would, but I'm typing up a semi-long reply for another thread.

Best answers
Oh, I didn't see that it wasn't just firefox. Search for js3250.dll error on google and look around. I would, but I'm typing up a semi-long reply for another thread.
This seems to be it, thanks for the help

just incase anyone else has this problem, it basicly means you have uninstall all your plug-ins and wait for the people at FF to fix it, it affects IE and basicly anything it connects with

Best answers
Smith| said:
Either disable your plugins one by one (or all at once) to see which causes it
So that was the fix? Why'd you say "tried that and it didn't work"? >_>. Heh, glad the problem's gone, then.

Best answers
So that was the fix? Why'd you say "tried that and it didn't work"? >_>. Heh, glad the problem's gone, then.
I said that because it did happen still a few seconds later after I changed my profile because basicly there is no way to really fix it, you can just stop it from happening as often

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom