vegeta thoughts

Best answers
1000 hp is not that strong... but fine make it 500 hp then. just 2 people fully charged with their strongest attack does like 300 damage.

and ya it shouldnt be able to move because does goku move with spirit bomb? no... so mouthblast is its only attack.
its tail doesnt move either. im stating this to reflect goku in form1. he gets spirit bomb but not in ssj so same could be implied to vegeta... ape in form1 but when going ssj he cant.

no flaws perfectly fair and fun, and a big ape with like 300-500 hp that shoots mouth blast thats strong (reflecting spirit bomb power) is "terrifying" enough. still 1000 hp is killible... plus the charging of the mouth blast is longer to fully charge then a big bang or final flash, or kamaha or any special attack.

and yes your right it would take like 3 people shooting the ape but thats why there is free battle mode and team modes... plus mp_classlimit 1... so only one ape... and about 10 other guys attacking teaming up on it. thats why i said 1000 hp so he can have a chance to pull off the mouth blast like goku can only pull off the bomb if he is high in the sky so none sees it forming... as the light blocks view sometimes its hard to see enemies in 3rd person view.

:p

Best answers
Yeah this idea wouldnt work too well...not trying to be mean.

And if i remember from the TV show, Vegeta's renzoku was A LOT COOLER. He could fire like 50+ beams and make this big ass explosion. Bah :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes i agree with this if you could find a way to make sure it doesnt lag and revamp some stuff i MIGHT agree but probably not

Best answers
well darkowns,

if you got a crappy comp with at least 256 ram it doesnt matter if there is 32 players in the game ... heck, i can play counter strike source beta with no lag on my friends comp that has a mere 256 ram and it does require MORE then the old hl engine.

its configing that will make you not lag. plus you can set the amount of ram dedicated to steam by puting in the launch opitons -heapsize 146000 -zone 4500. just divide it by the amount of total system ram u have.

and there are four gl_texturemodes. so u can make things dulled and increase performance. plus not many people have sucky computers now o days so it wouldnt lag bro.

and if vegeta's renz thing could stop them from moving just a bit to do more damage so say u throw them into the ground and renz... instead of giving them the luxery of holding jump to fly away how about no... so the renz would have more of a quality to it to be used and not overlooked.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, Oozarus are able to move.....all the time. Why would you compare the Oozaru's tail to goku charging a spirit bomb? Does goku even have a tail (dont bother bringing up dragonball). I was being polite before, but ill just say what i think now: this is just stupid.

An ape facing in one direction isnt a threat to anyone. All you have to do is go around him. So, please, explain to me how this idea is balanced (for the ape). Ive heard better ideas about the oozaru get shot down, so what makes you think this will get in?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're suggestion oozaru be available to vegeta because it was on the show, but you are also suggesting oozaru not be able to move, unlike the show. Vegeta doesn't need oozaru just like Goku and Gohan don't need oozaru. If you're going to allow Vegeta to transform into something that doesn't fit into gameplay you have to let the other characters have some kind of edge as well, and that's more work to balance a feature that is already questionable. Oozaru was cool on the show, but only because he was unstoppable after his transformation. If you'd only transform to turn yourself into a tank that blasted everything out of the sky people would either avoid using it at all, or would use it every time they respawned. Either way, it wouldn't work out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no the oozarus would use to many polys they used it in evm and it lagged the hell out of servers

Best answers
well they also use the ape form for GT and they go super saiyan and fuse and go ape form with fused powers. so um ya they can change on will. but they are not unstopible, tail cut off or a powerful enough being (goku) can beat them with mere ease.

the non-moving ape vegeta is to resemble the spirit bomb, its for gameplay purposes not for the following of the movie to the letter because some features have to be bent to make gameplay lustible.

and u say the ape wont be fair to vegeta users if it doesnt move, thats why i mentioned like 1000 hp because he does have a chest plate on him from frieza saga that allows him to take more damage.
besides people wont use/abuse it when they respawn if ya put a timer on the useage like they have to wait for it to recharge, the moon blast technique.

and in the episodes the ape form uses mouth blast alot... so i thought it would be a nice attack for the big monkey.

and it would not lag, just make a config and u can edit the amount of stress it has on your crappy comp.

besides this feature would reflect the features u put in the game like mp_classlimit 1-2 and good and evil teams... i mean come on u have one good vegeta and one evil majin vegeta. since this reflects both early dbz and later dbz. so whats the big prob in makin a monkey form for vegeta.

plus if they add nappa ... then that seals the deal of ape form. because that would only be stating that hey this is indeed the early and later episodes of dbz implied to this mod.

they already making captain ginyu and that guy wasnt to long after the ape form usage. i think it would be a great idea to have, and the majin vegeta doesnt have a chest armor he only has the blue suit and white boots n gloves.

and u dont have to imply it right away think about it for like 1.4 or 2.0 versions. when u get extra time or more coders on your team. plus if u need money for hosting files on private fast servers just ask for donation funds on the front page.

many moders if in need of assistance will ask and get it :p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
no the oozarus would use to many polys they used it in evm and it lagged the hell out of servers
No, you can have a 2k poly model, and make it bigger without making the polycount increase.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to balance out the Oozaru alot more, basically if you let it run wild it will be unstoppable and nobody will be able to kill it, if you make it unmovable and a long time to charge its moves its basically a sitting duck, Goku charging a spirit bomb isn't as obvious as a giant monkey terrorizing a map so you really can't compare the two effectively. Unless you comes up with a completely balanced idea (i.e. The monkey doesn't dominate and it isn't useless) this idea is gonna fail.

Best answers
ok rocky how about this,

if they see goku they teleport into him and kick him. so if they see the monkey they cut his tail off or blast him with ki... so how is it not similiar?

also goku can hide in the sky and use the bright lighting of the map to hide his spirit bomb.

the ape can do the same for his tail. he can hide it by doing a 360 turn. as goku can 360 turn when summoning the spirit bomb for aiming purposes.

its not godly its not unfair its not laggy and its most def not useless as his mouthblast will be like a spirit bomb but with a beam tail.

and i was playing the other dbz games on xbox and pc and playstation and the ape form for them didnt make the game suck in any fashion. the only reason u dont want it in this game is because you dont want to spend time making it and beta testing it.

even when people say oh ya its kool idea kool kool... but um we dont understand how to use skill.

it takes skill to kill and defend.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only reason u dont want it in this game is because you dont want to spend time making it and beta testing it.
First things first I'm not making anything, so I hope that wasn't directed at me.
Second Goku is a lot harder to see in comparison to a giant monkey so its not quite the same thing.
Third its easier to kick a Goku because every character can do a kick, Only Krillin, Frieza and Cell have the ability to use discs and only trunks has a sword so cutting the tail is limited to those characters. If a small server has none of these characters it would be impossible for tail cutting, and in a small server with say 4 people taking down the ape will be very hard. and if its a team game with 2v2 then only 2 people can take down the ape and thats gonna be hard with another person trying to stop you.
How I think they could balance it is by allowing any character to blast the moon projector and thereby turning the Oozaru back into Vegeta, at least every character is able to do this. The could also put a timer on the projector such that Oozaru is only available for a short time, and the moon projector technique is only useable once per life (like the solar flare)
These are some suggestions to balance it out. I don't mean to get into a heated arguement with you again so don't retaliate in a negative way.

Best answers
Rocky87 said:
First things first I'm not making anything, so I hope that wasn't directed at me.
Second Goku is a lot harder to see in comparison to a giant monkey so its not quite the same thing.
Third its easier to kick a Goku because every character can do a kick, Only Krillin, Frieza and Cell have the ability to use discs and only trunks has a sword so cutting the tail is limited to those characters. If a small server has none of these characters it would be impossible for tail cutting, and in a small server with say 4 people taking down the ape will be very hard. and if its a team game with 2v2 then only 2 people can take down the ape and thats gonna be hard with another person trying to stop you.
How I think they could balance it is by allowing any character to blast the moon projector and thereby turning the Oozaru back into Vegeta, at least every character is able to do this. The could also put a timer on the projector such that Oozaru is only available for a short time, and the moon projector technique is only useable once per life (like the solar flare)
These are some suggestions to balance it out. I don't mean to get into a heated arguement with you again so don't retaliate in a negative way.
That sounds reasonable.....

Best answers
ok, oozaru in my opinion wud b a bad example, and how come you havnt added a ozzaru transformation for gohan, im not sayin I want him to have it, but if you guys are making such a big deal about vegeta having it since he had it on dbz, then gohan shud have it since he also transformed into one, and I dunno why u been comparing spirit bomb to the ozzaru transformation, esf is mostly based on how dbz was like, so since ozzaru cud fly and move around on the show, then no doubt if it was ever added it wud 2 be able to move, and goku neva moved for the sb since he needs to concentrate on the show to form it and in the game its so powerful moving around wit it wud unbalanced the game, so the 2 kinda work for each other. I reckon more than likely no way it will be realese in 1.3, but i can see the possibilty that by some chance it is added in later realeses, but it wud have to be way more balanced for the game than it is now, and like someone said b4, other char wud need some sort of edge against the ozzaru to make the game more even.

And about the Gallit Gun, i agree wit the animation wit it, needs to be re done, also I dont like the sprite, but thats not really no big deal since I always change it wit one which doesnt make it that hard to see where u shootin the damn thing :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah as i said, the way its been described is either making it super strong or a sitting duck, and although it might be cool to add it in, I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't make the cut. I also pointed out the differences in Oozaru and spirit bomb.

Best answers
its not hard to find goku if your using first person view (f4) and a scanner (f9) (radar mode).

plus if a goku or cell user sees the ape they can solar flare the ape to fly back and beam it to death while its blind and doing 360's to keep its tail protected. so like i said it takes skill to kill and defend as in all games. its still possible to take down the ape if two people rush in and flare em. plus you can dodge the mouthblast and push it back. plus would be fun to beam struggle a ape :p

just like in cs you can look away from flash bangs to not get flashed... same with solar flare... its that cal-m skill baby ya :)

Best answers
Anyway if this whole idea is for gaming purposes , it failed , having a huge monkey in an hl map with hl hitbox , its insane , just imagine a huge monkey standing on one of the hills in cell_games or on one of the arena poles , it just wouldnt seem right , just give up on that idea , it wouldnt work on hl , even if it would it would look bad

Best answers
sorry but hitboxes do not lag the hl game engine. nor look bad... aka cs source beta hitboxes are bigger and u dont see their models looking sucky. and condition zero as well, it has a big helicopter that you have to shoot down, it moves it fires missles, and its hard to kill but possible. the helicopter looks pretty nice and i dont see it sucking on the old hl engine.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think oozaru should never be added. With this idea the flaws seem to be that:

A: For the player using oozaru it would be VERY boring

B: Again not all characters have solar flare
and
C: Sticky says no oozaru

And you shouldn't really say that the only reason they won't put it in is cause they don't want to model, animate, and test it as they can do as they wish as they have last say in it and could choose to just stop the mod if they wanted without adding anything new to it.

And yeah, Gallit Gun needs tweaking I agree.

Best answers
all beams need tweaking as they some times block view/aim with a big white glow...

anywayz, if the mod was suddenly stoped; some one else would make another mod, or continue this mod like these current esf people are doing since half the team left this project any ways.

since there has not been any ideas like i had for the ape form... and all the other ideas have been nullified because it makes the ape to strong or to weak or dumb. mine, however, is balanced and kool to the extent of possibly being put in. because i spent time tweaking every thing for it. it could be put in like 1.4 or later on. besides the sticky for the no ape form is like out dated. im sure they've reconsidered it since then. once they get extra time on their hands ya know... their gonna want/think of other additions.

change is a good thing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom