VBulletin HTML Post Question

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm rather curious on this one. Is there any way i can add HTML in threads / posts with VBulletin? And i don't mean this forum, but another one. I'm not sure exactly how, with a tag or... ? Thanks!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HTML:
It's called wrapping HTML tags in the thread. look for it in the advanced section :o

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No, that's not what i am looking for. I'm mean making all the HTML tag codes you make in a thread / reply act as in a normal website. But then in a post! :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... Why would you want to do that in the first place.

I'm not understanding you. There is no point to do that, because you can already do that without HTML codes...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I have quite a lot of Mod Profile Documents on HL2Files, and i'd like to copy / paste some of them on a forum. But the forum can't read 95% of the HTML codes. I'd like to enhance it so the page / thread changes in a HTML reading page.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And so the html code that i showed you earlier doesn't work either? how about trying that?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol

It would help if the forum you were trying to post on had HTML enabled!

(HTML is disabled on these forums because of me, sorry. :p Give me a link to your other forum if you'd like a demonstration as to why.)

Having HTML enabled is a HUGE risk to your users (and server, muahaha).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, i'm admin on the forum. Is there any way i can enable it for 1 post only? :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
you can enable it to certain user groups ... at least in IPB ^^
VB shouldnt be different from that I guess .. dunno.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For vBulletin:
AdminCP -> Forum Manager -> Edit the forum section -> "Allow HTML?" -> Select "Yes".

Note that certain inheritence rules apply here. If you edit a forum section, make sure all the parent container forums/sections have the same option checked. Use this feature at your own risk. It would be safer to emulate (fake) HTML using custom BBcode.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
grOOvy said:
For vBulletin:
AdminCP -> Forum Manager -> Edit the forum section -> "Allow HTML?" -> Select "Yes".

Note that certain inheritence rules apply here. If you edit a forum section, make sure all the parent container forums/sections have the same option checked. Use this feature at your own risk. It would be safer to emulate (fake) HTML using custom BBcode.
So my bet i can't do this for 1 single post? Without adding the HTML on the whole section.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
So my bet i can't do this for 1 single post? Without adding the HTML on the whole section.
No you cannot enable HTML for one single post only... there are addons which hardcore userIDs and allow the usage of HTML for all users in that usergroup. But if you just want to do it for one post anyway, turn your board offline, enable HTML for that section, make your post, disable HTML and bring the board back online.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
grOOvy said:
No you cannot enable HTML for one single post only... there are addons which hardcore userIDs and allow the usage of HTML for all users in that usergroup. But if you just want to do it for one post anyway, turn your board offline, enable HTML for that section, make your post, disable HTML and bring the board back online.
Tried that, works for about 80% though. Messed up some tags :). But surprisingly it works mostly, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom