• Sig #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the funny thing is, he is not just accountable by the law of his own country, but also the country of every person's credit card identity he has stolen. his current crimes amount to:
Which means Jack Bauer has something to say to this guy. I'll give you a hint: it has to do with a clown, a bowl of spaghetti, and the return of Jesus.

I personally think Steam haters should just be shot. It's moronic to hate Steam. Everyone I've ever talked to that apparently "hates" Steam, has had no valid arguement for why it sucks so much. The closest anyone has ever gotten to hating on Steam has been about the friends network being so damn unstable. But come on, don't be panzies, you didn't even HAVE a friends network before on that old crappy WON network, did you? No, so please be quiet.

There, that's the end of just about every arguement I've ever had with a Steam hater, and I won them all. Quit whining, grow a set of balls, and stop complaining. It's just ****ing annoying, and it's not going to make Valve any more likely to revive WON.

About this particular case of Steam bigotry (which is also unjustified, as it apparent), the guy potentially stole my account, so I don't think he deserves the mercy of being shot. I think he deserves to starve for 2 weeks (his water would be cut off after 1 week), almost to the point of dying, and then be hung, and then raped up the pooper by a donkey.

However, while I'm waiting for that to happen, I guess I'll just say this and hope he sees it: you aren't cool. Anyone who isn't a complete retard just thinks you're more of a loser now. That's all.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A hacker known as MaddoxX has hacked into Valve's Steam database, gaining information from account/credit card details to bank statements, as an anti-Steam message. After posting his success on the Steam forum (only for it to be deleted by the mods there time and time again, cover-up) he posted on an anti-Steam forum, linked below. He says he's planning on compiling all the account and credit card details into an Excel spreadsheet for free release unless Valve 'comes up with something good';

Original Thread (Anti-Steam)
DailyTech (Original Report)
The Inquirer
Joystiq
Maddoxx? isn't that the n00b from the "I rule!" website? :p probably another guy tho, lol.

But yeah, stupid to do, why ever HATE steam? its just a frickin game system... for crying out loud.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What an idiot. I hope this guy gets shot, he's not only ****ing Valve over, but good honest people too (not that the guys at Valve aren't good honest people).

Kind of dissapointing they didn't have better security over at Valve though. You think they would have learned when Half-Life 2 got hacked.

Anyway, should I cancel the card that I bought stuff on steam yet or what?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
All moderators / Admins also remove all threads related to the "hack" on the Steam Forums.. What are they hiding?

Best answers
i bought gmod10 online! CRAP

told my dad, figured out i dont have to worried sense he didnt save the CC info.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All moderators / Admins also remove all threads related to the "hack" on the Steam Forums.. What are they hiding?
Potential future loss of business. People would be afraid that their CC info would get stolen if Steam should be compromised again. I think that's kind of retarded seeing as how the information is already out there.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are trying to prevent a potentially devastating community outbreak that will result in more damage to Valve's case then Maddox's case. The simple fact is that Valve is doing everything in their power, and probably already found the guy. This guy is facing much more than he would have thought. He is in the pooper faster than flies to ****. (really bad pun intended)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevermind...

You may by now have heard that “Steam” was broken into a week and a half ago and “consumer” credit card details stolen. As the quote marks suggest the breach has been played up by those behind it, whose exaggerations have been somewhat naively passed on by a number of big sites today. In actuality:

* Steam was not compromised, only a regular Valve file server. In fact according to Valve it was a “third-party site” — though what sort of third party stores the sum in their corporate account I don’t know.
* Consumer credit card information has not been stolen. The numbers in danger are all held by cybercafe owners, who have recurring subscriptions to their Steam games and have probably all long been informed. Consumer data are only stored in enough detail to fight mass fraud, not make purchases, and weren’t compromised anyway. Paying at a cafe does not put your card at risk.

All this will certainly make sure that when consumer subscriptions do arrive (as they will with Pirates of the Burning Sea) they’ll be properly secured, but given that it isn’t really a Steam issue there’s not much more for me to talk about. If you see anyone worrying, send them here!

Update: Valve’s statement, from 1UP:

There has been no security breach of Steam. The alleged hacker gained access to a third-party site that Valve uses to manage the commercial partners in its Cyber Caf? program. This Cyber Caf? billing system is not connected to Steam. We are working with law enforcement agencies on this matter, and encourage anyone with more information to e-mail us at [email protected].
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158852

Best answers
Yea well, my dad told me the CC info isnt saved onto the valve database.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl.

So the guy hacks a meaningless server, then goes boasting about it like he's the man, thinking nobody can touch him?

Kids these days. :p

He'll get what's coming to him. Serves him right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I changed my pass and question on Steam, so there's no way I'm losing my account again. Man, this actually scared me for a sec.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!

Well...it's not like it wasn't expected, valve isn't known to secure them self very well...

But I can say this guy is most likely from another country, since in his IE window screenshot, the word "fertig" is displayed at the bottom left, which is German for finished or done. But ya never know, some people like to surround them self with a language they don't know since it looks cool.

Anway, I have never bought anything online through valve, I don't like to wait so I just get it from the store. If it's not available there then oh well :p, i'm impatient.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wow, its amazing how fast after that update that the no-steam website shut down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awww =/

I guess that's humiliating...Would have been more interesting if it was felony, but at least the accounts are safe.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh let him burn in hell. Or something like that.

Morons who try to get cash out of other people swork should all just be shot. And he may say hes not in it for cash but thats kinda the only thing that maters with attacking STEAM. Cash not spent to buy games.

So someone shoot the guy already and bring me the head. My wall looks empty XD

Best answers
I dont know if this is a dumb question or not but meh....

Do you think based on the knowledge he holds on cracking things, do you think he would frame someone so he doesn't get caught?

Best answers
Awww =/

I guess that's humiliating...Would have been more interesting if it was felony, but at least the accounts are safe.
Would have been more interesting if he got a bullet to the face. Reading what you said, Chakra . . . it sounds like it's over. I still have my hopes, though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno. Lame thing to do, I guess...hacking Valve doesn't really impress me really.

As for Steam...I hate it, and would be happy to see it go, just to see Valve finally get what it deserves and go under. Honestly, you should have to make more than one good game a decade before you can actually call yourself a game company. Valve just used this steam thing, exploited a loophole in their distro contract, and got rich off of other people's unpublished games. But hey, King Fat Mess and his merry man have been getting rich off other people's work for years and years now; with steam having so much momentum that is sure to continue well into all of our senior years, I'd wager. Whether "hacked" or not I doubt it was going to go anywhere.

Best answers
I dunno. Lame thing to do, I guess...hacking Valve doesn't really impress me really.

As for Steam...I hate it, and would be happy to see it go, just to see Valve finally get what it deserves and go under. Honestly, you should have to make more than one good game a decade before you can actually call yourself a game company. Valve just used this steam thing, exploited a loophole in their distro contract, and got rich off of other people's unpublished games. But hey, King Fat Mess and his merry man have been getting rich off other people's work for years and years now; with steam having so much momentum that is sure to continue well into all of our senior years, I'd wager. Whether "hacked" or not I doubt it was going to go anywhere.

second this. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom