What sig is the best?

• Sig #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A hacker known as MaddoxX has hacked into Valve's Steam database, gaining information from account/credit card details to bank statements, as an anti-Steam message. After posting his success on the Steam forum (only for it to be deleted by the mods there time and time again, cover-up) he posted on an anti-Steam forum, linked below. He says he's planning on compiling all the account and credit card details into an Excel spreadsheet for free release unless Valve 'comes up with something good';

MaddoxX said:
"If you [Valve] want me to remove these files you can e-mail me at (address removed) and I prefer you come with something good unless you want me to expose ALL of the customers their information."
Original Thread (Anti-Steam)
DailyTech (Original Report)
The Inquirer
Joystiq

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wake up, and the first thread I see is this =/
Pretty concerning. I'll wait a couple hours to see if Valve confirms, then go from there

Thanks Ravendust

Best answers
meh, happend a cupple of weeks ago.

hes and ******* lol

there is no reason what so ever were he had to do this..... so why should valve apologize? just because he could get in means valve should apologize???? everything is hackable if u try hard enuff haha

he should be found and locked up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though i hate Steam, this sucks. I've still payed for Games and this is what i get? Damn i say :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, he tries his best to make the network worse because he doesn't like it? What an idiot.

Best answers
Oh well, im glad i registered with CD-key, so there is no chance that he got my bank account information. But i dont think tracking that person down is that hard either, he isnt only threathening Steam, but he is threathening every person who bought steam through internet...

Best answers
sadly I've bought a bunch of products over steam. Guess I better keep a close eye on my credit card info.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, he tries his best to make the network worse because he doesn't like it? What an idiot.
From what i've gathered from the No-Steam forum, they want Valve to pull down the Steam network, and it seems like the best way to do that would to be compromise all those peoples accounts, personal details and credit card numbers; hence the public release of said details rather than using them for personal profit.

I personally like Steam, it auto-updates, auto-patches, has built-in VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) manages multiplayer, allows you to buy games directly and provides news on upcoming products. Because it's tough on hacks 'n' cracks I imagine the less savoury characters on the 'net take offence to it. I remember in the days it was first brought out, games updating while you played them meant huge lag and massive mulitplayer ping, heck, you couldn't even play games offline without being connected to the Internet. These problems have been weened out now and i'm happy with the service. It would be a shame to see it go because of this. They're not threatening to hack, they've already done that, they're threatening to release confidential details.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't they track his IP and send a police force there and then burn his HD???

And do all hackers sound like they only know 3rd grade english? Jesus he's retarted

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Oh god, ****ing with CC numbers, heh, when this dude gets caught...

Best answers
The only problem I have with steam is the waiting for the updates or ESf not working and ****.

Darn. even steam doesnt deserve this.
Where're Dan & Volkov lol....?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously hope that someone not only gives this guy a good punch to the face, but when the police come they beat the senses out of this guy.

This is not ANY way to kill steam, in fact its a way to piss off the entire world. Good job jack ass. These people that retartedly post that "steam sucks" "make steam better" are just complete morons. They can never come up with information about why steam sucks or what should be done to make it better. The only thing that they post is the SIMPLE fact that they want to play cracked versions of games without paying.

I say valve should stick a nine million dollar suit up this guy's ass. This guy is threating:
1) The assets of an entire company
2) The assets of millions of people
3) The assets of thousands of PERSONAL business
4) The property (game property) of millions of gamers
Also:
5) Cyber Terrorism
6) Stealing private information

Not only do I want to see this guy go to jail for what he has done, but he deserves any personal hell that the people give him there. Also when he is out I want to see him on the street like all the other homeless.

This guy really deserves any and all treatment that he receives. I don't think he truly knows what he has. To **** over people other then the company you are threating is just the same as if he had stolen only my information. Whoever this moron is, needs to stop now while he thinks he is ahead and delete all the information.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not really sure what he plans to get out of it. Valve definately won't shut down Steam (though hopefully their security will be tightened a little, no?) and he said he's not in it for the money, so what?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno if Steam deserved that or not, but... PWNED xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh god, ****ing with CC numbers, heh, when this dude gets caught...
word...

the funny thing is, he is not just accountable by the law of his own country, but also the country of every person's credit card identity he has stolen. his current crimes amount to:

cracking (not hacking...) a secure buisiness for personal gain
theft of both intelectual property, and personal property
identity theft
blackmail

the guy is going down hard ~WHEN~ they catch him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh ****, e-terrorism. I forgot about that. If the war on terror took place on an MMORPG...

But anyway, he has gotten himself into a **** load of trouble...For a VIDEO GAME network. What the hell is wrong with Steam anyway? I don't even play that much games that use it so I guess I have little experience but yeesh, you hold the accounts of people hostage because you can't play CS the way you want to?

I wonder if 'ol Jack Thompson will get on this? Video games spurring terrorism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom