Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Argh, i'm too lazy to type ,

So, long story short:

The wad thing is clear, but i'd much rather just play through than copying them all to steam folder.
Also, notice the '>.<' smiley in ad line, it's a joke, i sometimes even like them, raises the gaming mood imo, especially in de_cpl_mill :D

EDIT: uh.. what?
When did i threaten anyone? I'm pretty confused atm o_O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-WoN is faster, with same settings on as in steam (cl_updaterate 101 etc..)
I still get like 20 ping more in steam.
Back on my 550 PC it was exacly the same. Exept for the fact that STEAM had more servers and the closest one was round 280 ping while on WON it was 300+ ping (yes i had a 56k connection so what)

-WoN's Games have nicer Wads and textures.
Now thats total bull****. Wads are totaly the same. And textures are wads. Take it from a mapper. Wads are the same. And since textures are in those wads they cant be better or worse.

-Bigger fps, even though i get 100 in steam too, but if there's like 10 or more people shooting at the same time in the screen, it lowers a bit in steam, while in won it plays smoothier.
I wont argue with the FPS factor. Won didnt have any extra applications running. While you have to run STEAM. So in won i played with 25 FPS and on STEAM i player with 20 or below (again on my pld 550 PC)

-Better players
If you are talkign skill i will call that bull****. there are tons of people who can own my ass in ESF on STEAM. I have yet to see 1 person come out of won who didnt get torn up by me.

-No Cheaters as much as in steam
Thats only logical. They all moved to STEAM. If STEAM wouldnt be there all of them would still be on WON. Do the math. More people more cheaters. In the end the % are about the same.

-no ad's as in 1.6! >.<
I have no problem with adds. You jut click OK anyhow.

There's at least some good things in steam as well:

-Friendlist
Usefull but i dont really like its option to make people folow you into a server.
-Faster In-game menu if you want to change key settings, etc..
I use the console so i dont really care.

-More players than in WoN
Yup people that moved away from WON all came to STEAM.

Those are some things i can come up with for now.
Ps. Usually people just go on and blame WoN2 players to be Cheaters, or not buying the game.
Sure, there are those too, but don't go mixing Non-steam with WoN.
I bet you here and now 100 bucks that 99% of those people not using STEAM just didnt wana buy the game after their old copy didnt work cause someone else got their CD-key and ussed it first. Since in WON you could just tell someone your CD-key and you both played. that way lots of people knew your key. Someone got it first to STEAM and you lost. So epeople complained. Also key generators dont work anymore. So people are forced to buy games.

I still remember the big uprising of fans when that protection system that ckecked if you have a physical drive connected to your computer before it let you use a CD image to install the game. People hated it. Dont really know why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just look at my upper message for some details and from other thread "present for steam haters" for answers >.<

WoN doesn't have any Esf servers, only few Hl and the rest are cs 1.5, so count that out.
I use console too, but for key binds i usually use via menu, since it's usually faster ( not if you change for 1 key).

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, Legendary (elsewhere) has convinced me (finally) that Steam-ers should leave WON-ers alone about their choices and vice versa.

Some people like WON, some like Steam, we'll just have to accept that. Both have their "advantages" to the people who like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom