Using Deja Vu to play ESF.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I was younger, about 10 or so, I had the deja-vu sessions you described above. When it would kick in I was quite capable of "remembering" things that were about to happen over the next 4-10 seconds and could plan my reactions accordingly. One friend I had back at the time was near me when it happened once and I took the opportunity to describe someone who was about to come out from behind a building across the school. I think he believed I had simply seen her go back there and benched on her coming back into view, but nevertheless I involved someone else in one of my sessions.

I only used it to change what was about to happen twice, and it stopped happening shortly thereafter. A fair warning to those who read on, it sounds crazy, so either take it with a grain of salt or with an open mind. The first time was a test, because it had been happening so frequently over a short period I benched on it happening every day I went to school and planned to do something about it. I distinctly remember the first time I interupted my 'memory...' I was walking through my school at lunch time and I remember that I was about to run into a girl about ten paces ahead around the corner to my right and knock her books to the ground. Instead of continuing, I stopped in place and watched the corner. Low and behold the woman entered my sight and walked across my path without noticing me. At that moment I had two very intense sensations... extreme excitement with the notion that I could alter the future a few seconds at a time, and a gut-wrenching stomache ache that felt precisely as though a small black hole had popped inside and sucked all of the food and fluid out of it. Call me crazy, but I got this exact same feeling the second time I did the trick, so for only having screwed with my precognition twice, it was consistent.

The next time I screwed with my vision it was such a minor incident that I can barely remember it... it didn't involve any people, just myself, my notebook, and my memory. Instead of writing something I had heard, I stopped myself from writing and stared at the page as the time ran out. Once again I recieved a gut-wrenching empty void feeling, just as intense as before, and then the vision abruptly ended right before it's conclusion (read: the next few seconds I could remember I all of a sudden couldn't remember went away and I lost the deja-vu feeling). After these incidents I went home and reported my findings to my mother and my friends, and shortly afterwards it stopped. It's never happened again... in fact, I get deja-vu perhaps once a year anymore, and only for a few seconds at a time. Without knowing when it is going to happen I cannot prepare myself to explore it, so I've essentially lost the gift.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster, I read through your whole post and that really sounds cool, I wish I had that, to save me from embarrasing moments....that would've really helped me, too bad :(

I don't think I've had Deja-vu before, but sometimes when I do something, it really just feels extremely fimiliar as if I've been there and done that before.

Best answers
i`ve had deja vu`s in the past.. even a few weeks before but never something that i could really use at that moment..

when i experience a deja vu i always wish it`s with stocks or money but those seem kinda rare :p and if they occur they are to late to use them..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This WAS about using deja vu's to play ESF, and I posted it in ESF Chat because it said "post anything related to ESF" and this was related to ESF, until people started posted about deja vu and their experiences with it. As far as I'm concerned this can be moved to Off-Topic.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
People who are saying " I blocked this guys fists in a fight" need to stop watching anime/playing video games. I find that hard to believe. Deja Vu does not give you the ability to see into the future but rather make you feel familiar with the present.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
People who are saying " I blocked this guys fists in a fight" need to stop watching anime/playing video games. I find that hard to believe. Deja Vu does not give you the ability to see into the future but rather make you feel familiar with the present.
I think it's the time when everyone talks about their super-special abillities now
I once shot a fireball into the moon, and then i had a "de-ja-vu", and it felt very familiar, it showed me what will happen if the moon is gone.
so I instant-transmissioned up to the moon, and shot a generic-ball to the fireball, saving the moon, and the UNIVERSE.

Ssj5Brolly - lol , I definately agree with you..
everything stated above is absolute bull**** :p!
De Ja Vu is when you get a feeling of "I was here already", "This had happened already".
it's definately not : "He's gonna use a lowkick now" or anything like that.
I'm not saying these stories didnt happen, they could've happened but
its not to be described as "Dejavu"
maybe you have other powers :p...
UVAJED ! (Dejavu from the end to the beginning)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Boyster's experience would better be described as precognition. Deja Vu and precognition are quite different in that the former gives you the feeling that a certain event may have already happened prior to you experiencing it at that moment and the latter allows one to see certain events in the future before they occur, allowing that person to change or alter an event or even keep it from ever happening.

I think dan made up this scenario, but I've experienced something quite similar to Boyster so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't make it up, I don't have any reason to. A Deja Vu can happen in any situation, even in gaming, and I doubt I'm the FIRST one that's experienced it. I'm just the first to mention it HERE. And again, there are long deja vu's, and short deja vu's. If the deja vu is long enough, you CAN know things a few seconds in advance, and there's no point in denying that. Maybe you just find it hard to believe because some of you didn't experience it yourselves. But I assure you, it is very much possible, and it happened. It will happen to you, eventually. Just when you try to get a Deja Vu, dont go all "OMG A DEJA VU THIS HAPPENED", calm down, and focus. You'll see that the events happening in your head are unfolding. Trust me for once, I'm NOT lying.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deja vu

You're obviously not talking about deja vu. Please don't try to explain the wonders of the mind to me, because I've been there and I've done that. Deja Vu isn't being able to see the future. It is merely a feeling.

There is no way to force your mind to experience "extended deja vu" in order to see a few seconds into the future because that just isn't how or what deja vu works and is.

What you experienced is something I would call "instinct". I've played this game a long time and I usually know where people are going to move and what they plan on doing. Am I reading their minds? Am I seeing into the future? Not at all. I'm comparing what I'm seeing to what I've seen, and as I've said, everyone plays this game the same way. Whether you're conciously "predicting" their next move based on previous knowledge or not doesn't really matter, because in all likelyhood, you're doing it subconciously anyway. The same applies to fighting. Most fighters "feel" where the hit is coming from and where it's going to before it's even been launched, allowing them to brace themselves, evade, or counter.

My opinion on your tale is you're either lying because you want attention, you're lying because you want like so many others to believe that you are somehow superior to others, or you've experienced a gamer's instinct for the first time. That's just me though. From my experience, a lot of 12-15 year olds want to experience some kind of psychic phenomena, or if you're really into eastern teachings and what have you, chi or prana-related phenomena.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, I don't know if I should start drawing for you. Trust me for once, OK? I'm not talking just about the game. It happens in everyday life. I recognize the events that are happening, like a short clip in my head that I've watched. It's like watching a movie twice and knowing how it's gonna end the second time you watch it. That's how I know what's gonna happen, and it does happen. Actually, I don't know why I'm explaining this to you. You're obviously too hard-headed. You believe anything you read and are told without experiencing it yourself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Presumptuous are we?

I know what deja vu is and I know what it isn't. What you're making it out to be just isn't so. Instead of holding on to the idea of deja vu, try finding another word for your experience.

It's almost as if you just saw that film with Denzel Washington o.0.

Best answers
I was going to read some of the long posts, but then I remembered I'm a lazy piece of crap. Anyways, I think deja vu has something to do with the large portion of the brain not used. I don't think it's possible to know the future, but to catch a small glimpse of an unaltered path. I've gotten deja vu while playing a game. I get deja vu very frequently. But it's only a flash, so that I feel like I've been in that very spot at that very time before, but that's it. Either way, I sure as hell wish I'd get deja vu like that so I could see my opponents moves... Lucky.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to read some of the long posts, but then I remembered I'm a lazy piece of crap. Anyways, I think deja vu has something to do with the large portion of the brain not used. I don't think it's possible to know the future, but to catch a small glimpse of an unaltered path. I've gotten deja vu while playing a game. I get deja vu very frequently. But it's only a flash, so that I feel like I've been in that very spot at that very time before, but that's it. Either way, I sure as hell wish I'd get deja vu like that so I could see my opponents moves... Lucky.
We use 100% of our brain.

I get Deja Vu from time to time, and it's nothing more than the feeling of familiarity.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We use every part of our brain, just not at the same time.

Time is not written in stone, so it is impossible to see THE future. Precognition is only the ability to see possibilities. What one does with those possibilities separates the average Joe from the not-so-average Joe.

EDIT-HEIL: MC got to you before I did.

I'll elaborate then. People think that if they use every part of their brain that that leaves no room for supernatural phenomena of any sort. This simply isn't true. Humans have vast potential and it isn't our brain that determines what we're able to do but our perception or awareness of the world. Sometimes belief is all that's needed to make something possible.

Best answers
Uh... What about all that scientifically proven stuff about how we only used like 10 or 11% of our brains? Was that a nation-wide believed false fact?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is the exact opposite of what has been scientifically proven. Your belief is false and the opposite of your belief has been proven by many people, including but not limited to some of the folks at MIT.

Best answers
Wait... why would we scientifically prove that which is already logically thought? How did stuff about only using a portion of our brain start then?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.google.com

Be my guest. Don't be fooled by the findings though. We still don't understand how the brain really works. If we did, we'd probably be able to become perfect savants; all the genius without any of the social problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom