Using Deja Vu to play ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys won't believe what just happened. I was playing ESF, and I actually got a Deja Vu of playing ESF. And since my Deja Vu's are long, I can occasionaly use them to know things a few seconds in advance. So this time, I actually knew the exact move my opponent was gonna make, and I countered it. And it scared the hell out of me. Anything similar ever happen to you?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have deja vu sometimes too. But they dont kick in in gaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get them quite often, and use them to know things in advance, usually useless because nothing out of the ordinary happens at that moment, but this is the first time I actually had a deja vu of myself playing a game. Man...

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Deja Vu's usually when I go to sleep, before I fall asleep, my dreams of the past night are raising up in fade, it's really weird.

But getting them while playing ESF, thats new ^_^ but thats cheating!
Joking of course...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get usually deja vu when i'm sleeping o_O
that's really creepy imo

Best answers
I got my first deja vu when i and my friends played basketball with some bullys,
i started somehow reading every single move opponents will make and we won.
But i didn't experience deja vu ingame...

Oh, also i had deja vu when we were fighting with my friend (for real)
back then i blocked all of his moves.

Best answers
Deja Vu... it's not... I mean, you can't use it to... that's to say, you don't see the...

*sigh*

Yes, well done. Good psychic powers there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It probably has to do with the fact that everyone plays in the exact same way. You're either in group A or you're in group B. Once you figure out which group the person you're fighting is in, you know exactly what to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it's true. I just get these pictures in my head, once it happens, I know it's a deja vu, and if it's long, the picture in my head moves faster than the picture ingame, since my mind is faster than the game, and I know where he is and what move he's gonna make before he does. But it only happened once, and it wasn't as long as usual.

@Scruff: It is possible to predict the future with Deja Vu, no matter how absurd it may sound. If you get a Deja Vu, and something is actually happening in it, you CAN know what's gonna happen after the moment you realize it's a Deja Vu, considering it is in the Deja Vu. I know it from experience, and don't try convincing me otherwise because I DID predict what was gonna happen, multiple times, and I even said what my dad was gonna say once, and he admitted that was what he was gonna say. So, there. I believe the brain actually works as a kind of time machine. Actually, we humans don't have a complete understanding of the 4th dimension, that is, time. It isn't beyond possibility that Deja Vu is actually the consequence of the brain kinda FORWARDING time like we do on a VCR. It didn't happen actually, but the brain stored some of the information of that event where he forwarded to, and that's how we get Deja Vu. There's my theory.

I have Deja Vu's usually when I go to sleep, before I fall asleep, my dreams of the past night are raising up in fade, it's really weird.

But getting them while playing ESF, thats new ^_^ but thats cheating!
Deja Vu's in ESF may be cheating, but they can't be VAC secured.

Best answers
Yer, I get Deja Vu's sometimes too, same map etc etc. It has to happen sometimes if you play for a while. I wouldn't call it cheating... >_>
It's just a phase which you go through where you see the same things happen.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Human cognition works mainly with associations.

Think of human knowledge as a network of different nodes.
When one node is activated, nodes close to that one are activated too.
So when you think of 'chicken', another node like 'animal' may be activated, or another node like 'bird'.

This obviously isn't limited to terms, but also to emotions, to situations etc, which is why certain thinks like a picture or a smell can invoke an emotional response from people.

My idea is that a deja-vu is one of those nodes being triggered under certain situations. The nodes and connections are there because you've already experienced it.

Best answers
Yea it is more Precognition...I have it all the time..which is why i did well in esf when i played hardcore..anyone that used to play with me all the time knew that somehow i could guess where you were going and i just felt that it would be the right move...it is part understanding how a person plays and part guessing

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is possible to predict the future with Deja Vu, no matter how absurd it may sound. If you get a Deja Vu, and something is actually happening in it, you CAN know what's gonna happen after the moment you realize it's a Deja Vu, considering it is in the Deja Vu. I know it from experience, and don't try convincing me otherwise because I DID predict what was gonna happen, multiple times, and I even said what my dad was gonna say once, and he admitted that was what he was gonna say. So, there. I believe the brain actually works as a kind of time machine. Actually, we humans don't have a complete understanding of the 4th dimension, that is, time. It isn't beyond possibility that Deja Vu is actually the consequence of the brain kinda FORWARDING time like we do on a VCR. It didn't happen actually, but the brain stored some of the information of that event where he forwarded to, and that's how we get Deja Vu. There's my theory.
It's no time machine, it was just a delayed reaction. Meaning, you saw something coming, but the signals being sent to your brain were delayed, though when they finally reached your brain, it felt as if you have seen it before. You already saw it with your eyes, but the signals were delayed in being sent to your brain, so it looks like it happened before.

At least that's my understanding of one of the many theories regarding Deja Vu.

Best answers
What is this "Deja vu"?
I don't have any idea that what are you speking from, well except that the 1 dude blocked all his friends hits and kicked his ass...

But what the ...?
Please tell me the meaning of this "Deja vu" thing.

OOOH!! never mind! i got it, i watched from wikipedia!!!!!
No need to explain!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
to be honest..
i dont think this forum is the right place for this kind of discussion:p

Best answers
Yea i agree with you!

That's so stupid anyway. And im not saying that there couldn't be people who could not be able to see to the future, but you know this is kinda wierd "chatty chatty".... But I don't care if you want to have a little converstation from this s**t. :D

And MC is saying the truth, you can look from wikipedia if you dont believe....

Best answers
I had a small deja vu in ESF where this guy was coming at me the same as this other guy before but it ended about 10 seconds later and he killed me with a big bang instead of me killing him with a death ball XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shinobi, man, a deja vu is when you feel like what you're experiencing at the moment has already happened, or you dreamed it. It's french for "already seen". I think. And as for MC's theory, I don't think you're right, since I can clearly predict what is going to happen next, and the signals from my eyes to my brain are definitely not slow, cause that would mean like "WATCH OUT THERE'S A BALL COMING AT UR HEAD! WTF!?!?! I DON'T SEE IT, BUT HEY, IT'S DEJA VU!!" I definitely think it's happening because humans don't have a good enough understanding of the fourth dimension. That is, time. Think of it this way: We are all on a piece of paper. We are all 2-dimensional. One of us gets sent to jail. It has four walls, that are just lines. But since we're 2-dimensional, those seem like walls to us. BUT, if someone that is 3-dimenisonal could pick us up from that piece of paper from UP, that would look to us as if the hand of that somebody is passing through the ceiling, or wall. But when it comes to being 4-dimensional, that's something we can't comprehend, but the brain can. That's why we get Deja Vu. We're all 4-dimensional, since we exist in TIME. But we can't move through all 4 dimensions, at least not yet. Or maybe, not consciously. Maybe we do indeed move through 4 dimensions when we SLEEP. That could explain why we think we dreamed the Deja Vu. It all seems very made-up and ridicilous, but that's just how I think. Like this:

People ask me why I don't believe in God. I say because I have never seen, heard or felt him. They ask: "Then who created the universe?" I say: Nothing. Nothing created the universe. They ask: "How is that possible?" I say: "Well, we know that the universe is EVERYTHING, and that there's nothing beyond it. But a thing can't create itself, therefore everything can't create everything. Therefore, EVERYTHING had to be created by something that ISN'T everything. And that is...nothing. And if something did indeed create the universe, then it existed before the universe, and since the universe and that which created it are everything, and that which created it came before the universe, before the universe was created that which created the universe was EVERYTHING. And again, everything can't create everything, so everything must've been created by something that isn't everything, and taht is..nothing."

EDIT: I'd trust myself before Wikipedia, shinobi. A Deja Vu can't be studied nor controlled, so there's absolutely no way we can determine what it really is. All we can do is THINK what it is.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shinobi, man, a deja vu is when you feel like what you're experiencing at the moment has already happened, or you dreamed it. It's french for "already seen". I think. And as for MC's theory, I don't think you're right, since I can clearly predict what is going to happen next, and the signals from my eyes to my brain are definitely not slow, cause that would mean like "WATCH OUT THERE'S A BALL COMING AT UR HEAD! WTF!?!?! I DON'T SEE IT, BUT HEY, IT'S DEJA VU!!" I definitely think it's happening because humans don't have a good enough understanding of the fourth dimension. That is, time. Think of it this way: We are all on a piece of paper. We are all 2-dimensional. One of us gets sent to jail. It has four walls, that are just lines. But since we're 2-dimensional, those seem like walls to us. BUT, if someone that is 3-dimenisonal could pick us up from that piece of paper from UP, that would look to us as if the hand of that somebody is passing through the ceiling, or wall. But when it comes to being 4-dimensional, that's something we can't comprehend, but the brain can. That's why we get Deja Vu. We're all 4-dimensional, since we exist in TIME. But we can't move through all 4 dimensions, at least not yet. Or maybe, not consciously. Maybe we do indeed move through 4 dimensions when we SLEEP. That could explain why we think we dreamed the Deja Vu. It all seems very made-up and ridicilous, but that's just how I think. Like this:

People ask me why I don't believe in God. I say because I have never seen, heard or felt him. They ask: "Then who created the universe?" I say: Nothing. Nothing created the universe. They ask: "How is that possible?" I say: "Well, we know that the universe is EVERYTHING, and that there's nothing beyond it. But a thing can't create itself, therefore everything can't create everything. Therefore, EVERYTHING had to be created by something that ISN'T everything. And that is...nothing. And if something did indeed create the universe, then it existed before the universe, and since the universe and that which created it are everything, and that which created it came before the universe, before the universe was created that which created the universe was EVERYTHING. And again, everything can't create everything, so everything must've been created by something that isn't everything, and taht is..nothing."

EDIT: I'd trust myself before Wikipedia, shinobi. A Deja Vu can't be studied nor controlled, so there's absolutely no way we can determine what it really is. All we can do is THINK what it is.
You can't say I'm not right, nor can you say that I'm right. Deja Vu can only be explained in theories like most of the things in this world. The fourth dimension only exists in theory, and it's not necessarily time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Deja-Vu is when you "animal" brain begins to wake up (usually when you are tired) and you Intellectual brain "rests" these being your right and left sides. The most accepted Theory is that your mind has a harder time sending information between your left and right side of your brain. Your left side sees it before your right side, when the right side collects the information it creates a feeling of having seen this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom