Using Deja Vu to play ESF.

Best answers
www.google.com

Be my guest. Don't be fooled by the findings though. We still don't understand how the brain really works. If we did, we'd probably be able to become perfect savants; all the genius without any of the social problems.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

Well that certainly proved me wrong. It also has a bunch of other cool stuff on it. Especially the entry about the subconscious mind.

"We normally use only 10 to 20 percent of our minds. Think how different your life would be if you could utilize that other 80 to 90 percent known as the subconscious mind."

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait... why would we scientifically prove that which is already logically thought? How did stuff about only using a portion of our brain start then?
A lot of things were originally thought to be true, but become disproved later on. The Earth being the center of the universe used to be a logical fact. Everything revolves around the Earth also used to be another logical fact. Frogs used to be born from mud, that used to be a logical fact. The list goes on and on.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

Well that certainly proved me wrong. It also has a bunch of other cool stuff on it. Especially the entry about the subconscious mind.

"We normally use only 10 to 20 percent of our minds. Think how different your life would be if you could utilize that other 80 to 90 percent known as the subconscious mind."
That's a different thing. Unfortunately, I can't put words together on how to explain that.

Eh, I'll try anyway:

We use 100% of our brains. Our conscious uses about 10% of it, while our sub-conscious uses the other 90%.

Best answers
Lol, don't worry I'm not so simple that I don't understand what the sub-conscious mind is.

Best answers
I apologize for that. Whenever I read something, and I'm unable to put it into my own understanding, I tend to restate it until it makes sense.
Having full control of the sub-conscious mind... That would kick so much ass. Although if you think about it, having control of it kinda chisels away the original known meaning of it being the "sub-conscious mind".

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having full control of the sub-conscious mind... That would kick so much ass. Although if you think about it, having control of it kinda chisels away the original known meaning of it being the "sub-conscious mind".
Well, that's where I think that we can control our sub-conscious completely, we would die. The sub-conscious as you know, controls all of our body's functions and such, so if the sub-conscious becomes part of our conscious, we would have no idea how to control our body. Anyone willing to debunk my theory, please go ahead. My theory is just based on my understanding of the mind.

Anyway, I just remembered about the HowStuffWorks website, and interesting enough, they had one on Deja Vu - http://science.howstuffworks.com/deja-vu.htm

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose there could be limited conciousness of the sub-concious o_O. One would have whatever abilities the sub-concious has while still having all automatic functions remain automatic.

Best answers
Uh-oh. That last one went to deep. My brain just fried.

But if the sub-conscious is what the mind controls and does on it's own, then controlling it would demean the original meaning wouldn't it? It would no longer be the SUB-conscious, we would just have a higher consciousness and either gain a higher understanding, or become higher beings. At least this is just my I'm-trying-to-know-what-ever-it-is-I'm-babbling-about logic so it may not even make sense.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This entertaining banter deserves to be in off topic, and so it shall be.

I haven't seen Deja Vu yet but I want to... I am attracted to movies like Butterfly Effect and Final Destination because they "explore" precognition and bending the future (and I use the term loosely; manipulate is probably more accurate). If this one is any good I'll look it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once when I was playing baseball (it was actually strawberry, if any of you know the game) back in elementary school, I had something like precognition. I was standing facing a little more than 90 degrees away from the batter, talking to my friend in the outfield. With my back to the hitter, talking with my friend, I suddenly twisted around, my arm shot up of its own volition above me and off to the side. I didn't even know what I'd done until my other hand froze taking the softball out of my glove. I just looked at my friend and he just looked at me. The silence was eerie.

Best answers
dude thats freaky.......

the only deja vu i had in a game was in gta3 online

i got a picture of the car i was going to get in my head and when i looked at the screen i was in the same car and could'nt remember if i stole it or not.... very strange

Best answers
Actually making me login for this... been reading the forums for years just recently registered.

Deja Vu happens alot to me. Back in July I saw how the breakup with my girlfriend was going to go while i was doing dishes at her house. I gave her a stare that she said peirced straight through her soul and saw what she was worth. Of course after that day i ignored it.

Today at work my friend Heather said something how I was joking how much she gets around (it was a reviling night), i froze for a minute and I remember the same exactly words coming from her mouth exactly while this yellow mustang pulled up to the parking lot in the dark during a dream. I stopped and said Deja Vu and she hit me and said "I never said that about myself before!" I said no its deja vu and she hit me again thinking i was joking but she didnt understand so it was dropped.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once when I was playing baseball (it was actually strawberry, if any of you know the game) back in elementary school, I had something like precognition. I was standing facing a little more than 90 degrees away from the batter, talking to my friend in the outfield. With my back to the hitter, talking with my friend, I suddenly twisted around, my arm shot up of its own volition above me and off to the side. I didn't even know what I'd done until my other hand froze taking the softball out of my glove. I just looked at my friend and he just looked at me. The silence was eerie.
That's your nervous system at work. When I was maybe 16 or so I used to be involved in a lot of sports and I realized I had something like "twitch reflexes", where I would dodge or catch long before I saw what I was going for. The human body is truly an amazing machine.

@ TheGamer: If having limited concious control of the subconcious alters its name, then fine o_O. It's only a word and has no other significance other than it being classified as being the layer under the concious layer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We use every part of our brain, just not at the same time.

Time is not written in stone, so it is impossible to see THE future. Precognition is only the ability to see possibilities. What one does with those possibilities separates the average Joe from the not-so-average Joe.

EDIT-HEIL: MC got to you before I did.

I'll elaborate then. People think that if they use every part of their brain that that leaves no room for supernatural phenomena of any sort. This simply isn't true. Humans have vast potential and it isn't our brain that determines what we're able to do but our perception or awareness of the world. Sometimes belief is all that's needed to make something possible.
Then I guess I have precognition. Although it feels a LOT like Deja Vu. But okay, I'll believe you.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone has precog abilities to some degree. Basically everyone who has ever lived has had at least one experience where they've viewed something yet to happen, and it ends up happening later on.

I don't remember where I read it, but the brain is able to see several seconds "into the future". We just don't conciously act in accordance with the information we receive, just like we're not aware of half the **** our subconcious processes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm aware when this happens, since I recognize it. But it really is wierd, it just feels like a long Deja Vu.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had one back in the end of the 1.1 days.

I had a dream of playing ESF but it was 1.2.

About 1 year later after the 1.2.3 was out. It realy happened XD

Map cellgames day and me playing Goku. I even remember the advanced melee directions that hapened in the dream XD

For 5 whole seconds i knew every detail XD
but heck i get a lot of theese things. Mostly situation related. Like meeting a person or talkign to a friend or something like that.

And every time i get freaked out >.<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone has precog abilities to some degree. Basically everyone who has ever lived has had at least one experience where they've viewed something yet to happen, and it ends up happening later on.

I don't remember where I read it, but the brain is able to see several seconds "into the future". We just don't conciously act in accordance with the information we receive, just like we're not aware of half the **** our subconcious processes.

BAH i missed page 2 ^^

Now i ask you. Wouldn't it be nice to have that ability fully under control :p

Just imagine. Wining the lottery whenever you wanted XD

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, no it wouldn't. Being able to know the future and influence events in such a way that your vision would come true 100% of the time would be incredibly boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom