Uchiha Sasuke W.I.P.

Best answers
i know you wanted good , but i think it would be more wise for you to study some refs before posting : ) that s a little tip for the future
cheers!
There is several things wrong with the pictures you provided.

You're using curse seal Sasuke as an example, his expression is due to the fact that the curse seal is active, and he is under more pressure, thats like skinning Vegeta and using Majin Vegeta as a ref.

You've also used ref's that have sasuke either talking, or showing a particular emotion, animators take liberties in this area to try to convey the characters emotions, sometimes they look right, sometimes they dont.

Using close ups is also a bad Idea, considering its typical in anime for the proportions of the eyes to change to help convey a little more emotion.

Last of all, you've taken references from several different animation teams, which means they aren't all consistent with one another.

If you want a really accurate ref, either use the model sheet, or flip through the manga.

Hope this helps

Best answers
There is several things wrong with the pictures you provided.
how can a strict anime pic be wrong in its nature, a pic from the show is not laying, if a line apears in the show, its natural that i will skin the same line on my skin.

You're using curse seal Sasuke as an example, his expression is due to the fact that the curse seal is active, and he is under more pressure,
Basicly your repeating what i stated, renember , im not aiming for a static emotion less face expresion, i wanna show some life in him. And that extra one line under every eye helps me achive my goal.

Using close ups is also a bad Idea, considering its typical in anime for the proportions of the eyes to change to help convey a little more emotion.
Using close up's overall, and im talking about large detailed pics is a realy beneficial thing, and I never noticed that the eye " proportions " are changed by the anime animators every time.., there is only one way to show sasuke eyes, i think that the animators/ creators know what they are doing ^_~

Last of all, you've taken references from several different animation teams, which means they aren't all consistent with one another.
Hope this helps
that s not changing a fact that extra lines do apear , as you stated your self
"in every animating team " those lines do apear. My point was to show you clearly what was my "reason " in adding a single extra line under every eye, and i know i proved my point :]

If you want a really accurate ref, either use the model sheet, or flip through the manga.
Hope this helps
modeling/skining/rendering/aiming for a anime/show look, and meanwhile grab refs from the manga? that s a realy bad idea

You've also used ref's that have sasuke either talking, or showing a particular emotion,
not a single ref is showing sasuke talking, they are all almost idle ones, exept for some of the cursed seal ones , basicly what i typed above , im not aiming for a static expersion when it goes for poses.

So uhm ^_^", you basicly repeated what i stated... it eint helping anyway...

i wont continue this couse i dont wanna mess ravven's thread, i Know my point , and i dont realy like long forum debates lol's
but thanks for comment anyway Mdewd! and mr Tomasz! i got a new sig! woot!!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice guys.
Nataku, you Photoshoped shading on one leg band and you forgot the other, just letting you know, it would look nicer if you have them both fixed in PS. ;]
The thumb in your render looks kind of broken, probably due to the rig.

The lines under the eyes on your version are too defind as well, like Mount Dewd said, it gives more of an "Itachi" feeling insted of Sasuke.

Last thing, the headband tie on the back shouldnt be visible, it's strait in the back of the head and shouldnt be visible in a full front view of the head.

how can a strict anime pic be wrong in its nature, a pic from the show is not laying, if a line apears in the show, its natural that i will skin the same line on my skin.
Thats not exactly true, you need to choose the best drawing styles from the best episodes.
It can work through personal taste but thats not how other people remember the details if you know what I mean.
You can base your details on 50+ refs and see which has the same details more often.

For example, in the refs you posted the lines under the eyes are never drawn as one consistent line, it's broken and goes through folds and such, I'm sure you know what I mean.

modeling/skining/rendering/aiming for a anime/show look, and meanwhile grab refs from the manga? that s a realy bad idea
Where did that came from? xD

Either way, good work both of ya =]

Last note, toes look rather weird on Ravven's version, missing nails.

Best answers
at last i can talk with a guy who knows about he is talking about

Nataku, you Photoshoped shading on one leg band and you forgot the other, just letting you know, it would look nicer if you have them both fixed in PS. ;]
Nope, hehe didint photoshop that,
renember, im not using strict inp rendering from a while now,

The thumb in your render looks kind of broken, probably due to the rig.
In deed the rig, nothing more i could do about it

The lines under the eyes on your version are too defind as well, like Mount Dewd said, it gives more of an "Itachi" feeling insted of Sasuke.
Well i disagree couse i simply dont have such a fell : / , and i proved clearly that i didint freestyled while skining them , they came from the show it self. So its all a matter of likning or disliking, not a matter show wise "corectness"

Thats not exactly true, you need to choose the best drawing styles from the best episodes.
It can work through personal taste but thats not how other people remember the details if you know what I mean.
You can base your details on 50+ refs and see which has the same details more often.
you didint exactly altered to what i typed, Its again not changing a fact that if some facial lines are showed in the show, they are forbiden to use on a skin. It's true that they are irregural, thats obvious, but that's an another argument twards the "free hand " given to the skiner, as more they are irregurla, shorter, longer, then i can use any style i want on the skin and still be ok with the show. SO saying that they are too Exposed is again a matter of liking, not a matter of " skin them, or dont skin them couse they are not consistant, or they dont exist totaly in the show.

Where did that came from? xD
well it came from my personal researches i did twards, any kind of Anime.
When im doing a char from the anime, im basing on screens from the show.
Try to make ZEQ2 chars, considering that the overall project is based on the anime ( and meanwhile someone will strongly advise you to get manga refs )

For example, in the refs you posted the lines under the eyes are never drawn as one consistent line, it's broken and goes through folds and such, I'm sure you know what I mean.
another argument that i have more free hand in skining, if they are inconsistant
I can make them a little more or less inconsistant, and its still ok to the show.
like there is no Exact blueprint to creativity in this area.

Well uhm, i wouldent reply if it wherent sv posting hehe, so i wont continue this for sure, if you want guys, drop me a pm, or make a nev theard : D

^_^ im of to some bike madness , cherrs!

Best answers
People tell you to use refs from the manga, because the art in it is actually consistent

The manga looks better than the show, no-one knows how to draw their own characters better than the creator.

Stating the Anime and the Manga as two completely different things in terms of visual direction is wrong, especially in the case of Naruto.

The only difference between the Manga and the Anime, is that the animators make far more mistakes, especially when concerning anatomy (some animation teams cant seem to draw anything other than a front and side perspective without it looking like utter crap)

You take your cue from the show, you're going to end up with alot of refs that contradict one another, especially proportion wise.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you have matured in a way, Nataku, you have more understanding than before as well ;]

-Nataku- said:
another argument that i have more free hand in skining, if they are inconsistant
I can make them a little more or less inconsistant, and its still ok to the show.
like there is no Exact blueprint to creativity in this area.
Yeah, I know what you mean about free hand but it is very possible to make those inconsistent lines with the line tool, very easy, I can show you through PM if you want, exactly how to draw them.
Just weird that at the moment, they are as one thick line.

-Nataku- said:
Nope, hehe didint photoshop that,
renember, im not using strict inp rendering from a while now
Dont mean to push you to the corner there, just asking, cause one leg band has "modeled like" shading and the other doesnt, it would just look better if both would look the same. ;)

Mountain Dewd, I'll have to dissagree about what you said because the Anime is different in a way of the drawing styles and animation from the Manga, and that matters a lot when creating a model or skin.
If he wants to follow the Anime it's great, he can go all out on that part, just not mix the two.

Following the Anime isnt so bad, you can collect 50+ refs and base every little detail on each and every one of the refs, then you have an expended idea of how everything should look by the rules of the Anime, just like how ZEQ2 is working.

Bottom line: Nataku, Ravven, keep it up dudes, take some crits all around and make more renders :3

Best answers
Well, you have matured in a way, Nataku, you have more understanding than before as well ;]
so i was immature back in the past : P ?

Mountain Dewd, I'll have to dissagree about what you said because the Anime is different in a way of the drawing styles and animation from the Manga, and that matters a lot when creating a model or skin.
If he wants to follow the Anime it's great, he can go all out on that part, just not mix the two.
Following the Anime isnt so bad, you can collect 50+ refs and base every little detail on each and every one of the refs, then you have an expended idea of how everything should look by the rules of the Anime, just like how ZEQ2 is working.
Exactly what i had in mind sv! i was also reffering to zeq2 in my statement, as an work flow example.

Bottom line: Nataku, Ravven, keep it up dudes, take some crits all around and make more renders :3
<3 we will push our self's even more into training, and im sure we will aknowledge even more nev jutsu ! : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom