Uchiha Sasuke W.I.P.

Best answers
question, i know i'll probably sound dumb, but what program do you use to make these models?

Best answers
question, i know i'll probably sound dumb, but what program do you use to make these models?
There are a bunch of different programs you can use to make them. Look here

Nice model Ravven. I can't wait until it's finished. (Is this for fun or HL/HL2 or some other game?)

Best answers
3d max studio 8, and milkshape .i think you need photoshop cs2.
You don't need photoshop or anything like that to model. You only need a painting program for skinning (unless you skin with MS paint but it wouldnt look as good)

Best answers
i really like this sasuke model. the hair looks really accurate. i'd like to see a realistic skin. i can't seem to find anything wrong with it. good job!

Best answers
Hehe... I think that he's (almost) finished ;) I added hands, puch and that leg bandana/pocket thingy (or whatever it's called :p) Also some fixes on shirt and hair were made... Still some tweaking to do but I guess he's about 90% complete...

here are standard front/lefr/rear shots:

and some perspective shots, so u can see him from diffrent angles:

I think that he will have animateable eyelashes and mouth... but we'll see about that...

Any suggestions how to make him better?

Best answers
The 3/4 view really points out how his crotch sort of looks like a butt. No offense man, I just think its very oddly shaped.

Best answers
his head looks good,but there are a few things that you should work on(also for your future models)
.If you would animate the shouldres or legs,they wouldn't deform to good.So add some more poly's to them.
Second thing is the use of polygon's.you don't need all those polygons on his mouth and eyes,especially not if you're not even sure if it will be animated.
take onother look at your reference for his head,cause his hair that covers his ears,isn't that big in the sideview.
His pants also don't need that much poly's for something that looks like a cylinder.
Last thing i want to say is the hands. No offence,but they are kinda terrible. Real hands don't look that fat and flat,look at your own hands and study them.

I'm sure it will look great once it's textured and posed by Nataku,but some parts could be improved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea his crotch does look like a butt when looking at it a certain way and the hands are kind of awkward looking. Also the kunai holder bandage things don't look like bandages, but that may b/c it's not textured yet? The sides of his legs probably should have those bumps too, it looks weird like that.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Best answers
-> Movento

If you would animate the shouldres or legs,they wouldn't deform to good.So add some more poly's to them.
Second thing is the use of polygon's.you don't need all those polygons on his mouth and eyes,especially not if you're not even sure if it will be animated.
take onother look at your reference for his head,cause his hair that covers his ears,isn't that big in the sideview.
His pants also don't need that much poly's for something that looks like a cylinder.
Last thing i want to say is the hands. No offence,but they are kinda terrible.
Thanks for some constructive crits movento! Okay so u could kinda help me out here with some things...
1. Were I should add those polies?
2. I don't get what u mean with those ears and hair covering them
3. I don't like the hands myself... I think that they are a bit off with proportions... don't know how to make 'em right tho

I am 99% sure that I want animateable mouth and eyes... And I made pants that way so they will a lil more defined ;]

-> QMark & Barney0528

On which pic? Can you point it out more precise?

Best answers
im sure that ravven will fix all the things, i just cant wait xD

Best answers
Okay, I made some changes to Sasuke and this is probably like the final post. Of course any crits will be considered, but if there are none, I will juct finish head bandana and hand model to Nate.

C&C welcome :)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great dude =]

Few things I find looking a bit weird:
-Legs skinny from the side view (at least the front area of the lower leg looks like it's pushed in too much)
-Neck really long (I know it's accurate to the settei but it looks extremely weird to me)
-Wristbands thingys, seem to have weird flow cause of some modeled folds and it makes it look like bad smoothing groups.
Also they seem really thin/small.
-Hands look a bit stiff, I think it could be the thumb that is making it look that way, maybe a close up? =o

Neat progress so far, keep it up :smile:

Best answers
Hey thanks for crtis :] Here are some updates. I fixed legs nad those 'whrist bandes' thingy... lowered head and some other stuff. Anyway that wrist things are ment to be that way ;] Trust me on that and w8 till cell shading is done :D

Some fun with light and materials:

And here is smoothed mesh which I made for Nate to see:

Here is also a close up for u SV:

Okay guys... Any crits...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god please, stop posting so many picture about the one n the same ^^

one single good shot can bring all your updates up, no need for different shadings shoots and all about the same.

also they're all so biiiigggg.

Anyway a good suggestion how to "fix" something where you would need some quite lot fix-work is to delet the part and redo it ^^ its worth it!

keep it up, hands are still kinda buggy.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From my experience, bad mesh will cause bad shading (Cell Shading), and I'm refering to the wristbands.
It doesnt look bad, I see where you added folds and all, but you need to flip quite a few edges for it to look cleaner/smoother if you get what I mean.
But the size does look better after the fix ;)

The hand looks good from the top view but from the 3/4 view some fingers look deformed and the thumb looks unnatural, I'll try to make a drawover...when I'm more focused @_@

Neck looks much better too =) cool progress.

Best answers
thanks SV. I'll see what I can do with flow on those wrist things... And that drawover would be great help ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom