Trunks: Was Ussj the end?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Believe me, it's not SSJ2. SSJ2 has more traits than you might think, and you don't see them when Trunks' goes USSJ.

-Trunks comes to the present.
-He gets beaten by #17 and #18 (along with the rest of the Z fighters)
-He enters the HTC (Hyperbolic Time Chamber) with Vegeta where he trains for a year and learns USSJ.
-Cell absorbs #17 and becomes Imperfect.
-Vegeta and Trunks leave the HTC, they are now stronger than #17 and #18, Vegeta goes USSJ, beats Cell and allows him to absorb #18.
-Trunks goes USSJ to stop him.
-Cell absorbs #18 and becomes perfect.
-Perfect Cell kicks the crap out of Vegeta.
-Trunks goes USSJ2, 3, 4, 5 and still can't beat Cell. (You never see a USSJ past this point).
-Cell Games announced.
-Bulma gives Trunks a haircut :O
-Trunks goes back into the HTC. He is now much stronger than #17 and #18.
-Gohan kills Cell.
-Future Trunks goes back to the future and kills #18, #17 and Cell with ease as a regular Super Saiyan.

SSJ2 doesn't come into it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I thought he went USSJ because I remember reading Piccolo or someone saying He's pumping up!

Best answers
In the episodes Trunks didnt go ssj2 atleast in the dbz series.
But that dosnt mean he can't go ssj2, 3 ore eaven 4 never. And that goes for all others saijans and half saijans i mean.

Best answers
well actually i remember hearing goku say that only pure blooded sayajins can go ssj4.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Real ssj said:
well actually i remember hearing goku say that only pure blooded sayajins can go ssj4.
That could be debated. When a saiyan is born (full of half blooded) they will have a tail. Now if you look at the blood lines , goku could not control himself when he transformed into an ape , This also goes for Gohan in early dbz days.

But it's something we really wouldn't know , there's really not enough evidence for it to state a true theroy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That pure blooded thing would make sense though. Vegeta proved you don't have to go SSJ3 to go SSJ4, so why didn't Bulma zap Gohan with her Blutz Wave Emitter? He had a tail in the past (like Vegeta) and he'd gone both Oozaru and SSJ2 at some point (like Vegeta), the only difference is that Vegeta was pure blood and Gohan was not.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the Brute Wave transmitter was invented way after Gohan quit fighting. Besides, Gohan is not a serious fighter like Vegeta and Goku. Gohan was very weak in GT since he stopped fighting nor did he care to fight.

Before anyone starts mentioning the Cell Saga, remember that the only intention of Gohan being picked to fight was to get Gohan to transform. Goku only relied on his hidden power rather than his fighting skill, so you could say that Gohan (Like many times before) was forced to fight.

Besides, most people make GT seem like it never existed.

Best answers
Corefinder said:
In the episodes Trunks didnt go ssj2 atleast in the dbz series.
But that dosnt mean he can't go ssj2, 3 ore eaven 4 never. And that goes for all others saijans and half saijans i mean.
well i agree wit this cus in all honesty we'll never kno. i mean take this for example

now this is ssj2 gohan now i kno trunks never in fact went ssj2 but there are alot of resemblences of the 2. tho he never had the lightning sparks around him him and gohan both had alot in common. both were very fast both were very strong and also both of their hair stood straight on end like a ssj2 i mean b4 wen trunks had the same hairstyle in normal form it never stood up as much.

now tho u cant honestly go by the hair they do have similar traits at this point in time. and also u have to remember wne trunks went back into the time chamber he had to have gotten stronger but of course even if he was able to reach ssj2 at the cell games he wouldnt have actually done it knowing vegeta was right there embarassing him more. like wen he didnt go ussj2 till vegeta got knocked out fighting cell.

so its a possibility he couldve gone ssj2 but we'll never kno. i mean even tho he doesnt have the lightning around him in ep 179 he still does look like a ssj2. and i mean it looked like he had the strength of one wiping out the androids and cell wit ease. i mean i kno he trained in the hyperbolic time chamber which gave him alot of power but i mean still.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
well i agree wit this cus in all honesty we'll never kno. i mean take this for example

now this is ssj2 gohan now i kno trunks never in fact went ssj2 but there are alot of resemblences of the 2. tho he never had the lightning sparks around him him and gohan both had alot in common. both were very fast both were very strong and also both of their hair stood straight on end like a ssj2 i mean b4 wen trunks had the same hairstyle in normal form it never stood up as much.

now tho u cant honestly go by the hair they do have similar traits at this point in time. and also u have to remember wne trunks went back into the time chamber he had to have gotten stronger but of course even if he was able to reach ssj2 at the cell games he wouldnt have actually done it knowing vegeta was right there embarassing him more. like wen he didnt go ussj2 till vegeta got knocked out fighting cell.

so its a possibility he couldve gone ssj2 but we'll never kno. i mean even tho he doesnt have the lightning around him in ep 179 he still does look like a ssj2. and i mean it looked like he had the strength of one wiping out the androids and cell wit ease. i mean i kno he trained in the hyperbolic time chamber which gave him alot of power but i mean still.
Only reason why Trunks was much improved was that he never received the kind of training which he got from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. From the special (History of Trunks); it did not look like he received any kind of training after Gohan died, since he could not beat the androids in either time lines until he trained with Vegeta in which was enough to compete with Cell who was way more powerful than the androids.

Even though he looks like a Super Saiyan 2, the fact still remains that Akira Toriyama's drawing style improved since we first met Trunks including that he states that he never looks back at what he previously drew.

Super Saiyan 2 is supposed to have lightning anyway, which I am pretty sure the majority speaks for itself. Every time Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta powered up to Super Saiyan 2, they ALWAYS had lightning sparks.

Best answers
yes true but i never really say he went ssj2 i was jus sayin that he had some resemblence of it i still think he was jus ssj but he jus looked alot like a ssj2 but like u said there were never any lightning sparks so its obvious he wasnt ssj2.

DMW

Best answers
Everyone who beleives Trunks can go ssj2,well not can but did please tell me when he did go.If you think he went ssj2 at one point of the show tell me or show me a screenie.Cuz if trunks went ssj2 why was everyone surprised when gohan did.Trunks doesnt wanna hurt his fathers pride but Im sure he would go ssj2 if he had no other choice.Im sure he would have gone USSJ if it was enuf to kill cell if nobody else on the planet could.Trunks would let everyone on earth die just so he can keep his father happy.He would do it and probably try to train with his dad or make him feel better somehow.Trunks may be able to go ssj2 but thats not the point.The point is that he didnt.People will beleive he cant just cuz he didnt do it.I dont think he could cuz after cell dies he didnt train at all.So how would he magically become ssj2.If he reached ssj2 then he would have done it before gohan.And that didnt happed cuz if he did then gohan wouldnt have reached that level when he did.

Best answers
DMW said:
Everyone who beleives Trunks can go ssj2,well not can but did please tell me when he did go.If you think he went ssj2 at one point of the show tell me or show me a screenie.Cuz if trunks went ssj2 why was everyone surprised when gohan did.Trunks doesnt wanna hurt his fathers pride but Im sure he would go ssj2 if he had no other choice.Im sure he would have gone USSJ if it was enuf to kill cell if nobody else on the planet could.Trunks would let everyone on earth die just so he can keep his father happy.He would do it and probably try to train with his dad or make him feel better somehow.Trunks may be able to go ssj2 but thats not the point.The point is that he didnt.People will beleive he cant just cuz he didnt do it.I dont think he could cuz after cell dies he didnt train at all.So how would he magically become ssj2.If he reached ssj2 then he would have done it before gohan.And that didnt happed cuz if he did then gohan wouldnt have reached that level when he did.
uh....OMG WERE HAVING TURKEY!!!!!!!

Please note no turkeys were actually harmed in this thread nore in my post

Thank,you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~`Orochi`~ said:
uh....OMG WERE HAVING TURKEY!!!!!!!

Please note no turkeys were actually harmed in this thread nore in my post

Thank,you
Uh... Spam?

Please note that you now have a warning. :warning:

Best answers
oh guys, u just dont get it do u???
It is as simple as that:
TRUNKS, VEGETA, GOKU would have NEVER gone ssj2 if they didnt watch gohan go ssj2.
As i said be4 sayajins can learn attacks easily and here is the proof:
Goten and trunks fused to gotenks and went ssj3 BECAUSE they saw GOKU doin it once. JUST ONCE. While our hero TRUNKS saw gohan doin it TWICE, once with cell and the other with bojack.
now how would he not turn ssj2?? ok when did he turn ssj2 in da show,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IN EPISODE 179 (free the future)
how did u know he was ssj2 not 1? Because he Erased the androids from the earth's surface with 1 kiblast for each and he did that to cell too. and besides, ssj 1 was gettin knocked out many times by the androids in the android saga and in the history of trunks.
and by the way, i totally disagree with dmw about that pride hurting stuff that vegeta can get. I mean if trunks really didnt want to hurt his fathers pride then y did he shoot a kiblast at his father??? huh?? i mean this all comes by simple logic.
TRUNKS CAN GO SSJ2. And the moderators of budokai are super careful and cannot i mean cannever make a mistake. So i am a 100% SURE that trunks went ssj2.
anymore questions?? i would love to answer.
OH almost forgot that lightin stuff is bull**** cuz trunks was ussj and made a lightning show (as cell said to trunks 'thank u for the lightnin show trunks')

Prince Of Pride

P
da real ssj is 100% right trunks has transformed to a ssj2 and theres a proof his muscles arent Xtra large like ussj and all the the sparks talk is mega crap!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Trunks was Super Saiyan 2 then you'd have to consider the following:

-He'd have blue lightning and sparks emitting from his aura. Again, he did not.
-He'd have had to have some sort of emotional surge to trigger the transformation. He did not.
-He wouldn't have been able to instantly transform into one, he'd have had a lengthy transformation sequence like Gohan did.
-Even if it wasn't the first time he went SSJ2, he wouldn't have been able to perfectly transform, which he did.

In episode 179, he was SSJ. Not USSJ, not SSJ2, regular SSJ.

DMW said:
If you think he went ssj2 at one point of the show...show me a screenie.
Seconded.

Best answers
how can trunks defeat the androids and cell in ssj1 form???????????!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
i dont get it!!!!
and how did his hair go more up (spiky) than ssj1???
and his speed was super as we can c when he evaded 18's kiblast so easily.
his power was unbelieavable...... which means that he was ssj2. as i said ssj1 can have sparks and lightning if he powered up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can trunks defeat the androids and cell in ssj1 form???????????!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
Maybe it had something to do with training in 10x Gravity for 2 years :S Also if you've seen History of Trunks you'd know Trunks could hold his own against the Androids if they attacked him one at a time, but seeing as they worked together they overpowered him.

and how did his hair go more up (spiky) than ssj1???
The artwork gets more detailed as the series progresses, and it's true for all characters.

e.g:

SSJ Goku

And for SSJ Trunks...

and his speed was super as we can c when he evaded 18's kiblast so easily.
his power was unbelieavable...... which means that he was ssj2.
Like I said, 2 years solid training in 10x gravity will do that to you.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Including Cell in the past was stronger since he absorbed the Androids. He could have defeated Cell if Vegeta was not his only obstacle.

his power was unbelieavable...... which means that he was ssj2. as i said ssj1 can have sparks and lightning if he powered up.
Yes. That is true that a SSJ can have lightning though you never see it being permanent. What about when Goku used Kaioken against Vegeta and was powering up? He had sparks, though this was way before he became a SSJ. The only instance I remember about SSJ's having sparks is:

Goku transforming into a SSJ to fight Pikon.
Gohan transforming into a SSJ to fight Dabura, Babidi, and Buu's egg (right before Buu was free).

They were not even SSJ's when you see the sparks.

Anyway, you make it seem like if you train you can not become stronger. Trunks had training like he never had before. Everyone in his timeline is dead so how could he know about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Better yet how could he have trained better if he was the only one left? Like Ravendust said, it was due to Trunks training in 10x's gravity which Trunks has NEVER done before. Including he trained for a year which was actually a day on the outside of the chamber and he trained with his father.

If you compare Trunks from when he was outside, to when he first left from the chamber, you will see a physical difference. His muscles are bigger, he is taller, etcetera. Vegeta even said that Trunks is as strong as he is when Vegeta was fighting Cell in his second form. And if that is true than Trunks could of destroyed Cell like Vegeta could of (if he did not let his pride get in the way like he did).

Heh, better yet, Trunks was stronger than Vegeta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom