Trunks: Was Ussj the end?

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks? ssj2?

lmao

Trunks never became ssj2, only Gohan did, yeah Goku and Vegeta did later but at the time only Gohan did.

Trunks his hair doesn't say anything, his hair went a little up, so what? an ascended saiyan also has his hair different then a normal SSJ, slightly more spikey, but not as much as with ssj2.

And don't forget, trunks had another hair cut then gohan did, gohan had LONG hair, and Trunks had rather short hair, so its normal that his hair went more up and spikey at ascended then gohan, heck, gohan never became ascended, he became 100% ssj, meaning he could be ssj while not in an extreme emotional state, he could even sleep for days with it, like it was nothing, and his hair was as the normal ssj.

And Trunks was stronger then Vegeta, and perhaps stronger then Cell at the time (cell improved in those 10 days of training/rest ALLOT), but made the mistake of the bulky muscles, not much speed compared to Vegeta.

Best answers
I think that they said trunks went SS2 during his fight with cell when he returned back to his time. Thats what it said in budokai or maybe it was even in the show i dont remember but im pretty sure it was in one of the budokai's so as far as they are concerned he did. There is no true answer no one knkows unless you ask the creator then he can decide. It's just like if some one said did pan go ss. no one knows, never will...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oy vay.

Look, first of all, to the people who ask "How could Trunks have beaten the Androids and Cell in the past so easily" the answer is simple. He could have already beaten them right when he was out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Cell Form 2 was FAR more than a match for any of the Androids (16, 17, 18). Trunks after the Chamber was FAR more than a match for Cell. Cell Form 2 couldn't even land a punch, he was nothing. So obviously if Trunks went back in time and had to fight the Androids and FIRST FORM Cell, he would have NO problems. And obviously since in his previous experience, the world was almost destroyed by *HESITATION* he wouldn't waste any time in blowing them to smithereens.

So, why did Trunks blast Vegeta? Because even though he didn't want to hurt his father's pride, his desire to save the world overcame it. So because Vegeta was stopping him he knocked him away so he could hopefully finish the job.

He also BLATANTLY states later on that he didn't go USSJ until he was totally alone with Perfect Cell because he didn't want to hurt his father's pride, because he thought he had reached the ultimate level and was beyond him; when in fact, and this is STATED: he had just as much power as Perfect Cell, but far less speed. And the reason Vegeta didn't have that power was because Vegeta saw the speed problem; but even so Vegeta couldn't raise himself high enough. So anyways, Trunks lost.

Now it's true Trunks sees Gohan go SSJ2, however the only time we ever see people "learning from looking" is with Trunks and Goten. And not only are they SPECIAL cases (they went SSJ at like the age of 5 from MINIMAL emotional trauma) but it was only done as they were Gotenks, a fused character.

BLUE lightning sparks are a characteristic of SSJ2. While I'm sure they occur on several other characters at several other times, it is never as reliable or as abundant as it is on a powered SSJ2; it just becomes obvious.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that they said trunks went SS2 during his fight with cell when he returned back to his time. Thats what it said in budokai or maybe it was even in the show i dont remember but im pretty sure it was in one of the budokai's so as far as they are concerned he did.
He was a regular SSJ then as well, Budokai makes loads of mistakes and I doubt any of the developers carry a genuine interest in the show.

There is no true answer no one knows unless you ask the creator then he can decide. It's just like if some one said did pan go ss. no one knows, never will...
Actually the answer to that is no as well, only males with Saiyan blood can go SSJ. Toriyama said so himself.

EDIT ftw:

Note: Even though Bulla is 1/2 saiyan, she never transforms into a super saiyan. Apparently, Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball, said in an interview that female saiyans lacked the ability to become super saiyan, though he did not specify why.
Source: http://www.absoluteanime.com/dragon_ball/bra.htm

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Actually the answer to that is no as well, only males with Saiyan blood can go SSJ. Toriyama said so himself.
I've seen most of his interviews, and I've never heard him say anything like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoops, got my wires crossed there.

In the Daizenshuu it states Pan wasn't able to go SSJ because her Saiyan blood was too diluted (1/4 Saiyan).

However, the Daizenshuu's were made before GT, the final episode of which shows Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr (both 1/16th Saiyan) fighting at the world martial arts tournament...as Super Saiyans. Which leaves us with a glaring plothole on GT's behalf.

Before GT was released over here, the FUNimation website had an interview with somebody from Toei, and when asked if we'd see Pan as a Super Saiyan, s/he said no because females with Saiyan blood cannot go Super Saiyan.

DMW

Best answers
i totally disagree with dmw about that pride hurting stuff that vegeta can get. I mean if trunks really didnt want to hurt his fathers pride then y did he shoot a kiblast at his father??? huh?? i mean this all comes by simple logic.v
Dude the key word was PRIDE.Hurting someones pride is different then hurting them phiscally.Besides he shot vegeta to prevent cell from becoming perfect.Trunks didnt want vegeta there when he went USSJ for a reason,if vegeta saw that everyone around him was growing stronger then him,even though he trains damn near all the time,he will probably give up.Like in Brolly's movie,(yea he fough eventually but it was to late and futile),if you worked your ass off and people around you are not even trying as hard as you to get as good as you try to get,you wouldnt start questioning things?You wuoldnt say,everyone is better then me and always will be so whats the point of even trying?Trunks probably though This would happen to vegeta,it may not have happended but he did tell krillin to take vegeta away while he powered up.He didnt want to hurt his fathers pride,if im not mistaken,he said the words it would hurt his pride,or somthing along those lines.Simply answer if he didnt care if vegeta saw his power,krillen would not have had to take him away.Besides the fact he didnt want vegeta to be a distraction in battle.Like i said before,if he acheived the level of ssj2 then show me a screenie.Even gogeta in movie 12 didnt reach SSJ2 like budokai said.

Best answers
yes DMW is right trunks never ever achieved ssj2 its a proven fact. there are some things showing that he was on his way to becoming one eventually but it never happened. Besides in the show Trunks said himself that the androids in his timeline were weaker then the ones in goku's timeline so trainin in the hyperbolic time chamber for a year straight can do that to u.

And also about the pride thing its also true that Trunks said while vegeta and cell were fighting that he wouldnt transform until vegeta got knocked unconsious. once he did get knocked unconsious he turned ussj/ussj2 then once again after vegeta got carried away. he said vegetas pride was too strong and he (vegeta) would rather lose then recieve help from anyone.

and of course usin budokai as a reference is not such a good idea considering all the mistakes they made in it

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DMW said:
Dude the key word was PRIDE.Hurting someones pride is different then hurting them phiscally.Besides he shot vegeta to prevent cell from becoming perfect.Trunks didnt want vegeta there when he went USSJ for a reason,if vegeta saw that everyone around him was growing stronger then him,even though he trains damn near all the time,he will probably give up.Like in Brolly's movie,(yea he fough eventually but it was to late and futile),if you worked your ass off and people around you are not even trying as hard as you to get as good as you try to get,you wouldnt start questioning things?You wuoldnt say,everyone is better then me and always will be so whats the point of even trying?Trunks probably though This would happen to vegeta,it may not have happended but he did tell krillin to take vegeta away while he powered up.He didnt want to hurt his fathers pride,if im not mistaken,he said the words it would hurt his pride,or somthing along those lines.Simply answer if he didnt care if vegeta saw his power,krillen would not have had to take him away.Besides the fact he didnt want vegeta to be a distraction in battle.Like i said before,if he acheived the level of ssj2 then show me a screenie.Even gogeta in movie 12 didnt reach SSJ2 like budokai said.
Threads two weeks or older are considered 'dead.' Please do not revive them by posting in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom