Trunks should get one more extra beam...

Best answers
Although most people now believe that Trunks is fine the way he is, I believe he should have one extra attack. Although the ESF team doesn't take ideas from the DBZ movies, I just wanted to suggest this any ways. In movie number 8(Brolly encounter 1), I found something very interesting. Gohan and Trunks both use Masenko. I thought it was pretty cool, and since Trunks is very weak in a PS, he should have something that can help him.

I know they wouldn't be able to find a sound byte of him doing it yet, but maybe in the English Dub he does say it, so it might be able to take the sound byte from there. It was just an idea, but it could work, Trunks should at least have something quick to charge up and able to go head to head with a Kamehameha or something like that. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks is not ment to have powerful beams he is more of a melee character. Adding a beam would make him a little over powered.

Best answers
I agree he is the melee character (hence the sword). Giving him another beam would make him pretty much God in battle cause he could blind you slice you then beam you....hmm good try but it would just make him too powerfull

If anything MAKE HIM FASTER FOR GODS SAKE

Best answers
He doesnt need more speed his sword makes up for that.

Best answers
I agree,BUT if he is MELEE CHARCHTER,they should add him normal melee,and his sword melee must stay.

Best answers
Abhorsen said:
He doesnt need more speed his sword makes up for that.
Not really. You have to get to the person before you can hack at them. The real reason they aren't giving him more speed would be to make his transformation take longer.. Which, in my humble opinion, it should.

If they moved the transformation PL up to ~1,500,000, and increased his speed so that he's about as fast as Gohan, or inbetween Gohan and Vegeta, Masenko wouldn't be needed, and people would have more reason to say he doesn't need it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah u can say he's a melee character, but he has ALL useless energy attacks, 1 good beam is all he needs and he wud perfect...... people say that he is a melee character but people tend to melee the same amount of time with trunks as any other character.

Best answers
He's got finish buster, which is pretty strong, and comes out of nowhere, and if fired at a strong blast, it may not win, enitrely, but it WOULD give trunks more time to charge and fire ANOTHER finish buster, so he really doesn't need a beam... Finish buster is already superior.

Best answers
Well, when Trunks powered up during the Cell Saga, he was alot stronger than the other Saiyans, but also slower.

Best answers
Erm.. Well, that wasn't the current subject, but...

First of all, you're talking USSJ, which would be his second transformation, which ESF is not up to yet, so your point is invalid.

Secondly, the Cell saga isn't much to go by, since Yamcha and a little 1,200 PL green man was faster than Trunks and Cell.

Best answers
Why not just wait for the new melee too come out, and have arguments like this then, when something productive might actually come out of it.. o_O

The reason Trunks is a little boring now is because melee is just swooping teleporting and hitting..
Perhaps Trunks will truly be a melee character when the actual melee finally comes out.. if melee is as advanced as people say it will be, you might not even need new attacks for Trunks...

But i do think that different player classes should mean different gameplay..
Not all characters should have the same advantages when it comes to attacks and stats.. especially when they have transformed! :warning:
That's one thing that could be improved in the future..

Orz

Best answers
I'm always dubious about ideas that involve adding power-struggling beams to Trunks or Frieza. To be honest this makes no sense at all to me. You have plenty of characters to power-struggle with, but should you ever want a different playing 'experience', then you still have the option of switching to Trunks/Frieza and playing the game differently. Suddenly facing off against beams becomes a different challenge, and this is is a positive thing.

By giving Trunks a power-struggling beam, you're trying to make him into an 'average jack-of-all-trades' character. That's not the direction you should be taking. While it may be sad if Trunks is your god and you've devoted your life to him and have him tattooed on your face, if you don't like not being able to power-struggle, you should simply choose a different character.

I like the option to play with Trunks or Frieza and be forced to avoid beams or distract them with ball attacks. I don't want that taken away to make Trunks/Frieza more generic.

Best answers
just give trunks some goddam coolaid and weed and he will rule everyone....yes im very tired

Best answers
:p

Charge Finishing Buster,fire.Move in for the kill

Kills low PL characters.Those around yours would go down in a hit or 2.High-PL characters 3 and above

He is supposed to be a melee character,not a jack of all trades.Use Goku,he's a better alternative than Trunks.

I'd rather use a Burning Attack anytime,because the characters need cons.No matter what,there should always be a flaw in every class/character in a game,that's the rules.

Having an ultimate character ruins gameplay.(because I noticed Masenko could've had it's damage buffed,since it kills more easily nowadays)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
trunks is a melee character

im so sick of seeing all these "TRUNKS NEEDS A BEAM!!" or "OMG TRUNKS NEEDS A BALL SO BADLY!!"

face it people he is a melee character not a beamer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom