Trunks Melee Idea

Best answers
How about when you press 1 Trunks will use his hands and when you press 1 again he will unsheath his sword. In that way there will be balance and he can use both his Hands and Sword for Melee and Advance Melee purposes.

Hands- No Speed Decrease w/ Less Damage
Sword- Speed Decrease w/High Damage

While Holding the sword you cannot do KI attacks but you can do stun attack like Davidskiwan's idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, but there has to be a disadvantage for the sword seeing as it does more damage and you can't block it. A cut in movement speed and only red arrows in adv melee should balance it just fine :yes:

Best answers
Yes you're right the decrease in speed and only red arrow keys in adv. melee will make it more balance. And it will give players an Option to choose if they want to punch or to slice their enemies with the sword.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well Unreal Tournament did it before YOU!

Seriously, regardless of who came up with it, it's a good idea. And with the first post craftily edited i'm now in 100% agreement of this idea.

Best answers
Sorry man I completly forgot about the topic. But it's really a good idea because players will have an option.

Thanks Ravendust.

Best answers
dont like it sorry. who wants to have the advantage of dropping their weapon and the disadvantage of becoming slower wen using it. idea is horrible because trunks is already slow as it is. wit that hed be even slower and harder to catch people.

no one wants a really slow person whos melee hurts more for the reason that how can u hurt someone if u cant catch em. 1.1 was the best for trunks sword melee because since he had a sword to use he was slow but to make up for it u couldnt block it and it cut people in half wen they were at 20% health.

in 1.2 he only uses it in adv melee and adv melee to be honest isnt the best way to kill someone. basic is better but the only way to use his sword is adv melee so its pretty much encouraging u to use it. and the fact still remains that hes still slow even tho he doesnt use his sword much.

its a better idea to make him have sword melee from the start instead of bein able to switch because 1) who wants to double tap 1 jus to become slower. 2) sword melee is wut makes trunks unique from all the other saiyans. basically wut they did to him in 1.2 is pretty much make him another goku vegeta and gohan except with different moves speed and hp and looks.

his sword should be able to be used at the start wit none of that switch to it bull****. it should be his regular basic melee wit no speed loss or none of that ****. trunks came out usin his sword in the series its only fair that he comes out swingin it in esf.

besides he wasnt much of a hand to hand combat type fighter till after his sword got broken. then he had no choice but to fight hand to hand.

but do as u will id rather jus see him start off slicing people rather then goin through the whole nine to lose speed and double tap buttons to get even slower

Best answers
I did not say in my suggestion that Trunks will lose his sword when he's hit. That's why he will lose some speed if you're using the sword because I'm not thinking one sided here.

And we don't really know if Trunks will be slow or fast in 1.3. And my suggestion doesn't include too much model change so the game will not be laggy even if it was included.

And changing from Hand to Sword is not that hard it's just like switching guns in CS, unless you're having trouble switching guns. But most of my friends playing into a Com Shop doesn't have any problems with that.

And besides it will look really odd if Trunks will only use sword in the game.

Best answers
What about melee with aura :idea: , and ofcourse with sword? :yes: or :no:

Edit

With aura you can attack abit faster and block faster. :shocked:

Best answers
X-boy said:
I did not say in my suggestion that Trunks will lose his sword when he's hit. That's why he will lose some speed if you're using the sword because I'm not thinking one sided here.

And we don't really know if Trunks will be slow or fast in 1.3. And my suggestion doesn't include too much model change so the game will not be laggy even if it was included.

And changing from Hand to Sword is not that hard it's just like switching guns in CS, unless you're having trouble switching guns. But most of my friends playing into a Com Shop doesn't have any problems with that.

And besides it will look really odd if Trunks will only use sword in the game.
wut the hell do u mean it would look weird if he only used his sword. thats all he did b4 it got broken lol. now about the losin the sword thing i was implying that to imkongkong's idea.

now as for ur swtichin sword and melee combat idea sometimes buttons dont respond wen u go in laggy servers thats y double tappin would be kinda dumb. plus no one wants to be slower just to hurt someone more if ur already slow. like if ur goku or vegetas speed then losin speed then it wouldnt really hurt as much, but trunks starts off wit 180 speed already. any slower then that would be unbearable.

i jus thitnk it would be best if he started out using his sword. i mean its the whole reason y everyone calls him the melee character. that i think is one of the biggest mistakes they made in 1.2 by akin his sword away from him.

Best answers
Trunks is next, and I’m sure many of you are wondering what I’m smoking putting him this far down. The most common misconception I hear people talking about is that “Trunks is THE melee character” because 1) he has a sword, or 2) he has no good beams, or 3) the sword gibs at 20% health. Pick him if you like number 3, but the other 2 reasons are not good reasons at all. Trunks has 180 speed, making him a slow character compared to the others. When he transforms, he is still slow at 250. However, Trunks has more health than Gohan or Krillin.
originally said by groovy

Best answers
thx thx clen u jus basically proved my point about this topic. hes slow and basically he sucks on esf the sword is realyl the only thing that really made him popular. now that its gone no one hardly uses him especially about the fact that hes slow too.

give him sword melee back and make him faster and i guarantee there would be alot more trunks users then now. makin him slower jus to use a sword he should already be using doesnt seem very logical. why have the penalty of more speed loss wen they should jus give the sword back like it should be

Best answers
We all know that Trunks is slow in 1.2.3 but we are not sure about 1.3. And You're not really thinking about balance are you Dark Trunks, You just want Trunks to be the strongest and most fastest character in the game if that's you're goal then it's really not gonna happen because it will affect the game balance.

And hell it would look real odd if he will use just his sword. I'm suggesting this to have balance so you would have an option if you want to use hands or sword.

And you're the only person I've ever heard that is having lag trouble on switching weapons, then that means when you play ESF 1.2.3 you are experiencing lag when switching kamehameha to gen beam. And you call double tapping dumb then if that's what you think then what about swooping you also double tap while doing that. If you're having that lag trouble while switching weapons then I guess you should upgrade your PC or change your Internet Connection.

Best answers
no actually i dont need to upgrade my pc because 1) i have one of the most expensive graphics cards out on the most and 2) i have a very powerful pc and 3) i have a high speed cable connection which is about 7mbs.

now wit all this my pc doesnt lag much but sometimes i do get unresponsive controls. that is annoying as ****. its not about the lag but sometimes it jus doesnt read wut ur doing.

furthermore i am not trying to make trunks a powerhouse or unstoppable im merely trying to make him balanced. he piccolo and gohan are the weakest characters in the game. actually if u wanna take it into consideration its him and piccolo because gohan is just as fast as goku and vegeta after trans.

trunks sucks. he has no good beams and no good blasts. hes supposed to be the melee character but hes too slow. he sucks after trans and the only advantage he has is the early trans which diminishes quickly wen everyone else does. the reason i request these things is not because i want him to be superpowerful and all that other stuff.

its because is esf as of now isnt balanced. u have ur strong characters then medium characters then weak characters. trunks is considered a weak character so i suggest these things to try to balance him. or at least if hes goin to be weak regardless at least make him more unique.

all i think is that he should equal oppurtunites just like everyone else. i mean its nuttin serious. but i jus think that him havin a sword is how it should be. he never really fought witout it till it got broke so u kno its nuttin major. x boy or x man wutever u wanna be called it seems like regardless of wut goes on me and u will always disagree. call it somthin of a rivalry.

Best answers
If you're PC and Internet Connection is not the problem, You say when you do something and your computer doesn't response maybe it's the keyboard because it happened to me too when I type the letter it won't appear because of the dust inside. Or maybe your Hard Drive is full of files if that's the problem then delete your unnecessary files or maybe your computer memory is low. Your computer spec is much better than mine but I have no problem other than that.

I'm not really against you man and I hope that you have no hard feelings about me because of the USSJ thread.

One of my favorite character is Trunks and I agree that Trunks Sucks and he need Speed and PS beam. My idea is for people to have an option whether they want to use hands or sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom