Trunks Art (multimedia)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks Art (mixed media)

I was just sketching in class today, and I thought this one was commin out good, so I outlined it and shaded it. I used no references

Best answers
nice job i cant draw for **** so thats like godly.. if your looking for anyone to CG it ill be glad to

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tacticz said:
nice job i cant draw for **** so thats like godly.. if your looking for anyone to CG it ill be glad to
Do your best please :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no references used? strange.. i strongly recognise the picture.. oh well..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dudeman said:
no references used? strange.. i strongly recognise the picture.. oh well..
search the net if you want, search a magazine... if it matters that much to you, I used no references. I even forgot his damn sword...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it might not be that you used references, but you did almost perfectly copy the pose+drawing style.. its exactly like the original DBZ pictures.

so i guess thats a + on drawing skill, im sure you practised alot to get this right.
but unfortunately, a big - on originality.. there isnt much creativity, try to develop your own style, it earns you much more respect and self-statisfaction in the end.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dudeman said:
it might not be that you used references, but you did almost perfectly copy the pose+drawing style.. its exactly like the original DBZ pictures.

so i guess thats a + on drawing skill, im sure you practised alot to get this right.
but unfortunately, a big - on originality.. there isnt much creativity, try to develop your own style, it earns you much more respect and self-statisfaction in the end.
Isnt it your own style if you dont copy it from something? I did use my own style... I dont see very many toriyama drawings with mixed media like I did. I have a great style I feel. And thanks for the + on the drawing skill, I thought It came out good too. My teacher gave us a hand-out, and I flipped it over and starting drawing on the back.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
My teacher gave us a hand-out, and I flipped it over and starting drawing on the back.
That's why you can see words on the other side xD.

Pretty nice drawing for free sketch. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so what, he drew a scene from dbz? the point he was getting at was that he wasnt looking at a picture.

he cant help that its a good drawing.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
I dont see very many toriyama drawings with mixed media like I did. I have a great style I feel.
Mixed media?... mixed media... What the hell are you talking about?.. ><

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mixed media... marker outline w/ pencil shading. I like to do that all the time... I think its my style... I know alot of other people do it too, but w.e, I dont feel like explaining

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i mean by style is the way characters are shaped, or your typical way of camera viewpoints, or the way you do details.. etc.

what your doing is certainly not your own style.

the fact that you outline it makes it a little more interesting, but its far from compensating the lack of originality :s

in my opinion, that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, next time Ill put some crazy L.E.D's for the eyes and Ill cut the drawing into a big circle and glue it to a piece of green and orange styrofome... I really never asked how original it was. I didnt use refs, Im trying to stay true to the show... thanks. I have a pretty neat style. Sure I am no Diablos.. but a style is something you adopt over time.. so saying "- for style" and criting my work on it is pretty... wierd.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why do you even think he used a ref? he even forgot the 2 hair strands that are Supposed to be infront of trunk's forhead.

very nice drawing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
doodoo said:
you're posting your drawing....then you expect crits..god
now now champ... lets count down to 1. 3...2...1... Good, all calm? you'll notice that when people ask for crits, they (usually) say "c+c please" or "need some crits"
FOR EXAMPLE
or "what do you all think?"

I mean yes of course, It's nice to hear some compliments here and there... but commenting on my lack of style is just dumb. That would be like you taking a test in class and I am your jackass teacher who takes off points for neatness... Or.. Maybe I should start making fun of people's models for their lack of originality, I mean, how many Vegeta's do we have?

doodoo said:
you got a neat style of blabbering..
wtf... where do people like you come from? Keep it up, I'll flame ur ass via PM.

Best answers
lol, don't take that 'blabbering' thing too seriously..
but if you can't handle negative crits you shouldn't post your drawing.

wtf... where do people like you come from? Keep it up, I'll flame ur ass via PM.
c'mon, you're taking things too seriously. it's not my number one priority to offend you or something.
ah well.. flame me. i don't care. i just gave my opinion about your drawing and such.

Lets please try to keep the comments about his drawing, instead of trying to start trouble.
sorry lad, but like is said, don't take it seriously..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom