transformations, new characters, and krillin

Best answers
*WARNING -- LONG POST!!*

TRANSFORMATIONS
i was think that there arent enough transformations in dbz. i help make a mod too and i kno that the esf team probably already has transformations already planed out. i also kno that this has been suggested many times b4 but i feel like getin my opinion out there. heres a list of transformations for each character.

goku - kaioken, ssj, ssj2, ssj3
vegeta - rage, ssj, ultra ssj, majin
gohan - rage, ssj, ssj2, mystic (could change it around so he has mystic while hes still a kid so he doesnt age 7 years in 2 seconds)
trunks - ssj, ssj rage, ultra ssj, (cant think of ne more)
krillin - hes screwd.. he has no transformations to begin w/. he has no 'mystic' transformation at all... he just gets rogain... that reminds me, ill talk about that transformation later
cell - super cell, perfect, ultra perfect (cant think of ne more)
frieza - 2nd form, 3rd form, 50%, 100%
piccolo - after training gohan, after training w/ king kai, fused w/ nail, fused w/ kami
buu - evil buu, super buu, after absorbing piccolo gotenks and gohan, and kid buu

if i left ne out tell me. i obviously pulled some of these transformations outa my ass like trunk's ssj rage and piccolo's training gohan, but they r much more reasonable than krillin's transformation thats in esf. that brings me to my next point.

KRILLIN
i think that krillin should be removed entirely from the game. if u think about it, krillin is usless in every series in dbz. the only reason that hes in dbz is for comic relief, and esf isnt a comedy game. the most beneficial thing he ever does is die so that goku can go ssj... sugoi huh? he doesnt even really transform at all. the esf team pulled that one outa their ass lol.
im sure krillin will stay so heres my suggestion for his transformation. the closest thing to a transformation that he actualy has is in the frieza saga when guru unlocks his 'hidden power'. and a good suggestion has already been put in for that. i say that as a joke, a giant bottle of rogain (rogein for political reasons) pops out and pours on krillins head. then he grows hair and is transformed. (or we could just take him out of esf)

OTHER CHARACTERS
i posted about this b4. the good/evil character ratio is pretty uneven. 6 good vs. 3 bad. how bout we add in someone bad? the only suitibal character to add that i can think of (from a developers view point) would be brolly. but ive seen wut kind of reply that suggestion seems to get and ill just let that one go. besides that and maybe kooler (another movie character so he couldnt POSSIBLY be put in) i cant think of ne evil characters that would work in-game. every1 else doesnt have enough, if any, transformations. the only 1 that does is andriod 17 but he doesnt transform untill GT. id like to hear ppl's oppinions. but plz think about and expliain how the character would work. they would need several/real transformations.

those r my suggestions for now. for ne1 who actualy read all of this, im impressed.

Best answers
1st : actualy, freeza have 4 transformation
2nd : I think they shouldn't put too much trans because ,for exemple, a ppl that enter a game will start againt a transX4 freeza ... he will get his ass kicked realy hard ...
3rd : I have never realy thinking about it, but, it could be a good idea to completly remove in future version because he don't have much transform, he will be soon unbalanced ...
4th : I don't have idea for future character, but don't put the android ... they are like krillin, they dont have trans, so, they become soon useless ...

thats all

Best answers
Add Dabura, Supreme Kai...
there are chars to add, and android 16 too (the giant one)... u could add too android 17 (not 18, coz she doens't do ANYTHING in the dbz series... ANYTHING, just fight in that crappy tournament against Mr Satan..), Ten Shin Han... I think supreme kai would rule, with his " eye attack"....
Krillin shoudl stay

Best answers
to zodiac...
i put 4 transformations for frieza. and now that i think about it, there shouldnt be 4 transformations. at most there should be 3. with 4, new ppl to the server would get ownd.. only for a lil bit tho cuz they would power up from dying. the main reason is that the server would have to be up (and on the same map) for well over an hour to actualy transform 4 times hehe. many ppl have trouble w/ 1 transformation on the higher level characters. i said that he would be the closest to working in the game, but i said that he wouldnt work.

to bmajor...
i asked to think about the characters that u suggested =P. dabura has NO transformations, supreme kai only has fusion and doesnt fight at all, 16 doesnt transform, tien doesnt transform and is weak for that matter, and 17 doesnt transform either (in dbz). krillin is weak/usless/doesnt transform/will be completly unbalanced due to lack of transformations... unless they r going to make up more fake transformations for him.

Best answers
to zodiac fighter, Freezers last transformation shouldnt be stronger than gokus ssj transformation, think about the dbz episodes, freezer 100% vs goku ssj = freezer got is ass beat by a monkey, so freezer should be able to transform alkot and it shouldnt be a too "big" transformation.

I actually signed up on the board 4 dis one wooz :p

Best answers
cooler perhaps? he has transformation, only 1 i know, but hey: it's better than nothing right?

Best answers
yeah, hes got more than 1 too. he has 4 different forms. its normal, transformed in the first movie, meta cooler, and then that super robot at the end of the meta cooler movie. the only problem w/ him is that he was only in movies. and thats the only reason they wont add broly =/

Best answers
Why should Krillin stay in ESF? Simple. He's a good character. Oh, sure, in the cartoon he's a big time loser; but he has good attacks. He plays well, and is probably one of the fairest charascters in there.

What's the hang up over the fact that Krillin has a tranformation? Gameplay wise, it works, and it works well.

Chances are he'd be replaced with another saiyan anyway. Bleh.

---

I'm going to second Dabura. He has a fair amount of moves, as well as his sword (and therefore evil counterpart to Trunks). As for his transformation, just have it when he glowed red. "Powered Up Dabura". Have Dabura at Piccolo's current stats, and boost Piccolo's speed by 20.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All the transformations that characters had in DBZ will eventually be included in ESF. And with more transformations comes more attacks and even more characters will be added. The only characters that will be considered for adding will be from Dragonball Z the series and not DBGT or any movies.

Best answers
to mystic snidley...
y would krillin be removed? he will be very unbalanced. hes fine now, but wut about when every1 else gets to have atleast 3 transformations? every1 will have over 3 times the pl than u, and they will be moving much faster.
the 'hang up' that krillin has a transformation? well, its not real... y cant they add in ssj5 or ssj6? b/c its not real. if krillin is alowed to have a fake transformation then y not add mr. satan and have him go super satan? its the principal of continuancy... btw.. is there another saiyan that could replace krillin? i thought they used all of them up (besides raditz/napa/bardock who all dont have transformations).
the reason that dabura wouldnt work (again) is that he doesnt have ne transformations. if they put in that 'powered-up Dabura' then hed be the same as krillin. once all characters have other transformations hed be left behind too.

to evil_trunks... (if that was directed to me)
i kno that the movie characters and ppl from gt wont be in the game. i have been explaining that they wouldnt be in the game in most of my posts.

1 more time.. ppl, think about who u r going to suggest in ur post. ask urself if they have enough attacks AND transformations. w/o both, the character wont work as far as balance goes.

also, it probably doesnt seem like it from my posts, but i appreciate everyones reply. thnx

Best answers
I don't have a problem with the devs adding characters like Tien, Dabura etc and just making up some transformations for them e.g. Tien Level 1, Level 2 and so on.

It would be boring if you only cut the character list down to those who actually have powerful transformations on the show, because it diminishes a whole load of interesting and popular characters.

Woozy, they don't have to adhere strictly to the 'reality' of the series. This is a game, after all, and concessions can be made to enhance gameplay. So what if Krillen has a transformation? Within the confines of the game system it works extremely well, and I don't see why they shouldn't add more characters based on the same principle.

Personally I would like to see:
Tien
Androids 16-18
Dabura

Best answers
Originally posted by wOoOzZy
y would krillin be removed? he will be very unbalanced. hes fine now, but wut about when every1 else gets to have atleast 3 transformations? every1 will have over 3 times the pl than u, and they will be moving much faster.
This is a legitimate concern. I would guess the answer is that he will be tweaked so that he remains fair; I'm guessing he'll get a higher multiplier (x4? x6?), but will take longer to transform (pl 5 mill or more required?). As it is, he seems ready to deal with an ssj2; however, I reckon he'll end up inferior when the other characters get their final transformations. So, you take Krillin for a strong mid game, the same way you take Trunks for a strong early game.

the 'hang up' that krillin has a transformation? well, its not real... y cant they add in ssj5 or ssj6? b/c its not real. if krillin is alowed to have a fake transformation then y not add mr. satan and have him go super satan? its the principal of continuancy... btw.. is there another saiyan that could replace krillin? i thought they used all of them up (besides raditz/napa/bardock who all dont have transformations).
What's stopping them adding in ssj5 or ssj6? The answer is: nothing is. They could put that in if they felt like it. It's their game. Why not add in Mr.Satan? They could, but the major difference between Krillin and Mr.Satan is that Krillin does have a move list. He does use kame, destructo discs and solar flare. Mr.Satan would just have "ineffective punch". :laff:

the reason that dabura wouldnt work (again) is that he doesnt have ne transformations. if they put in that 'powered-up Dabura' then hed be the same as krillin. once all characters have other transformations hed be left behind too.
1 more time.. ppl, think about who u r going to suggest in ur post. ask urself if they have enough attacks AND transformations. w/o both, the character wont work as far as balance goes.
See above. If a character has the moves, then there's no reason their transformation can't be "Powered Up [Character Name]". (That's what Piccolo's second form is currently called, by the way: not "Piccolo/Nail", but "Powered Up Piccolo".) If the character has a change of clothes for his transformation, then so much the better. Dabura has the moves: he has flame breath, ki slice, summon sword/spear, petrifying spit, intangibility. So does Tien; he can copy moves with his third eye (that could be very interesting), kame, tri-beam, solar flare and a few others I can't recall the names of.

Best answers
i c ur point. i guess it doesnt really matter to me that much. i dont really play w/ krillin so it seems like its stupid to have a fake trans. so if i did like krillin then im sure i would think the same way as u. and as far as moves go, i agree, dabura and tien would make great characters.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm... nowhere in ESF do i see ONLY DBZ CHARACTERS ALLOWED written...?

Best answers
dude, its all over the place. look for ne thread w/ someone suggesting something w/ a GT influence. u will see that the devs that see the post have said that ESF will only be Z concepts. not GT or regular DB.

Best answers
I think they also said they're not going to use anything from DBZ movies, so no Brolly :(

Best answers
yeah i kno. they could always change it tho so be optimistic. if u look at it from a gameplay view, brolly would be the most suitibal character to be added in esf. hes got the range of attacks by far and has 3 transformations (if u count 'rage' and 'legendary ssj' as a trans). it would be great to have him in but no movie characters so probably no brolly.

Best answers
I think a new character that could be included for the bad guys is android 20 (Dr. Gero). Dr. Gero could have an absorb energy beam thing. When he absorbs, his ki could go up. That could be his substitution for having no transformation.

Best answers
I really do not see where no transformations for a character would be a problem. There are plenty of ways to balance a character. Like make it so there PL grows faster than the other characters and his speed goes up with his PL (Now that could get tricky till you get the right formula. Like every 10,000 pl his speed would increase like by 10%.), so really transformations wouldn't really matter if you can think of other creative ways to balance out a character.

tog

Best answers
Well If you have noticed... :D ....The esf sounds were either ripped from dragonball itself or the games like "Dragonball Z Ultimate 22" Also here are a list of charactors you could have:
Goku
Gohan
Goten
Trunks
Gotrunks or Gotenks (depending on ocean or funamation dub)
Piccolo
Krillen
Ten chan han (oh come on..The guy with three eyes remember!!!)
Chou su (His Litl' buddy)
Great saiyanman/woman
Kaiohshin (The young Grand kai)
Vegeta
Zarbon (i always loved his name..didn't you)
Likum (Red, small headed ginu man)
Captain Ginu (the purple one)
Freeza
The androids (maybe)
Cell
Dabura (was he ***?)
Buu (fat super and kid)
Mr Satan (Hercule)
Master Roshi (the turtle guy)
raditz
napa
bardock
Pan

Also People if you want non Dragon ball charactors in esf i suggest ....PLAY A DIFFERENT FCUKING MOD!
and i hate people saying things like add in ssj 6 goku and stuff....If akira toriama wanted SSJ6 he'd had put it in but he didn't
I agree with people that if the esf team are good enough to work on and improve the halflife engine more than any other mod they can find a way to ballence it out..These forums were made to we could put forward our ideas for esf to have it made in our image and when i thread like this is started it is not to bicth about the problem but to solve it

--Also to the creator of this thread , my advice is to read a few Dragon ball comics....krillen was as strong ...if not stronger than goku...after the freeza saga the sayians took over (also akira toriama wanted to end DBZ at the big symbolistic battle, Where the greatest good in the universe defeated the greatest evil but at the cost of his own life)

Anyone that reads this...Akira toriami did the artwork for one of the first Playstation fighting games ever...Named Tobal no#1
if you see it in shops my advice is to buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom