Training to get better

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am at this stage at the moment were I can't seem to get any better. Playing against bots isn't helping even the ultra guy that has a 25mill start off is too predictable.
I play online mostly, but I can't get any better playing against n00b's who kick you off their server because you can beat them. There are a few people that are out there that are alot better than me. I love playing against these people but I can't seem to be able to beat them at all. Is there a way of getting passed this "line" that I am at??

What do you guys do to get better?
Has anybody been in this position before?
What would you recommend I do to get better?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after some stuff happened (i don't want to harp on about it though) i became a little crapper and i sorta find it hard to improve. my suggestion thought is i see in your play that you don't use a technique i found handy a while back (swoop freefalling) practice it and you will notice it's good for manovering around.

Some people i played agaiants could get around my block easily , they must have a pretty good mouse or something , my mouse at high speeds still doesn't give me that much of an angeling edge (stuff that was shown in chakra's guide in the lev3 part i find hard to do , like the angeling insta punch).

also sometimes just stand still and use someone's swoop progress tyo your advantage (this might only work sometimes thou , but if they stopp then you just hit them , they might run out of ki to if they end up stopping then you just 1.1 punch them away ^_^)

btw , you know me , i just changed my name

Best answers
yea im also kinda at this bump in the road too. i try and try and try and take soo many ass whippins from soo many other really good players (who in turn act real ****y and such cus they are better then u). im sure i have all basics and stuff down etc etc but just cant seem to get any better regardless of wut i do.

i fight 3 on 1 best bots everyday, fight a ultimate bot everyday, go online and find pros who are way better then me everyday and still dont see any improvement. and wut makes me mad is if i go in a room wit a bunch of people and get a really good score people will say things like good score etc etc but to me it doesnt mean anything cus im not really playin on a level to be proud of.

and wut really pisses me off is im on esf constantly everyday playin for hrs and some of these people dont play nowhere near as much as i do and beat my ass wit ease. thats the type of **** thatll make u go crazy and stragiht kill a mutha****a.

but anyway id also like to kno somthin to get over this dumb ass hump as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep raising your mouse sensitivity and practice with it. I'm at 15 now and it helps massively when swooping for basic melee as you can do 180 turns in no time at all.

Or try fighting 2v1 bots, as that'll be much harder if the bots are of good difficulty. Aside from that i'm afraid I can just say practice.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
RandyHobo said:
my suggestion thought is i see in your play that you don't use a technique i found handy a while back (swoop freefalling) practice it and you will notice it's good for manovering around.
btw , you know me , i just changed my name
o_O I know you? you must be mistaken I don't have any friend's :D

Anyway I already know about the freefalling, but I only tend to do that when I play serious and I am up against good people :smile:
If you haven't seen me use it then... um.. well hehe

Ravendust said:
Keep raising your mouse sensitivity and practice with it. I'm at 15 now and it helps massively when swooping for basic melee as you can do 180 turns in no time at all.
Mmm cheers man, I will have a look into that, come to think about it, that may explain why some of the good players I play against have a little bit of edge on me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenDust said:
:eek: RandyHobo = Saiyan_Overlord :eek:
you do know me :p

i'm still perfecting it a little , doing freefalling (whether it bee from swoop or from the sky itself doing anything with a teleport i find useful) but the only problem is i can't delvelop it enough for good play since i only got bots to play against and i have to play at a net cafe with ever-changing ping (i guess that is what prevents me from getting better , ping) but that problem should be fixed soon as i am applying for dsl tomorrow

i would try fighting two real hard ultra bots atm for you to gain up your skill

Best answers
Play duels against people who actually know how to play.

Public doesn't mean jack.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically what Ravendust said, raise your mouse sensitivity, get used to that, and try a higher one again, until you find the one that thelps you the most.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Learn from your mistakes, observe the enemy, listen to his moves, and try to become swifter in your actions.

..I suck ass at ESF, but these tips have helped me come far in little time. Online play is best, bots are too predictable.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Play at higher pings 90% of the time like 150 and higher, in servers where the good players go. It quickens your reactions, you'll notice a huge difference when u go back to pings of 30-50, well, thats what i do >_>..... but yar bots can be fun to practice with, but as stated bots are too predictable after a while.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go to the Z server, if it's still up. You'll get owned >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't find getting owned helps much. I got absolutley raped in an ESF World server, two basic melee hits, kiblob, and then the second I got up again he had timed it to be right there to do the same combo again the second I was 'available' :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, by what i said, i ment that if you fight people better then you, you can learn things from them, that's how i got good at esf. I just fought a bunch of guys better then me, and basically copied their techniques.

Also try lowering your FPS. If you have constant 100, drop them to like 40-50. Practice that for like 30 mintues, go back to 100 and you'll be like "whoa, i have so much more control, and can see so much better"

also, try beating Sarutobi Sensei, if you can do that, then you get the honor and privilage of calling yourself the best in esf. :) (good luck with that >.>)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Guy's playing at high pings, lowering you're fps it all good, but it doesn't really get you better. Joining the Z server and getting raped? I will give it ago but if my ping is like 500 then I can't go in there expecting to be able to stand a chance against n e 1 and improving my skills.
This game comes down to reaction time and speed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well you should be able to think on your feet i.e. sometimes its good to get hit just to get that extra second or two of recharging, or when you know you and your opponent are gonna knock each other back with basic melee, you can make it so that you make them hit a wall or the ground so you get two hits and he gets only one

i wouldnt worry about mouse sensitivity just yet i only use 3 or 4 and i beat most of the people i fight when you get better at a low sensitivity THEN i would start slowly raising it

nge

Best answers
If you want a recommendation on sensitivity, try to keep it moderate. I see these people with crazy high sens (200 no joke) and I can't help but think- your close range game is going to be garbage, and any pot shots or distance hits you're going for is also going to be garbage. Keep it at a level so you can turn around comfortable, but so you're also turning at about swoop speed at a close range. Tracking your target is way more important than flying around with no precision control.

This game, like all First Person Shooter computer games, will only let you get as good as your computer. You could be gods gift to gaming, but if you're getting 7 FPS you're going to lose to some guy with 100 who only uses ki blasts and teleport.

Best answers
you cant be teh best if you play with honor the'll always get you with gen balls when swooping at them and ki blobs when u get stuck on the ground.
So think they need to add blocking while swooping because I feel really bad if I hit someone with a beam in a melee fight

but yea go to a server with 100+ ping and do adv. melee combos that will really help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually about to post that (first part). Ki Blobbing/Laser when they're down is great for extra damage. Of course they'll hate you, but everyone does it.

"The Dark Side of ESF is a pathway to many abilities some consider...cheap."

Best answers
You could always face me...i can give you new ways at how cheap a person can be

Best answers
lol everyone knos about u saru and how u play ive experienced it first hand. but takin ass whippins all the time doesnt make u better to me anyway honestly wen gettin ur ass whipped all the time makes u not wanna play anymore. its just annoying wen ur tryin as hard as u can and the person ur fightin is jus toyin wit u.

thats the type of **** thatll make someone go into a rage and break somthin ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom