To install ESF, Can I use Half Life Source?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, sorry. You'll need the retail version of HL1 or CS 1.6. :3

Please not that, even though you can download CS 1.6 if you have the CS Condition Zero pack, this will not work for ESF, because it doesn't download some of the files ESF needs.

You can also purchase a CD key via Steam. They're really cheap, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Even so, HL itself should be real cheap in stores too.

Best answers
well then could I install my friends HL1 GOTY Edition and would it work with that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
crodplaya said:
well then could I install my friends HL1 GOTY Edition and would it work with that?
Is it original HL or is it something that came with CZ/CS:S? It has to be the original retail, as in HL1, Counter-strike Retail (the one you bought off the shelf), and it might even come with the 5 games (Half-life, Blue shift, Opposing forces... etc.)

Just sue that :)

Also, if your gonna use your friends, I dont think you can register it because he might of registered it with steam, and I think steam doesnt let you register the same product twice. Just buy the game, its really cheap.

Best answers
I don't think he even has it INSTALLED on his PC right now..let alone have it on steam..I'll have to check w/ him on that

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well youll have to talk with your friend about that.

@Kaination You know you cant get Half life with Condition Zero in 1 pacage >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom