Time Limits for Overpowered Beams

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're obviously a beam spammer o.0.

Anywho, SSJ Goku shoots a kame, I shoot a big bang. I charge, I shoot another one. Rinse and repeat. So basically, I kill goku and everyone else in the immediate area because I was able to shoot big bangs one after the other. If anything you should want the time limit more than stamina. How can you spam beams if they are barely doing any damage and it takes forever to charge up a beam after you've just fired one?

Best answers
Hmm lets see im a beam spammer eh? No, im a meller, but im going against this idea...let me say this AGAIN. Exactly what your saying.."i shoot big bang goku shoots kahme i spam big bang" YOUR the beam spammer. But youll loose ki and revert, and then goku can push the beam back. With this in play vegeta shoots big bang, cant spam it, goku begins winning, so vegeta uses ff...goku cant get outta the pl, hes got 2 beams+a turboed player, against him....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wth are you talking about....

Why would Vegeta run out of ki? Too dumb to charge? The point isnt who would win in a ps (which I rarely see nowadays. It mostly happens by accident unless you're on a beam only server). The point is someone can nuke a map simply by firing his most powerful attack, charging, and firing again. There is nothing to stop that person from spamming.

Since stamina will take the place of a delay, theres really no point in dragging out this arguement.

nge

Best answers
Recharging is cheating, zeo. I'mma ban you soon from my server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, I gotta point out, I absolutely hate the idea of a 20-30 second wait, but a 2-5 second wait might just be the right cup of tea.

I mean, to prevent someone from spamming, have a... I dont know, a 3 second wait, DEFINATLY not 30 seconds.

Best answers
I don't like the ideas of time limits. If they have enough ki to pull off a move they should be able to do it as much as they want. I know all the beam spammers can be annoying but it's just going to be real wierd if you start putting delays on stuff. It would be like limiting swooping so if you swoop once and stop you'd have to wait 5 seconds before you could start again.

zAS

Best answers
i was actually going to say "hey, that's a pretty good idea", but something just came to me. In a battle, did Goku ever look at his Casio to see how long he could throw another Kame? I think the KI bar takes over this matter quite well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Mercenary: How smart do you have to be to shoot scatterbeam or spam an area with kame?

@ zAS: How often did Goku shoot a kame 5 times in a row? The ki bar is what makes beams an extremely spammable move.

zAS

Best answers
How often did Goku shoot a kame 5 times in a row? The ki bar is what makes beams an extremely spammable move.
True, then a Kame should take much more KI away (say 90%).

Best answers
Let me see, since when did goku shoot two beams in a row...i STILL havnt got my point through...goku fights vegeta, both are ss, vegeta shoots big bang, goku shoot kahme, the kahme wins quickly, goku cant shoot his kahme nemore..(his strongest ki ability) vegetas charged and has fully powered ff. "boom" gokus dead.....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your situation still just goes to show that beam spamming is ghey o_O. If you can fire a Big Bang and IMMEDIATELY follow it with his most powerful attack, then spamming is bound to happen.

Best answers
Forget everything i said about being against this....i was being retarded without knowing it. Ok i'm all for this and all but theres ONE thing. ALL signature moves should take up atleast 70% of your ki, and then when your stamina is low, you slowly float to the ground (if your flying) and begin to pant. And this is a bit off this topic but, krillins scatter shot doesnt fit his ki, but everyone elses strong moves work.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
009 said:
its easy to avoid... ok a guy.. (vegeta) hids in corner (pl: 50mil) he charge final flash... all player fight in middel (esf_cell_games) he fire the beam... the smart player and pro notice the beam quick.. and as a smart player he know that he just have to go around a hill and he is out of the damage zone... its a bug but and its like take cover behind a hill.. even the small 4 thingys at each corner of the arena can protect you if you stand the right place... its real easy.... beam spamming is not a problem i think... even that he can blow all in map.. take cover behind hill and you safe.. go in a meele fight and you are safe... its so easy... and normaly ppl go after the spammer after so he dont do it again.... then he learned his lesson.... but some beam spammers can be hard to cath if they do beam jump thingy all the time -.-''
I agree whit 009 he is right if u r a god player u can douge evry beam just thing in the game (i must play whit 009 ) :D and thea beams r not spamabal u got to wait to preaper a beam like a kamehameha u got to wait like 6 seconds adn thean fire

Best answers
adding a time limit would just make the game more hide and seek coz after a beam is shot they'd probably just hide and wait for those 10 sec(spammers). not to mention that you can beat a khh with bb attack so if time limit is added that would be gone too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the time limit thing, because say now you do kamehameha and miss then you have to wait then you can be generic beamed and can't do your kamehameha back so then that's unfair....

Best answers
well if ur a pure melee fighter then missin a kame attempt shouldnt bother u. honestly i dont see why so many people disagree wit this idea. its a pretty good idea wen u come to think of it any alot of people who disagree obviously must like to shoot big beams and blasts and i dont think the team intended it to be this way.

i was thinkin tho that maybe they should have a ki/stamina bar mixed together somewhat. maybe make the ki pool alot bigger perhaps for everyone and have simple things like swooping, generic beams teleports and such have their ki reduced a bit then if u wanna do a big blast or beam thas fine but it takes about 85% of ur ki bar in the process. But so people wont constantly charge and spam make the ki bar refill alot slower so in turn forcing people to use melee rather then spam beams contstantly.

i mean to be honest recharging ur ki bar doesnt take very long which is right up a spammers alley but if u make the ki recharge longer and maker everything else have less ki usuage u basically make it just about even for both sides. most of the time in the series wen they used a big attack it usually was a desperation move or finishing move. same rules could apply here.

sure u can use a big move but youve got the added risk which i think would really stop spammin altogether.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is the foundation of DBZ combat. They rarely used giant beams.

Melee = unspammable

Best answers
melee is unspammable??? so... you're probably happy when the second you transform... the exact same second you get knocked down :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom