• Buddied with Chiaotzu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddied with Yamcha and Chiaotzu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree partially with Logan, the outline is too much like Krillin, I say change his starting pl to 800,000 but leave his trans pl the same, (transing too early will overpower him) and depending on what the team have planned for other pl's will effect the trans multiplier so 2-3x is probably not far off.

Otherwise good job guys!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
I agree partially with Logan, the outline is too much like Krillin, I say change his starting pl to 800,000 but leave his trans pl the same, (transing too early will overpower him) and depending on what the team have planned for other pl's will effect the trans multiplier so 2-3x is probably not far off.

Otherwise good job guys!
overpowering him wouldn't be an issue considering he only transforms once like krillin, but he doesn't have a perma-trans either, making Krillin stronger in the end. Tien just needs a way to contend with the other transformations from the start without being just another Krillin. Hence I suggested a higher starting pl, lower trans pl, and higher HP, but lower speed. Also the fact that perma-trans is off helps balance him.

Best answers
so third eye is kinda like.. when (example) frieza shoots a deathball ad you , you quikly select your third eye.. press mouse button 1.. the deathball stops(?) their comes a struggle.. if you win the ball will continue moving you will automaticly deflect it and you have gained the deathball move? and your third eye move is gone , and as soon as you die you lost your deathball move and have your third eye move again? (i hope i have it right.. becaus it will be cool this way:p)

for the transformation.. i would prefer have him buddied with yamcha.. and with yamcha only.. becaus that chaozu suks:p
and for that form with the 4 arms.. hmm wouldn't that be a nice combo for him in adv melee? that he gets some kind of harder combo (with more buttons maby like 5 different directions) and when that one is succesfull he'll grow 2 arms and use that to punch also?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NLGeert said:
so third eye is kinda like.. when (example) frieza shoots a deathball ad you , you quikly select your third eye.. press mouse button 1.. the deathball stops(?) their comes a struggle.. if you win the ball will continue moving you will automaticly deflect it and you have gained the deathball move? and your third eye move is gone , and as soon as you die you lost your deathball move and have your third eye move again? (i hope i have it right.. becaus it will be cool this way:p)

for the transformation.. i would prefer have him buddied with yamcha.. and with yamcha only.. becaus that chaozu suks:p
and for that form with the 4 arms.. hmm wouldn't that be a nice combo for him in adv melee? that he gets some kind of harder combo (with more buttons maby like 5 different directions) and when that one is succesfull he'll grow 2 arms and use that to punch also?
Third eye will act like any normal block struggle. the only difference is...rather than holding down the block button, you're holding down the attack button (when third eye is chosen). If you WIN the struggle (deflect it back like normal block struggles) then you learn the attack in place of third eye. Just try not to do that for attacks you already know (Tri-beam, dodon ray, and of course gen beams) ;)

so try and get the attack you want...and be careful not to die from the explosion if the opponent decides to self-detonate it before it hits you :laff:

And as for transformations...he will not have a buddy. He will have meditation as a transformation.

Best answers
I dont know if you guys are doing this, though in the cell saga when Tien used Tri cannon, he looked through his hands that showed a zoomed in imagine, - i THINK, its been a long time -. So, my idea is that in the corner, if possible, a small window showing a 200% zoomed in view of the target. (good for hitting enemies who are so far away, im sure you've all had problems hitting that guy against the sky who is sooo far away. the attack itself coudl be a very VERY fast wave like beam of energy that if hitting (without being blocked or whatever) knocks the opponent back hard and deals medium or so damage. should have small charge time, as used against cell.

i just think it would make him Truly unique and special (and dont bother buddying him, hes kick ass on his own, just have him power up, sure its boring, but its less work for one, and hey, your showing a tien who needs no damn help!) sorry if you guys have decided things about this already - i havnt read all too much on this thread, its just my 5 cents.

Best answers
I liek this guys idea ^^^ but with a minor detail change, possibly slow down tiens movment speed, and make him the sniper of the game you could say, hitting targets witha barrage of energy techinies... Also, he shouldnt have the third eye techinique to begind with that shoudl be his trans speceialty, so when he transes his third eye opens up and he can use it :D cool?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll agree with anything thery decide to put in, but as long as tri beam is zoomable, I'm happy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i doubt it will become zoomabe even if we want it like that.

Best answers
id rahter it just send u into a zoom, making it the most realistic it can be, and possibly they could make two types lol one being the constant beam like in cell saga and if uve seen Db the one he uses on goku which basicaly cut the areana out and made it go BOOOOM!!!! just a tot :D

Best answers
malrak_dossta said:
I dont know if you guys are doing this, though in the cell saga when Tien used Tri cannon, he looked through his hands that showed a zoomed in imagine, - i THINK, its been a long time -. So, my idea is that in the corner, if possible, a small window showing a 200% zoomed in view of the target. (good for hitting enemies who are so far away, im sure you've all had problems hitting that guy against the sky who is sooo far away. the attack itself coudl be a very VERY fast wave like beam of energy that if hitting (without being blocked or whatever) knocks the opponent back hard and deals medium or so damage. should have small charge time, as used against cell.

I love it! :laff:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ We still need to discuss Tien in a teammeeting. I'll bring it up this sunday. Personally, i really like the zoom idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
=/ We still need to discuss Tien in a teammeeting. I'll bring it up this sunday. Personally, i really like the zoom idea.
what we COULD do is make the primary fire the main, strong attack...and secondary fire does a slow rapid-fire like against cell. The tribeams will be weaker of course. MUCH weaker.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what we COULD do is make the primary fire the main, strong attack...and secondary fire does a slow rapid-fire like against cell
You mean cell form 2 or perfect cell?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Form 2. He was trying to keep Cell down the hole and kept hitting him with Tribeam blasts. The damage was minimal but the shots we're rapid, and it kept Cell at bay until Tien collapsed from exhaustion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who so far helped with tien?
i know its been, me, RavenDust, Logan, Eclipes, TekNik. i cant think of anyone else atm. if i forgot anyone post there names or post here saying you helped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Who so far helped with tien?
i know its been, me, RavenDust, Logan, Eclipes, TekNik. i cant think of anyone else atm. if i forgot anyone post there names or post here saying you helped.
I just hope someone is doing the animations. Not only does Tien need his own animations, but he needs an animation for every single blockable attack in the game. And thats gonna be a lot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Assuming Tien's using the same ESF skeleton as the other characters, the animations can just be imported/exported from those into Tien.

Best answers
Ive never done any work with Half-Life, i once made a map which was fun with the included on-disc program - i forget what thats called. but i decided against going on, that program doesnt seem very good at all, quite clumsy and base. anyways, if oyu guys know of better dev tools, maybe i could try helping with Tien, id love to give it a shot.

- Malrak

Best answers
i think tien should have zoom in view with tribeam like in the show

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom