Throwing the sword

Best answers
heres an idea i just thought up. as the secondary attack u could have it to where u chunk the sword at some1, and if they dont block it it's instant death. and u have to get ur sword back from the body be4 u can use ur sword again. what yall think?

Best answers
id have to say

NICENESS OF ALL NICENESS

whered u get that idea cuz i sure as hell like it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Pretty nice, but I think it would be unfair in a way because there would be no charge to it(hearing from your explanation) and when and there would be people losing their swords in unreachable placeso_o , Dragonballs get lost that way at times.

Best answers
well when i made the topic, i thought it up about 5 min from then.

and i think trunks kind of needs it being that he's not gonna get any faster after ssj. and the losing it part, that should just come with it, that'll teach u not to just throw it randomly.

*edit* it would prolly go slower than any ki attack in the game so u could prolly hear it comin and dodge be4 it gets to u.

Best answers
Heres an idea, instead of charging ki, you pull back and arch your arm to throw it (bringing up a stamina bar of some sort) The longer you hold it the faster and further it goes? Sound good?

Best answers
ok one this should be in suggestions

two, dont u think it would be cheap, people sneaking up behide and killing them, with out a fight, and also, there for its like a disk, and thre for the better/ cheaper then a disk, because u can fight with it also

not poo-pooing your idea, but people though knifes not swords, and does trunks do that in the show

Best answers
OK...how about this then...you throw the sword and it sticks into the person, creating about 30-50 Damage. As it sticks in the person, it slowly drains their hp. Maybe there could be someway to pull it out, but would require some sort of power struggle thing? Or...If you have enough hp, You automatically pull it out? Can this be coded in, or just another thought to be locked away in my noggin forever?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, here's an idea:

Too complicated, too much work, and too useless. How about we just hit people with the sword and not throw it at them? Yeah, that's a good idea. It would sure as hell take a lot of code, at the end result would be crap-tastic. Either an instagib that people would abuse in close up melee, by just chucking their sword instead of using regular melee, or a worthless attack that would almost always throw your sword out of the map, or just stick in your opponent while he comes swooping after you. Big whoop. Melee is going to be improved in 1.2; until then, don't worry about changing the mod around completely to let Trunks throw a damn sword. He doesn't do it on the show, so why should he do it in the game? He would probably have horrible aim anyhow, seeing as how he never trained with it.

Best answers
......o_O use ur head, if u were THAT strong u could throw a sword like a kife EZ. sneakin up behind? that isnt possible with a scouter. unless of course ur fighting some1 else, but ppl do that with melee all the time.:fight: and well, frieza doesnt use any discs till his last form but he does in this game. and goku can use instant transmission in his normal form but he can only do it in ssj in the game. and to even most of the cheapness out, if u just throw it and it misses and goes into the backround, its gone for good until u die. and if u miss from a distance and it hits and sticks into a wall, u gotta go find the frickin thing whitout help from the scouter while ur back is turned to ur enemies. its not cheap/better than a disc because it would require more strat to use it right. and adding the stamina bar like goten suggested would make it even harder to make "cheap". besides u can hear the damn thing swooshing through the air at u. it usually takes me like 4-5 tries with a frieza disc to get him cause he hears it comin and doges. with the penalties of just missing tho, i dont think the stamina bar would rally be needed.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use my head? What the hell... just because you can lift up a car doesn't mean you can throw a sword in a straight line. I can bench 180 and I can't get bullseyes on the dart board every time. Those darts don't weigh hardly anything, so by your logic I should be able to nail bullseyes from 50 yards.

Regardless, it would be a lot of code for something that never happened on the show. If I wanted to hit somebody with a projectile I'd fire off a finishing buster. It would be many times smarter to keep the sword equipped for melee anyway... throwing the sword suggests that you want your character to have a melee penalty, as though you aren't going to be using melee at all.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't like this idea, it would be just like Destructo Disc for trunks, which he really doesn't need.

This also belongs in the suggestion forum, please make your threads in the correct place.

And DBZ4_SEGA you need to remove your sig as it is not only too large, but also shows a bong and is inapropriate in these forums.

Best answers
*removes the sig that was made by the devil and will corrupt any kids mind in it's wake* :rolleyes:

i thought that was site suggestion so my bad there :p

and we've seen them throw like 3-4 ki balls a sec(throw, not point their hand and shoot) and hit their target(if hes not moving) every time. so i think they could throw a sword and hit their target pretty EZ. and quit *****in like its too much code for them to do. if they want to put something into the game they wont give a **** about the code. they're making this mod arnt they? that takes a LOT of code. but yeah.... i can already see some of the ways people would spam this and stuff. i was just trying to go for a little variety.

Mog

Best answers
good idea...
it'd be funny to throw it straight up in the air! or maybe if the sword span round and the handle end (or whatever its called) hit the enemy and knocked them out! :laff:

Best answers
This idea is useless. I am sick of ideas that people post just because they "sound cool". An idea is nothing unless it adds to your gameplay experience and throwing his swprds add so little to gameplay that its just useless to waste time coding and animating.

Best answers
Morrone, your totally right it is a useless idea, besides it being not a good idea, I don't remember him throwing his sword in the show...... but I could be wrong...... yeah, but trunks diff needs to have the burning attack turned in to a ball and the finishing buster turned in to a beam, and he need to get faster. And get more life, I mean the guy is always getting the **** bit out of him. So I think he should have a little more life when he transforms. But like I said the sword idea has to go.

Mog

Best answers
no, the sword idea is good... it could be like a disk attack where its a one hit kill. (altho in b1.1 disks are gonna be pretty damn hard to kill people with)
come on, trunks needs more attacks... hes worse than krillen at the moment :\

im not sure about gohan having a sword tho... sure he used one for a few episodes but goku used it too... why not give him one too?
if gohan gets a sword, i think he should only be able to use it when he transforms to mystic (altho he never used it as mystic) or maybe if esf make an adult gohan then he should get it.

Best answers
Yeah, but did he ever throw his sword, I mean like DBZ4_SEGA people would be spaming with it they would sneak up on you and kill you, just for kills. He does need more attacks but he has more attacks. Before they go giving him new attack they have to get the first ones right.

Mog

Best answers
???
spaming with a sword that can only be thrown once?
the player would have to go and retrieve it before throwing again...
also, it would take one hell of a lot of skill to sneak up on someone who should rarely be standing still and has a scouter that shows incoming enemies...
it would be near imposible to hit anyone with it... it would have to be a very accurately aimed throw too cos its not really wide like a dd or frieza disk.
also, like disk attacks it wouldn't affect people in a ps/bs.
i dont see how people are gonna be spamming with it! :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just pointless. Period. Trunks isn't worse than Krillin by any means. Not only does he transform early, but he has burning attack, which is the fastest charging medium damage beam in the game. Oh, and it blinds his opponents. Come on now, once he gets the increase to melee damage he'll be more than formidable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom