This sucks a lot.. :( wii sold out!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I've been in over 8 shops yesterday, and to over 5 online shops and all wii's are sold out! This is not normal, it seems the wii is way more popular than almost any console.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I've been in over 8 shops yesterday, and to over 5 online shops and all wii's are sold out! This is not normal, it seems the wii is way more popular than almost any console.
Rofl!

I was looking for it too. was sold out. bought a xbox360 instead.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably a post-xmas drought. You should ask when their next shipment comes in.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, there is a shortage of Wiis all over...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O

That's weird, I think they weren't that rare in this part of the country. You live in the Eastern side too, right Sky?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
o_O

That's weird, I think they weren't that rare in this part of the country. You live in the Eastern side too, right Sky?
North ^_^ ....... (stupid 10 char limit)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to be lucky, and persistant. I found my Wii at Target just as they were putting them on the shelf. By the end of my shopping trip, they were all gone.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you wait some months ^^. You can get in an different color.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xD Isn't it ridiculous that the Wii is still sold out even after more than a year after its release?

I personally think that Nintendo is keeping supply lower than they actually can, to artificially drive up demand. ;o The less there is of something, the more effort people will make to try to get one.

I hope you can get one soon. :3 The Wii is a lot of fun, I think, especially when playing with others, and if you like Nintendo games. :3

Third party support is ramping up though. Right now there's a lot of crap for the system, but there will be better titles out from third parties soon enough. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check Toys R Us, they always have them.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xD Isn't it ridiculous that the Wii is still sold out even after more than a year after its release?

I personally think that Nintendo is keeping supply lower than they actually can, to artificially drive up demand. ;o The less there is of something, the more effort people will make to try to get one.
according to in internal memo, the 360 is still outselling the wii by a fairly huge margin, (and ps3 by a ****load) not sure if that is including the sales of games/accessories as well, but with that fact brought to light it seems stupid of nintendo to continue this tactic (if it is on purpose) for much longer.

im guessing nintendo isnt shipping enough out, or stores arent ordering enough, either way if nintendo wants to win this console "war" they need to think of some way to remedy the situation, they have alot of ground to make up.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
according to in internal memo, the 360 is still outselling the wii by a fairly huge margin, (and ps3 by a ****load) not sure if that is including the sales of games/accessories as well, but with that fact brought to light it seems stupid of nintendo to continue this tactic (if it is on purpose) for much longer.

im guessing nintendo isnt shipping enough out, or stores arent ordering enough, either way if nintendo wants to win this console "war" they need to think of some way to remedy the situation, they have alot of ground to make up.
Don't forget that the 360 was available a year before either of the other two consoles. With it being the only, then, "next-gen" console available at that time, it was bound to give Microsoft a decent start. I'm also of the mindset that, currently, they have the best selection of titles, offering a good bang for your buck.

As for Nintendo's tactic being stupid - whatever the case may be, I still hear at least a small handful of inquiries about when Wii's will be on the shelves again whenever I'm at a Future Shop, Best Buy, or the electronics section at a Wal-Mart. Creating a high demand is never a permanent solution, but I'm not going to fault Nintendo for using the strategy for as long as it's going to work; if that's what would make my product sell like hotcakes, I'd employ the same strategy.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Next month (end of this month) :(.
That's awful! I remember when I got mine (over a year ago) they were also sold out (week before xmas so what'd I expect :p) They told me to expect it 2-3 weeks later but surprise surprise, I got a call 2 days later they had received a shipment. So it doesn't hurt to put your name down (if you haven't already), you might be surprised

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget that the 360 was available a year before either of the other two consoles. With it being the only, then, "next-gen" console available at that time, it was bound to give Microsoft a decent start. I'm also of the mindset that, currently, they have the best selection of titles, offering a good bang for your buck.

As for Nintendo's tactic being stupid - whatever the case may be, I still hear at least a small handful of inquiries about when Wii's will be on the shelves again whenever I'm at a Future Shop, Best Buy, or the electronics section at a Wal-Mart. Creating a high demand is never a permanent solution, but I'm not going to fault Nintendo for using the strategy for as long as it's going to work; if that's what would make my product sell like hotcakes, I'd employ the same strategy.
Well nobody has to ask for a 360, there are usually enough of them on the store shelf to meet the demand, and not for the same reason there are alot of ps3s on shelves.

I have played a wii, it IS very fun, im not bashing the wii here, more or less nintendo itself on how they are handling it. They NEED to start pumping out more consoles/games. I can count all of the fun games for wii on one hand, and aside from SSB the list doesnt really get any bigger in the coming months.

wii sports however, I was actually going to buy a wii just for that XD.

btw i found the article i was looking for

"While final sales numbers are still being collected, consumers in North America have spent over $3.5 billion dollars on Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories. That’s $1 billion more than consumers spent on the Wii, and $2 billion more than the PS3. When December data is added, we expect Xbox 360 in 2007 to have generated more calendar year revenue than any other gaming platform ever, including PS2 at its peak."

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldn't say it's more popular, i'd say that nintendo just can't make enough.

but then again that's always been the case.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yay, found a Wii in a shop called Intertoys in holland (Near Utrecht)

It's the white one though. Never played with the Wii. But meh Forza 2 is enough for me.

Goodluck with finding one Sky :yes:

Or you can check marktplaats.nl for example

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i used to live near Utrecht, it's a lovely city :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom