The un-solved mystery on "Goten and trunks"

Out of these 10 answers to the mystery. which sounds the best to you.

• They got in a fight and ripped each-others off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They lost there tails bungee jumping from them

• They fished with it like goku does in db, and it got bit off by a fish

• They asked the dragon to bite there tails off.

• They tuck there tail in there pants

• They have invisible tails

• They spanked each other too hard with there tails

• Goku was so hungry he ate there tails

• They dont have tails because i said so.

• I HAVE THERE TAILS TAPED TO MY ASS!

• Total voters
Best answers
We all know(atleast i think we all know) that gohan is a half-saiyan that was born with a tail. Goten, who is also a half-saiyan, has never had a tail. Neither has trunks, and he is a half-saiyan. so...why is this? there is no right answer. but...make up a story and tell what you think happened :shocked:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they dont have tails because the people in charge decided it was no longer necissary to advance what little of a story dbz has

Best answers
When they born, the doctors must have mistaken their tails for the umbilical cord and promptly chopped them off.

It could have worse. . . .

Best answers
they got SSJ and not the Uzooro (sp) tail gene simple bin discussed b4 and that was like 20 pages long LOL :laff:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They didn't have tails because they were ripped off promptly after they were born... Allthough I do like the one about goku eating them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd grow back if it was ripped off.

Unless of course, everytime it grew back, they'd just rip it off; that way we'd never see it.

The other answer being that they simply didn't inherit it due to genes and such.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why couldn't they rip it off? Didn't they rip off gohan's tail for good?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet Goku had them ripped off, he knew what would happen if the saw the moon and didnt want that to happen to them, who knew what damage they could have caused.

Best answers
lol, this is the moon that has been blow up about five times through-out db and dbz. Heh, I like the genes idea, but if they did have it, I'd say it wouldn't stay for long. It would be surgically removed, like gokus I guess.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
they dont have tails because the people in charge decided it was no longer necissary to advance what little of a story dbz has
:talk: I agree, very funny im4

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scorch, saiyans regrow their tales until a certain young age (somewhere around puberty I think.) That's why when Krillin cut Vegeta's tail, it never came back. That's also why when Gohan's tale got ripped by Vegeta it never came back. I can't remember how old Gohan was but I guess that year is the exact year the tail stops growing back, since Piccolo had ripped it off about a year earlier.

Goku explains that Gohan never transformed like that before because they always go to bed early. Whether they go to bed early because they're just stupid, or because Goku is purposely avoiding the moon, is unknown to me. When Goku sees Vegeta go Oozaru he says something like "That's the monster who stepped on my grandpa!" so I don't know if even Goku knows HE could go Oozaru back then.

Best answers
Heres an idea, how about Toriyama got lazy and decided not to bother adding stories behind Goten and Trunk's tail? So we could leave it at that..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just assumed that they delt with it. It was most likely not focused on becuase it's now a mundane detail of the show. They've had enough experience with the giant apes. Even an oozaru is no match for goku, gohan, piccolo, or vegeta now, so what's the point of going through the time to focus on it? You can come up with your own ideas, like the whole gene thing, or that they just ripped them off... or ... goku ate... them, or something.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's amusing that so many jump to say, "Toriyama was lazy, DBZ has plot-holes," What is the reason behind insulting a show, whose forums about a game based on the series,on which you spend time posting in?

In other words, there's no reason to insult Toriyama Akira for not including irrelevant storyline about Trunks and Goten's tail. It's too bad if you wanted info about it, and it's not there--but it's not a reason to insult the show.

They also didn't include pointless storyline such as 'Goten's first haircut,' and 'Trunks first homosexual experience.' Get the point?

Maybe they'd shown enough of the tails. Also note the senshi never use Tayioken(solarflare) on Majin Buu. They must've FORGOTTEN about it. Toriyama must've gotten LAZY! Because you know, if you don't see something in a later season, it's pure LAZINESS!

Best answers
You took that far too seriously, there are many holes in DBZ that were made to stretch out the series or attempt to make them better, like why the **** did Goku and Vegeta crush the Potara Earings after defusing from Veggetto. Or your example, why didnt Tien use Solar Flare on Buu while he was trying to distract him so Gohan and Goku could fuse.
I dont exactly mean 'laziness' I mean it was more like strategy, to keep it going.
And I believe they left out the tail stories because maybe Toriyama didnt exactly feel like wasting the episodes. He could of always made a side movie like the Future Trunks movie, but he didnt.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri, ya goku didn't know he had once turned into an ape. I believe that when they first go to visite roshi's place they notice it and freak out. It was either about gohan or raditz.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien not using the Solar flare is not a "plot hole".....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really simple. Gohan was conceived before Goku went super saiyan. He got the standard saiyan tale. Goten and Trunks were conceived after Vegeta and Goku reached SSJ level, so their children were born with the ability to go SSJ instead of a tale. Standard Saiyan Genes Vs. SSJ-capable Saiyan Genes.

Simple. Why do people bust their asses figuring out all these farfetched explanations when they are obvious?

Best answers
Because its interesting to see how far someones imagination will go ^^

Best answers
Snow1586 said:
I bet Goku had them ripped off, he knew what would happen if the saw the moon and didnt want that to happen to them, who knew what damage they could have caused.
what moon? lol piccolo blew it up early in DBZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom