The meaning of life found

Status
Not open for further replies.
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For example, I can be highly manipulative and while I may have used my abilities to persuade people into doing what I want, even going so far as to convince them that what I want is really what they want but they just didn't know it, I know it is an ability that I'll need to use at some point and it may very well be a tool I'll require later in life when I need to negotiate or what have you. I also have a tendency to turn my friends and their friends, and generally anyone I come in contact with for extended periods of times into followers without meaning to do so, and that is something I actually despise about myself.
I find it funny you think people are actually following you, rather than just being either annoyed or amused.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you know me, Synth? Have we ever spoken outside of this forum? Do you know my name? Do you know my friends? My interests? Anything about me? Anything at all?

I'll save you the time and say no, you don't, Synth. I find it funny that you believe you can assess an individual by what is posted on a forum dedicated to a Dragonball Z modification. Should I judge you for zealously defending our current President? How should I judge you? Should I even judge you at all?

When did moderators become nothing more than average forum goers with time to spare? Shouldn't you be held to higher standards than the rest of us? Is antagonizing me really all you have to offer?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic pitches two coppers onto the table.

I would have to disagree with the point you (Zeo) are making here about the ridiculousity of a blanket statement about the meaning of life. If that is what they believe for themselves, that is what is true from their own perspectives, which they in turn apply to their own lives, which gives those statements more meaning I believe you give them credit for. It may not apply to everyone, but I am a firm believer that perspective is reality, and what you believe is what you conceive. Whatever the over-arching meaning of organic life in the only universe we happen to be familiar with actually is cannot possibly be broken down into anything the human mind is capable of comprehending at its present state. That particular question rests on a mantle piece above similar rhetorical questions along the lines of "where did the big bang come from" and "where will I go when I die?".

I will add, however, that I find myself believing conformity to modern society is just as wasteful as Vox believes it is (although mileage may vary depending on your personal satisfaction with your circumstances). Similarly I believe having children is not an end nor is it a means to an end with regards to our 'ultimate' purpose. Procreation, in my opinion, is Man's attempt to secure his immortality by drawing out his bloodline as far as he can. If a man can't find an ultimate purpose he can live up to or die for before he reaches a certain age many people default to believing they exist for their families or that life exists to preserve life, but I can't imagine there's anything even remotely logical about the idea that we simply breed ourselves to breed... I find it far more reasonable that man simply breeds when he feels he can't personally accomplish something in his life capable of justifying his own reason for being here on the planet. This accounts for about 99.9999% of all the men on this planet.

Also, if we can, let's try to keep the topic at least loosely based on the title of the thread. I find this line of discourse to be more entertaining than the flash video, so let's hold onto it while we can.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh. I find myself in absolute agreement with your analysis.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45077

I'm guessing this thread is my imagination... *winks at Magus*
-

Furthermore, for someone who wants everything wide open and intellectually immersive, you've gone rather defensive when someone simply pursues more evidence of your claims.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm going to completely disregard your previous zealotry because a thread with 2 posts and no pictures suggests you may have been making a very bad joke.

You aren't pursuing evidence and I find it laughable at how you and Gir can pretend to have such innocent motives after criticizing other members. Of course you meant "I seek evidence" by saying "I find it funny you think people are actually following you, rather than just being either annoyed or amused.", which not only means I'm actively deceiving myself, but am completely oblivious to my surroundings and the people found therein. There is nothing intellectually immersive about insulting someone, and that's fine with me. I have no problem with you doing if I'm allowed to do it, but let's face it. I'm not, because people cry or complain when I do.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since you've seem to have taken a great offense, I shall apologize for being abrasive. But, why flip-flop about the lower standards of insulting over a random practical joke within a hilarious political conversation outside of this forum?

It just seems like a pety way to win some meaningless argument to impress these people who you believe are your ever-developing followers.

There is no meaning to life, it's only how we find ways to extend our species. And instead of dying of boredom in the process, we've somehow decided that assuming we're special and not insignificant is worth creating disparities and conflicts.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ha, you even used the term flip-flop. Classic. As I said, I don't care if you or anyone else insults me as long as I'm given the same slack. Until I'm allowed to do so, though, I see no reason why anyone else should be able to. Everyone seems to have a **** fit if it even looks like I insulted someone without actually using the words to do so, but when it comes to other members or even your own staff, I'm fair game.

You also seem to be able to distinguish this forum, ESF and the people who keep this game alive from what I and others do during our daily lives. Why would the people I know come to this forum? Why would I need to or even try to impress my friends by beating a nobody in a debate about nothing? Once again, a moderator has turned a thread into a discussion about me. It seems even my mere presence on a forum is enough to incite heated discussion.

Since I'm just some guy who can't get his head on straight, I expect people to stop speaking about my "minions", since I'm obviously not capable of having any. Minions are something a leader possesses, not a lowly forumite like myself.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause your on thin ice and by evading the original ban you have made yourself a target and letting everyone know who you are was not a smart idea but people can't change and I knew exactly who you were once you started getting riled up and started arguments with me like in the past. So you have only one person to blame why poor little old you gets picked on and thats yourself and your actions of the past. Reason why most members just get hit with a slap on the wrist is cause they have never done anything seriously to jeopardize the mod and flame users and belittling users over and over. Ya you can deny that you didn't do any of these things but we know you did. Anyways I don't want to turn this into a discussion about you and then you going off defending yourself that your some kind of god emperor maybe in your own mind you are but on these forums your just another user with a number and an ip so give up the act already.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad you admit that I'm a target. Keep that in mind, people. I'm being targeted. I suppose when our slates are wiped clean on the new forum, I'll continue to be targeted right? Because that's how you guys roll. Ignore the rules you're sworn to protect, and then attempt to enforce them when what is being said is inconvenient for you.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read what I added it will help clear the air a bit better you've been noted cause you BAN EVADED which is a serious offense to break and surprised they let you stay after doing so but thats up to the admins why I will never know.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I'm just some guy who can't get his head on straight, I expect people to stop speaking about my "minions", since I'm obviously not capable of having any.
So you've finally realized. That's step one. Step two is to stop being an asshat to everyone you meet, and acting like you're above them. You're a very opinionated person. You're very close minded (as is evident by this thread, where you refuse to believe that perhaps the world revolves around individual perspectives of it, and that maybe not everyone is cut out for spectacular things). You force your beliefs onto others as fact. You don't seem to be capable of getting along with anyone you don't agree with, because whenever someone says something you think to be false, you shoot them down like they're an idiot, when in reality, you just can't think from their point of view. That's how you've always been, and if I recall correctly, that's what led to your ban. You criticize people for looking to an online community for advice (specifically, one dedicated to a DBZ mod, but that doesn't really mean anything because people are mostly the same wherever you go).

The sad thing is, you don't seem to care, because here you are, doing it all over again. Whenever one of us tries to tell you you're acting like an asshat, you throw a fit and wonder why that person isn't banned on the spot... It's because that person wasn't really in the wrong. You just can't see anything but what you want to see.

You wonder why you're being targeted. It's because you have a long history of knocking people down who really don't deserve it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Point being, I was allowed to stay because your superiors said so. Antagonizing me doesn't make me look like a ****. It makes all of you look like ****s. Axman flat out called where's_warren a chode and none of you seem to care, either because you don't know the meaning of the word or because he's a mod and mods get away with flaming people just because. You went after me and tried to pin some bull**** on me, and you quit afterwards because it didn't stick. That isn't right, and trying to goad me into arguments over and over again just so you can say "Look! Look at him insulting us! He's so horrible!!" is just ridiculous. Moderators should be held to the same standards as us at the very least. Since all of you are in a position of power, you should be held to higher standards. It doesn't seem like anyone is actually keeping you guys in check.

Again, as you said, you're targeting me. You're going out of you way to get a reaction out of me so you can use that as an excuse to get rid of me. If you want me gone, either go about it the right way and get me for breaking the rules or go to the people who allowed me to stay in the first place and demand that I be banned.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol see but the thing is your banned and your just evading your ban which is what you don't comprehend.

Xerimethius 06-14-2007 Permanent Never Forever [Lift Ban] After a long forum career marked by clever phrasing to stay on the right side of the rules, you've finally proven yourself too smart for your own good. While your methods are subtle, it's very clear to us that you are out to cause trouble. Farewell.

Theres your ban buddy so I don't know who your sucking up to stay around and or manipulating but I have my guesses. By knowing how and why I quit the moderation team guess you got that information from someone on staff which falls under leaked information but hey who's counting on the misconducts you've had over 10 notes on your account in an 8 month span so don't say you never got any chances like we give everyone. You just blew your chances over and over and proven to fail at changing your ways and like I said back on my days I worked on GamesNet once a screwup always a screwup.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See what I mean? You continue to wonder why nobody here likes you, despite the fact that you've been told many times. Each time, you just make those people out to be the bad guys, ignoring the fact of the past.

I also find it curious how you seem to dislike the moderators here so much, as if they're the masterminds plotting your downfall. The very fact that you're here is evidence enough that they're willing to forgive. I just think it's ****ed up that since you've been back, you haven't done anything to deserve their forgiveness. You've just gone back to your same old ways.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See what I mean? You continue to wonder why nobody here likes you,
I like Zeo.

Can we get back to the secondary topic, though. I actually thought it was a pretty good conversation until the end.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol see but the thing is your banned and your just evading your ban which is what you don't comprehend.

Xerimethius 06-14-2007 Permanent Never Forever [Lift Ban] After a long forum career marked by clever phrasing to stay on the right side of the rules, you've finally proven yourself too smart for your own good. While your methods are subtle, it's very clear to us that you are out to cause trouble. Farewell.

Theres your ban buddy so I don't know who your sucking up to stay around and or manipulating but I have my guesses. By knowing how and why I quit the moderation team guess you got that information from someone on staff which falls under leaked information but hey who's counting on the misconducts you've had over 10 notes on your account in an 8 month span so don't say you never got any chances like we give everyone. You just blew your chances over and over and proven to fail at changing your ways and like I said back on my days I worked on GamesNet once a screwup always a screwup.
And what you fail to realize is I'm authorized to be here by YOUR superiors. The people YOU work for said I'm allowed to be here. And trust me, it's no secret that you quit right after I was unbanned.

Spunky, all you've done since I came back, which is your doing if I may remind you, is take pot shots at me. That's it. You've poked and prodded me over and over again. Explain how I'd be wrong to react to you? Explain to me how I'd be wrong to react to a moderator's admission that I'm being targeted by other moderators? Why should I play nice when people are literally out to try to trip me up and get me banned again? Why should I respect any of you when it's the same people time and time again who have tried to get me banned? Because the rules say so? Oh wait, none of you are actually following the rules at this point.

I know which moderators want me here and which don't. There are actually some very nice people who run (or ran) this forum. The problem is the people who are actively taking pot shots at me are also the most active moderators. I don't see how not liking 3 people automatically means I'm against all of them. They haven't forgiven me for anything. I'm quite sure it was completely up to the higher ups and more of them voted in my favor than against. It's pretty apparent who would have voted against me at this point, no?

Why is Axman allowed to call where's_warren a chode and basically insult him in his model thread? Why isn't he held to the same rules as all of us? Because I'm here? What does that incident have to do with me? This isn't all in my head. You can pretend all of the moderators are playing nice, but Phobius, the dude who flipped out because I said he was trying to get Sandstorm to cyber as a joke, the person who I was actually cool with before that incident, said I was being targeted. If he says it, I believe him because his hatred of me actually knows no bounds.

As for me being close-minded, how exactly does me presenting a side no one else wants to discuss make me close-minded? If we were all agreeing and saying "You're totally right" this would be nothing more than a circle joke. Boyster made a beautiful post analyzing all our arguments, and I agreed with both of his paragraphs. If you take the time to read the first paragraph, he's reiterating what all of you said.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeo if they let you back that ban would be removed. Your back under a new ip address and host and thats the only reason why your back why you continued to be allowed to stay is beyond my comprehensions but I have no superiors mind you cause I quit like you noted and haven't returned to staff so its the admin and forum staff failing to do what is right and allowing you here to be here instead of banning you for an evasion of a previous ban.

Again your just playing with words to sound like your the sweet little angel who was a victim of staff abuse and did nothing wrong but in fact you were the down fall of your own demise need less to say.

Don't know about axman and wheres_warren's incident needless to say really I could give a rats ass cause again I'm not apart of this moderation staff anymore I can give my insights on things and see if their taken with action but thats pretty much it or if something bad arises and needs something done urgently ya I can handle that but having to watch for people who make no no's thats not my job anymore though I do send some stuff off to some people I know to take care of if I find its of extreme importance and needs to be taken ASAP.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm using the same IP and host as always and they know who I am. I like how you didn't address the reason behind your hate for me, btw. It's always been a vendetta. You didn't really give a crap about the rules then and you certainly don't give a crap about them now.

When I say You're, I mean your kind, and as long as your name is in italics, that refers to moderators. Since you're not a moderator, leaking what was said during my ban might be considered leaking information, especially since what was said was never part of the public domain. I also doubt what you posted could be found anywhere that a regular forum goer can see, so you may have just broken the rule you accused me of breaking. Good stuff.

The last paragraph doesn't have any punctuation so I won't read it.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually many many times the ban has been shown to users who have had a list of misconducts and a ban evasion to show they were banned and still are banned. I can also see your ip now and the one that was banned and they don't even match lol nor do the hosts so please do tell me another story.

Again stop trying to turn the tables its retarded face the fact jack you've caused many misconducts here which led to your ban and now your ban evading and one of your friends on staff is allowing you to stay here I'm not stupid its all about favortism thats how the world works if your in someones favorite you will get the special treatment if not low and behold you get the ban hammer.

Anyways this topic bores me I'm sure you hit the REPORT POST BUTTON or better yet hit the button to PM Friend on staff to deal with this blasphemy that is not true and get me in trouble cause rarely I could care less if the truth comes out cause eventually it will and you will get your just desserts.

So you can go on and on and on about your perfect world and how your so perfect in your own eyes cause this discussion is over with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom