The meaning of life found

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
in terms of science, Entropy is an agreed term.

and as for warren, he's a chode. who if you want to use examples, has no problem sharing his "views" or giving his opinion on other people or their hobbies/likes/dislikes. yet when that favour is returned, cries like a *****. i've had it way past my head hight with playing nice with asses. so yes, i'll be cracking down on them. if they feel i'm treating them unfairly, they can go to magus, who's my "boss", and he can decide if i need to be removed from duty or not.

until then, as always, what a moderator says, goes. so when i tell you to cut the sarcasm, do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sticks up hand* Oh! Oh! I recognise the difference between the definition of life and the meaning of life!

I also read between the lines. I presume that's why I don't get warned for sometimes flaming him back more ... visibly.

Anywho, "having a good life" or "living" in general is not the meaning of life. The meaning of life is too complex for anyone to understand, not to mention discuss. When all of the people discussing this have reached an IQ of 450, I think we could start discussing the meaning of life. Right now, I think we're all under 200, and should just ... drop it before we bicker about pointless nothings longer than we have to.

If there is a "meaning of life", it is not for us to know until we reach the stage where we no longer feel the need to. What would you do if you knew the meaning of life? Personally I'd throw myself off a cliff, because I'd already know what happens (this is a side-effect of knowing the meaning of life, the whole knowing what happens after death - because that's part of the question).

I might be on a thoughtless banter here. Feel free to whack me down a notch. I NEED ACCESS TO SUGAR RIGHT NOW OR MY BRAIN WILL DIE.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Sticks up hand* Oh! Oh! I recognise the difference between the definition of life and the meaning of life!

I also read between the lines. I presume that's why I don't get warned for sometimes flaming him back more ... visibly.

Anywho, "having a good life" or "living" in general is not the meaning of life. The meaning of life is too complex for anyone to understand, not to mention discuss. When all of the people discussing this have reached an IQ of 450, I think we could start discussing the meaning of life. Right now, I think we're all under 200, and should just ... drop it before we bicker about pointless nothings longer than we have to.

If there is a "meaning of life", it is not for us to know until we reach the stage where we no longer feel the need to. What would you do if you knew the meaning of life? Personally I'd throw myself off a cliff, because I'd already know what happens (this is a side-effect of knowing the meaning of life, the whole knowing what happens after death - because that's part of the question).

I might be on a thoughtless banter here. Feel free to whack me down a notch. I NEED ACCESS TO SUGAR RIGHT NOW OR MY BRAIN WILL DIE.
You don't get warned because you're flaming me, and that's okay. If I were to return the favor, I guarantee I'd be shipped off to Vietnam.

Not being able to arrive at an answer doesn't mean we should stop discussing the subject. It's through discussion and debate that we're able to learn and assimilate different perspectives and then modify our own perspectives. By doing that endlessly and by exchanging our views with our descendants, we may eventually arrive at the answer. Simply ignoring it and hoping the answer will suddenly pop into our heads one day is about as effective as sitting on your hands and hoping to a make a billion euros (because the greenback is worthless). The best things in life (and death?) require time and effort. We have plenty of both, so why not use them constructively?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you'd be shipped off because you've been an asshat for a lot longer, and you've been banned for it a few times before, so our level of toloration for you, is a lot shorter.

if you ever feel you've been flamed, tell one of us and we'll deal with it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does every single topic I post in turn into a biography about me? And how is calling me an asshat not a flame? Seriously.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My definition of constructive is improving the living-standard in the world. Your definition is apparently to discuss something we're never going to find out - and if we do, we'll still be arguing whether or not it's right until we all kill each other with massive super-weapons.

Sugar fix attained, just went down to the store so I could feed my wonderful yet horrible addiction.

On Lee calling you an asshat: Maybe he meant it in a positive way? I mean, it might be a step up from what he used to think of you! Also, he did tell you to let him know if you felt flamed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're posting on a forum, so you're not exactly improving living standards around the world. Since you obviously have the free time, why not dabble in philosophy instead of knocking it? If you're not interested, why are you even posting in this thread?

All actions start out as ideas, and conversing and debating is a way of acquiring existing ideas and creating new ideas. You don't have to take part if you don't want to, but there's no reason for you to jump in if you have nothing to say.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does every single topic I post in turn into a biography about me? And how is calling me an asshat not a flame? Seriously.
past tense. i was describing previous behaviour, meaning, it's different now. not much, but it is different.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you'd be shipped off because you've been an asshat for a lot longer, and you've been banned for it a few times before, so our level of toloration for you, is a lot shorter.

if you ever feel you've been flamed, tell one of us and we'll deal with it.
You called me an asshat. Stop trying to use semantics to talk your way out of it. You're breaking the rules you were told to enforce. I am deeply offended and am currently weeping from not one, but two eyes. As per your request, I will report this incident to a moderator (one who doesn't break the rules, mind you) and hope you get a good talking to. I know all they'll tell you to do is back off or be smarter about trying to get me to do something to get myself banned, which none of you have ever been able to do, but at least it's something.

Because you have chosen to hijack this thread, I request that we return to the secondary topic that we have been discussing. Thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think we can all safely agree the meaning of life for you lot is to have my babies

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, as soon as i saw your name as the last post, i knew something like this was coming xD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You called me an asshat. Stop trying to use semantics to talk your way out of it. You're breaking the rules you were told to enforce. I am deeply offended and am currently weeping from not one, but two eyes. As per your request, I will report this incident to a moderator (one who doesn't break the rules, mind you) and hope you get a good talking to. I know all they'll tell you to do is back off or be smarter about trying to get me to do something to get myself banned, which none of you have ever been able to do, but at least it's something.

Because you have chosen to hijack this thread, I request that we return to the secondary topic that we have been discussing. Thank you.
is this turning into USA vs GB war?
anyway, point of life is having good time! that simple

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are very few people I know from the UK who I dislike. I won't do them the disservice of grouping them with certain individuals and saying all people are like that person or persons, whatever the case may be.

I once read somewhere that life is anything but simple and anyone who tries to convince you otherwise shouldn't be trusted. I tend to agree with that notion. Fact is stranger than fiction and all is not as it appears. I'm not going to build a wall around a simple concept because it's easy for me to understand. I'd rather push my boundaries until I find myself well beyond what I thought I was capable of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are very few people I know from the UK who I dislike.
That's discrimination. You hate everybody except the British?! Just messing with you. :E

If life was simple, we wouldn't enjoy it very much. Simple concepts, like religion perhaps? One thing created us all, he intended us to live well and do his bidding. That's what I call a simple belief regarding the meaning of life. I refuse to support this belief. If there is a meaning of life, perhaps it will unfold more when we have a better understanding of the world? I mean, all we know right now is a small portion of information about our own world.

Pushing boundaries is all nice and fun until you step over them, but I agree with your point of view on that one. It's not that I don't think about the meaning of life, it's that I have more pressing matters at hand - like my education, which might lead to a better world in one sense or another. The meaning of life could be, quite as simple as the answer "42", or it could be an immense philosophical question so confusing our minds explode trying to understand it, or a mathematical formula grasping every aspect of everything.

The meaning of life cannot be put into booths, as it is likely to be all and everything, and then some. More than we know. It's my belief that we cannot know the meaning of life until we have experienced it - and quite frankly, none of us have experienced life and survived to tell the tale, creating difficulties in furthering the information we have on "the meaning of life".

Now I'm tired, and I have a Norwegian short story to finish within an hour or so. I bid you adieu. D:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know Vox ( I know who he is, but it says Vox, so dammit I will call him that!), but the simplistic replies of Arthos and Onslaught may just fit a lot of people. I don't like the idea of me having a responsibility to change the world. My goals do not necessarily cater to the entire world, so the focus is not for a widespread change. Personally? I want to make fantastic movies or a cartoon series. It may not be the most important thing to mankind, but hey, that's not what I want to do.

I am curious though Vox, your view on life is most different from what I usually here. Out of pure curiosity, what do you think your purpose in life is?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lol'd at the fact that you posted on a forum to say that. GG.
Now find where I said what we're discussing isn't important because there are more constructive things to do like improving the living standards throughout the world. Oh wait, that wasn't me. That was Avenger. I said if you're going to post in this topic, on a forum, you're obviously not out there changing the world so you might as well discuss the subject at hand. Grow up and stop trying to take potshots. You're obviously not clever enough to do so effectively since you aren't even able to place things in their proper context.

At Chakra:

They say anyone who has ever changed the world knew that they were going to do it somehow, but didn't know exactly how it was going to go down until the opportunity presented itself. For me, it isn't a matter of if I'll make a noticeable impact on this planet, but when and how. I also hope that the impact I make is positive in nature. However, I realize impacting the world isn't necessarily a positive thing, and I'd hate to shame my descendants by being the next Stalin, so I'm constantly reinforcing personality traits that benefit me while addressing what I believe may hinder me, negatively affect others or may become a liability if left unchecked. Then of course there are grey areas where I'm not really sure which way I should go. For example, I can be highly manipulative and while I may have used my abilities to persuade people into doing what I want, even going so far as to convince them that what I want is really what they want but they just didn't know it, I know it is an ability that I'll need to use at some point and it may very well be a tool I'll require later in life when I need to negotiate or what have you. I also have a tendency to turn my friends and their friends, and generally anyone I come in contact with for extended periods of times into followers without meaning to do so, and that is something I actually despise about myself. I don't need followers and I most definitely don't need sycophants. I really don't know how to combat that, so it's something I'm still working on, although irritating or angering a person is sometimes enough to snap them out of their daze. I could go on about myself, but I highly doubt anyone actually cares so I won't bother.

At this point, I don't think I'm going to grow out of the notion that I can and will make a difference. I've felt this way for pretty much all of my life, and the sense that it will happen has only grown stronger. Who knows, right? Maybe my teachers were right about me having vast potential.

Or maybe I suffer from delusions of grandeur. I guess we'll find out in due time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom