The ESF 1.3 Vision

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Jinx, I like you, you know I like you, so anything I write in this post should in no way be considered an insult. I'm just going to be brutally honest with you, because you're Jinx. With that being said:
Your suggestions are usually horrible.
LOL!!!! I couldn't help but to laugh my *** off after reading that, but anywho I know sub =] much <3.

It's not a matter of misreading what you said, I know exactly what you're suggesting. It's a useless idea.

Powerup is a button I, as an avid player of ESF, am familiar with. The left mouse button is also a button I, as an avid ESF player, am familiar with. It makes absolutely no difference whether holding down left click makes you recover, or holding powerup makes you recover.

Now, you want to do this because it would make the game simpler. It's not making the game simpler, however, it's changing what a button does. If you want to make the game simpler, you should make recovering automatic. New players have no idea you can recover, and having it automatic would be one less thing to worry about, without removing anything important from the game.

Understand?
As for the button, I've addressed this earlier. I didn't mean simpler as an, "easier to do". I meant simpler as in, it's the button most familiar for the NEW guy who's just beginning to learn the game, it's geared towards the pickup and go aspect, BUT you can scratch this idea becuase ive completely changed it, thanks to an inspiration from another post. It'll will be edited soon.

Jinx, I assure you, it's not a matter of me not reading the ideas. I know what you're suggesting, stop thinking that no one can possibly dislike your ideas.

You seem to not be understanding my post though. I wasn't mocking your idea by imagining spiderman, whatever that means. I was pointing out that what you suggested for the jumping idea is essentially how jumping works in the videogame spiderman 2. I pointed that out so anyone who was having a hard time understanding your idea would have something to compare it with.

The reason I said no to this particular idea is because jumping is fine the way it is now. This would be more work for the ESF team, and it would be wasted work since the idea adds nothing to the game.

Understand?
I check out the jump in spiderman 2, it's not the same. Spiderman is bouncy/springy get that image out of your head x.x. This is more of a darting/leep motion. Yet, it might work similarly, although it wont perform the same way. Keep in mind I haven't explained it in detail. If you want a preview of how it would somewhat look, find the episode of dbz where Gohan + krillin are in that cave on namek with chichi. The way the leave jumping from point to point will look similar.

Also, the reason the current jump works just find is because it fits well within the CURRENT version of esf.

You didn't tell me the details. I said no based on what I was told by you. I don't know how I'm in the wrong on this one.

As for the running idea itself, the reason I said no is because this is a DBZ game. We don't have a ground combat system in place and I sincerely doubt 1.3 will see a ground combat system in place. Why you're trying to encourage people to run on the ground is beyond me.

In any case, the "ESTIMATE" you gave me is absurd. 75 percent of the speed of swooping is waaaay to fast, considering it would cost no ki to move at this speed. Yes, I realize it's an estimate, but I can only work with what you give me, Jinx.

Understand?
No, because this is a dbz game? hrmm....
They run in dbz, infact at really high speeds. Yet, your right and the estimate IS off especially considering your able to increase the performance of the run. I've already addressed this in previous posts =o

I understand that this is what ESF could be, which is why I'm posting here. I'm trying to prevent ESF from being horrible, which is what you seem to want to make it.
Your entitled to your opinion.

Stop putting **** in caps. I understood what you were suggesting before, and I understand what you're suggesting now.

Your swooping idea would make the game more complex. Instead of one way to initiate a swoop, there would now be two ways. I can picture the conversations in servers now:

"WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SWOOPING MODES???/?????"

It would confuse people, Jinx. We need to keep the game simple. There should be one mode of swooping, and there should be one way to initiate that swoop. You turn turbo on, you're now in swoop mode. Any movement that is done with turbo on will now be a swoop. Simple and easy to understand.

Understand?
Could explain how turning on turbo, and pressing a button to swoop is complex? Oh, and do you realise "turbo flight" is a mode? let me go to the bottum of my first post to get a quote.

Here you go..

5) While in turbo, it's just like esf 1.2 except you dont lose ki while standing still, and you dont lose turbo when you are hit. You can also regain stamina while in turbo mode over a gradual period of time. You can also regain ki without losing turbo mode by holding the powerup button. Being hit while in turbo mode, not only takes away HP but also takes away Stamina. Bringing a slight higher risk to using it.

Hrm.. I see nothing complex about it... I'de like to point out how it does seem a lot easier to stay in turbo mode tho, compared to current esf 1.2's turbo. Also, it seems a lot easier to fly considering you dont have to double tap.

"WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SWOOPING MODES???/?????"

As for that, im pretty sure a new player will pickup on the difference quickly, considering how easily they'll be able to change direction without double tapping, making it easier to escape an experienced player.

Ontop of that, they can use this mode of flight to learn how to control their flight to get the hit, and once they become good at that I'm fairly sure they'd become interested in flying without turbo( double tapping) as well. Considering the benefits of not using it, and ontop of how well this fits in.. there is the bonus of adding that extra eyecandy to turning turbo on. Ontop of that, the idea of how to go turbo has been applied to ascending which makes it even more interesting and defines how stamina should be used.

Now,.. thing will get more specific as I update the outline, for now just read @ the very bottum of the outline.

It doesn't limit movement, it makes movement elegant and easy to understand.

I don't know why you want to get rid of hovering. People hover when they want to launch beams and what not. Taking away hoover would make the overall game worse for reasons which I assume would be obvious.
Elegant:shocked: ??? whatO_O?? lol:scared:??

"People hover when they want to launch beams, and what not". Yea.. that's exactly how it works.. IN ESF 1.2!!!!!!!! But im not saying it wont work that way in my idea either, but of course when charging a beam or shooting one they arent falling. Ahaha, I'll explain this more when i post up the new beam idea. Besides that, there is no reason to keep hovering, especially with the thoughts i have in mind, and how the beams now work. Not to mention, how this contributes to ground gameplay and the new feel of esf.

Judging from your track record, odds are more likely than not that it is bad.
Ouch LOL! cheap shot! -200 Points

That type of thing should not be in ESF. We already have turbo, which serves as a means of enhancing the damage of your attacks. We don't need another feature which does roughly the same thing. If you're seriously crazy in love with this idea, keep it simple. Make turbo increase how fast you run or how high you jump in addition to making your attacks more powerful. Otherwise, you're adding more **** to an already complicated game.

In short, I rejected the idea because it makes the game more complicated for no valid reason. The main reason people quit ESF is because they don't ever learn how to play the game. You want to make the game more complicated by adding stuff which won't increase the fun anyone is having.

Understand?
You do realize this applies to everything except flying right? Because if your flying you'll teleport instead of increasing the performance of whatever you're doing. Secondly, could you explain how pressing a single button to improve/enhance what ever you're doing is complex? This feature adds depth and mostlikely will be your life saver in those pinch situations, which occur very often for those who know esf's fast paced gameplay. For the unexperienced player this will be their miracle. They'll use this to unforseen extents, making the experienced player consider whether consuming a lot of ki is worth going after an unexperienced wild swooper.

When I look at an idea, I think of how much effort it will be to implement and I look at what it will do for the game. Will it make the game more fun? Will it balance the game out? Will it make the game easier to play? No? Then why do I want to add it?

The blocking idea is useless. If you want to start a powerstruggle, charge a beam instead of blocking. The models in ESF are scaled down 4 times of what regular half-life models are. This makes it hard to determine what animation the other guy is doing. You're not not going to see someone faking a block, you're going to see a figure which vaguely resembles someone in DBZ from afar..

Understand?
Honestly, you'll agree when i say powerstruggle RARELY happen in esf amongst experienced fighters. You'll also agree that it RARELY happens amongst unexpereinced fighters, unless they communicate to each other that they want to PS(power struggle). Well the way beams work in my idea fixes this..

Now to address the block. The purpose of this feature is to reward a player for blocking strong beam or in other words...giving the player a countermove for blocking. Once again, this goes back to how beams are setup in my idea. Currently esf's beams don't suit this idea because of how rare the instances are.

If you could recover at will (IE: The second you press the recover button, you're able to start moving again), I might be inclined to agree with you. But you can't. Recovering should be automatic, you're 100 percent wrong when you say it will take away from the gameplay. You're just wrong.
That's not automatic mate =o, thats manually pressing a button to recover =]
anywho the recover idea has been revamped. Check the outline for updates soon.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ouch LOL! cheap shot! -200 Points
Lmao, that was pretty low. Sorry Jinx :(

Anyways, you and I have a very different opinion of how ESF should be. I think it's best to leave it at that.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is realy gething out of control i sugest we alll stick to the topic before

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is realy gething out of control i sugest we alll stick to the topic before
There's nothing out of control about this thread. They're arguing their points of view... that's perfectly normal... By the way, you forgot to finish typing your sentence...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i wanna throw in my 2 cents, knowing that it will most likely be completely ignored...

i like the jump idea (mostly because i made it a while ago) but i realize how it might be a little irritating to deal with in-game. so i think it should be applied to wall jumping. when you connect to a wall you can choose to hold left, right, up, or down and youll go the corresponding direction. if you hold nothing you just jump off like we do now.

Honestly, you'll agree when i say powerstruggle RARELY happen in esf amongst experienced fighters. You'll also agree that it RARELY happens amongst unexpereinced fighters, unless they communicate to each other that they want to PS(power struggle). Well the way beams work in my idea fixes this..
they also rarely happened in DBZ, mostly because the fighters were dumb enough to leave themselves open for that long.

but i suggested something to fix this straight to kong, and here goes. there is no charge bar on attacks. all you do is say the name of the attack and you can fire, but doing this leaves the attack weak and almost pointless in just randomly throwing around. but it could be a great desperation attack in the middle of a melee fight, and you actually get a chance too. does more damage than a gen beam/ball but is also slower.

however, its not weak forever. it only starts out weak and as you continue to charge it gets stronger and stronger until either it hits the cap OR if there isnt a cap, until you run out of ki. there will be no detonation button, just a disconnect.

"People hover when they want to launch beams, and what not". Yea.. that's exactly how it works.. IN ESF 1.2!!!!!!!! But im not saying it wont work that way in my idea either, but of course when charging a beam or shooting one they arent falling. Ahaha, I'll explain this more when i post up the new beam idea. Besides that, there is no reason to keep hovering, especially with the thoughts i have in mind, and how the beams now work. Not to mention, how this contributes to ground gameplay and the new feel of esf.
if hovering is ever taken out, i will rip your penis off jinx.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is an idea to charge KI into a "storage" and use it for a beam attack lateron.

Basically you charge your KI and then keep it charged untill you decide to fire it as a beam. Ofcourse you can only charge a set amount of KI and when you stop charging it the charge slowly starts to disapear. This lets you store energy for a "instant" (animation decides the delay) beam attack while you fight (ofcourse the charge still takes the same KI as normally) and the charge goes away with time.

An actuall outline has not been written yet since we decided to focus on melee for now but that was an idea on how to incorporate beams into melee without making you a sitting duck for over 5 seconds.

The idea was to fire a coresponding attack regarding how much KI you have stored. So a full storage would make you shoot a KHH where a low KI storage would make you shoot a genbeam.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well there is an idea to charge KI into a "storage" and use it for a beam attack lateron.

Basically you charge your KI and then keep it charged untill you decide to fire it as a beam. Ofcourse you can only charge a set amount of KI and when you stop charging it the charge slowly starts to disapear. This lets you store energy for a "instant" (animation decides the delay) beam attack while you fight (ofcourse the charge still takes the same KI as normally) and the charge goes away with time.

An actuall outline has not been written yet since we decided to focus on melee for now but that was an idea on how to incorporate beams into melee without making you a sitting duck for over 5 seconds.

The idea was to fire a coresponding attack regarding how much KI you have stored. So a full storage would make you shoot a KHH where a low KI storage would make you shoot a genbeam.
Grega, I've already posted this idea into the outline x.x...THIEF!! I'ts my idea!!!=]

Just kidding,

I've already posted the idea, except it's stamina that is "stored", but not really.

As for Dark's comment... My penis is too large for your hands to grip, too sturdy for any chainsaw to tear, and too masculin for any other man to handle =]

but seriously =] Beam struggle didn't "rarely" happen in the show... perhaps uncommonly.. Lol Every main battle had a beam struggle. Every single one...

As for the jumping, that's a nice idea I was considering as well. Yet, the ground jump wont be annoying because it's not going to be the same.. as in.. how hi you may jump, or how far...... it's alll about balance.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for the jumping, that's a nice idea I was considering as well. Yet, the ground jump wont be annoying because it's not going to be the same.. as in.. how hi you may jump, or how far...... it's alll about balance.

its not really that as much as jump like that would give you free rain to easily run away. as i said im all for the idea i just realize how it would be very annoying.

to be honest, i posted the same idea for walljumping a long time ago. it just went ignored, again.

As for Dark's comment... My penis is too large for your hands to grip, too sturdy for any chainsaw to tear, and too masculin for any other man to handle =]
so ill get my mom to plant dynamite in every orifice we can find. problem solved.

but seriously =] Beam struggle didn't "rarely" happen in the show... perhaps uncommonly.. Lol Every main battle had a beam struggle. Every single one...
thats actually still a rare sight, and i dont remember a struggle in the battle with frieza. but the only time it DID happen is when 1 enemy was getting angry enough to disregard logic or so egotistical that they think they can stand any attack.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
LOL!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxMcNCa1M-Y

Great amv for frieza vs goku

There are some points ide like to address in this vid.

1) 3:00 to 3:30 has a beam struggle

2) 0:57 to 1:06 Notice the jumping, This is a good example of the gameplay i wish to incorperate. Also realise how that jump gave him a temporary boost in speed, this is the soul idea behind the "Improved performance" when not flying. Althought, the idea is going to be revised so that the"improved jumped" costs a significant amount of stamina and not ki. Aslo and improved "Jump/Leep" auto kicks in turbo for 1 swoop(non chain-able). More details to be added ect ect..

3)In the outline, the "Hovering" aspect will be edited so that it reads something similar to this.. After powering up a player can hover for 3 to 4 seconds before automaticly falling. The benefits of this of this will be explained in the outline as it updates.

4)
Check the outline for red/green font updates

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iv easked Joe to try to put in a certain jump idea we saw round the forums.

Well that was about 2 months ago ^^

The idea was to have jumping act more like a leap. Basically like when you get slamed into the ground and hold space instead you do it by pressing a direction and space. Just space would be a normall jump. We should see how that works.

And jinx those ideas are from before the forum was back up. So who stole whos ideas ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ive suggested alot of my ideas b4.. but not nearly as clear or thought out =]
waaaay back then

by the way i just editign the jumping in my outline,, check it out. "RED Font"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think of anyone willing to sit hours to read that entire first post.. as others have brought up many of those suggestions don't seem likely to get implemented

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You're greatly over exadurating the time it takes to read the first post.

and in the post b4 this one, I refered to read the RED font for updates.

Not the entire outline again.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're greatly over exadurating the time it takes to read the first post.

and in the post b4 this one, I refered to read the RED font for updates.

Not the entire outline again.
well, i havent read your entire post. too much there too read/focus on.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or your posts are needlessly long and complex, and no one wants to waste their time reading something that they inherently know won't be worth adding to the game.

I usually read everything, but even I can't bring myself to read your posts in their entirety.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think thats true, I saw a member of the team looking at this thread for quite a while when I was in the who's online page but he may have just opened it up and went to the washroom so who knows. Stuff like this usually gets talked about at the team meeting and I'm sure this will be talked about too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kongkong is out there scouting for ideas, and it seems like he gave up because of the sheer size of the first post. If they can get something good out of it, awesome, but I hope that we all have the idea concept of what good is.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've never sat through a team meeting and know exactly what goes on in one. I remember a few meetings lasting 3-4 hours talking about suggestions and new gameplay elements and changing around current stuff so to read this is nothing cause the team and testers have read a lot more then what is posted here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom