The Details of the Super Saiyan Forms

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but neither was he in Super Saiyan 2 form. So why was he generating electricity? Your theory is that a Super Saiyan will not have the electrical effect, but a Super Saiyan 2 will because of its form. Nappa was a Super Saiyan 2? Wow I did not realize that. Now let's look at it this way, that what I stated was an example. Another thing is that after the Frieza Saga the series changed incredibly. Comparing past Sagas the the further ahead Sagas is worse than comparing the anime to the manga. There's just way to much of a difference. Comparing the first Sagas to the latest Sagas can't be done because it almost becomes a different show with how much everything changed. And frankly, I wouldn't even consider the different levels of Super Saiyan to be "forms". Cause all they are is just different levels of which they tap into their Saiyan powers and emit more energy, and the extreme energy flowing out spikes their hair and changes the color. The only REAL transformations are Frieza's, Cell's and Buu's forms. And yea of course Oozaru.
Neither would i consider it, neither does goku really (when he explains to babidi), but you have to use a term for distinguishing the differences. My point was, nappa had electricity uniquely, vegeta didnt and he was more powerful, just nappa, and it was the first time you ever saw anything like that in db, then 20 volumes later the next time u see electricity is SSJ2, and from then on ssj2 always had electricity. It is a distinguishing feature whether you like it or not, the other stuff other characters have are effects to create an illusion of power, it is in no way to measure of powerlevel, its to make them stand out, the "omfg" factor, but you are asking in this thread what the details of the ssj forms are, and lightning is unique as a permanent feature of the second stage of super saiyan. Thus is another of the details, I can tell you know though, once you know how to draw dbz, you can tell the difference in ssj levels just by their faces/hair.

Best answers
Neither would i consider it, neither does goku really (when he explains to babidi), but you have to use a term for distinguishing the differences. My point was, nappa had electricity uniquely, vegeta didnt and he was more powerful, just nappa, and it was the first time you ever saw anything like that in db, then 20 volumes later the next time u see electricity is SSJ2, and from then on ssj2 always had electricity. It is a distinguishing feature whether you like it or not, the other stuff other characters have are effects to create an illusion of power, it is in no way to measure of powerlevel, its to make them stand out, the "omfg" factor, but you are asking in this thread what the details of the ssj forms are, and lightning is unique as a permanent feature of the second stage of super saiyan. Thus is another of the details, I can tell you know though, once you know how to draw dbz, you can tell the difference in ssj levels just by their faces/hair.
I already CAN tell the difference between level one and two. And given the personality Nappa had, the eletcricty was more than likely a purposely made effect by him to appear more threatening. And the lightning is a detail of the power they are generating... There could be a saiyan that is pretty much a demi-god with his strength, but not be generating the static. Then one could come along thats not even 1/4 as strong, and then get the electrical flashes. Why? Because the weaker one could AT THAT MOMENT be generating more power. I'm not saying the stronger one couldn't, he just simply wasn't. Then once the saiyans started being able to go Super Saiyan 2, the static was natural most of the time. And then always appeared when they were purposefully generating a lot of energy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The generating of electricity had nothing to do with SSJ forms. Its as David said. Just for the plain old OMG factor. Gokus first SSJ transformation was a friggin thunderstorm. Generate that much static with SSJ2 >.>

The electricity was just a show so you get the feeling of the diference in power. So once you get forms abbove SSJ you see that as an indicator of SSJ beeing powerless against a higher SSJ form.

Best answers
It appears people are hardly reading my posts... You can't determine the differences between the levels of Super Saiyan with simple things like, "Brighter Aura", "Bigger Muscles" or "More Lightning Effects". All those things vary with the power level and energy out-put. If a Super Saiyan level one, had the power level of a Super Saiyan 2, and was generating as much energy, the only difference would be the slight change of their hair. Has anyone bothered reading and try to atleast half a$$ understand this instead of buzzing through and stating your objections without understanding what I'm saying? Because no one has yet made a direct argument.
That's extremely incorrect. I've read, but it's objecting to something in a way that is, just...kind of rediculous. There is absolutely nothing in the manga to support it. If you're really holding to that theory, then you're going by the anime. Even MSSJ Vegetto didn't have sparks anywhere other than the initial power up, and a lightning charged aura was completely absent. Is that because of a lack of power now? Every single SSJ2 character that appears in the series displays clearly: a) a lightning charged aura.. b) the same hairstyle change...and c) the slightly increased muscle mass from the super saiya-jin form. Every single one. Regardless of power difference between eachother. Regardless of amount of power. It's the same in every single instance. In addition, Goku's muscle mass in base form has hardly changed (if at all) one bit since the beginning of the Dragonball Z portion of the series. His body looks exactly the same. By the Buu saga, he's already largely stronger in his base form than he was in his first super saiya-jin transformation on Namek. And yet super saiya-jin still had the muscle increase. It's a characteristic of the transformation. Period. All other options have been eliminated. Since literally every super saiya-jin transformation is identical as with one individual to another, and every super saiya-jin transformation is completely unique and different from every other super saiya-jin transformation, it's out of the question to categorize these things as anything else...unique characteristics of the individual super saiya-jin forms. Shall we assume that the change in eye color is a by-product of power too? Of course not! All in all, the way you're describing them, they wouldn't even be "forms" or "transformations". That theory is a bust.

All of these things are re-occuring, and are regular distinctions of these forms throughout the course of the entire manga.

In the anime's case....well, the anime fails when it comes to accuracy. D;

Best answers
It appears people are hardly reading my posts... You can't determine the differences between the levels of Super Saiyan with simple things like, "Brighter Aura", "Bigger Muscles" or "More Lightning Effects". All those things vary with the power level and energy out-put. If a Super Saiyan level one, had the power level of a Super Saiyan 2, and was generating as much energy, the only difference would be the slight change of their hair. Has anyone bothered reading and try to atleast half a$$ understand this instead of buzzing through and stating your objections without understanding what I'm saying? Because no one has yet made a direct argument.
You can tell by the damn aura.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, this thread got all 'splody fast...Well, as far as SS goes, narrowed eyes have nothing to do with it. After Goku and Gohan adapted to the SS form, they no longer had to strain from the form, and their eyes were shown relaxed a lot (you know, like when they smile and have the eys that look like upside down "U"s').

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom