TESTING FEVER 2005

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yay im on the list, well i have a question, are the people who are participating in the tien competition are also going to beta test?

Best answers
Sounds like grOOvy's got a hell of a lot of sorting to do, with the applications...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien has nothing to do with the Beta test.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the ppl that are doing the tien should be given the choice to beta test because afterall they are working hard to get him esf

Best answers
I really hope I get picked. Not for the sake of transformations (EVM people EVM) but to give my 14 year-old insight :p[/offtopic]

People I want in:
Logan (Barely know you but...)
Sarutobi (The one I always call the hacker in my head)
SuperSaiyanChris (No comment)
RavenTrunks (Most definetly.)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
well the ppl that are doing the tien should be given the choice to beta test because afterall they are working hard to get him esf
No they shouldn't. They're doing it because they want tien ingame, not because they want to beta test.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow. so many nominations for me...I'm so loved :laff:

but we'll wait and see who the staff chooses. As for Tien, his development doesn't equal a free ride to beta test. That I'm certain of. :]

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
since when did cold steel get moderator power, is he ass licking again?
You are really starting to piss me off, you know that?

Not only did you not understand the answer that was given to you 4 times, you decided to become belligerent and disrespectful for those explanations. Since this seems to be a constant problem for you, I'll offer one last word to you on how you should behave on this message board.

One more ******* comment out of you because you're to stupid to understand that you're wrong, and I will PERMANENTLY ban you off of this message board.

Now that I hope I've gotten my message across, feel free to stop being a prick when you talk about something you really know nothing about. Failure to comply will result in a ban before you have time to formally protest it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
As for Tien, his development doesn't equal a free ride to beta test. That I'm certain of. :]
exactly, were not doing it for any other reason than to give the community another person to play as. And for the Tien fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alright, thx for answering the question.. if i know how to model earlier i would so have gone into the competetion too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarkSniper said:
alright, thx for answering the question.. if i know how to model earlier i would so have gone into the competetion too.
its not a competition. if it was, its not anymore. we already have everything in place (sprites, model, outline, ect)

all we need is some tweaking and animations for Tien, and then the coders will be taking over and coding him in. For more details, look in the Tien threads in the suggestions forum and the Tien thread in the modeling forum.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastasurf said:
Well Folks, we are no longer accpeting Beta Tester applications at this time. Over the past week around 560 qualified people have applied for the ten open testing positions. Groovy and other team members have begun reviewing applications and should have results in about a week. Good luck to those of you that have applied.
Wow! I suppose the age limit did narrow down the applications.

I really can't chose from the people entered in thread, I feel that most of you will do a good job, anyways Good Luck to the final Beta Testers and I hope you do a Good Job! :) I know I will if i get accepted!

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Jayster said:
Wow! I suppose the age limit did narrow down the applications.
I really doubt that, I am sure some kids didn't read all the rules, like usually :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
scor B said:
I want to taste it... Plz... give me a chance...
Tnx
Welcome to the forums!

The point of beta testing is to help the ESF Team find bugs so they can later on correct them.

However, whomever gets accepted will have beta 1.3 but in WIP.
The certain members will be chosen because the team believes they are trustworthy and will do what they are asked todo.

Please Note: They will NOT give places to the beta team for people who just want a "taster" for ESF.

Best answers
Ness said:
[He quotes my post on page 7]

WTF?! Most people apply to beta test for the sake of playing it early :/ and you my frind are no exception. It was your first post on the ESF Forums, and i wonder if youve even played ESF before o_o
If you actualy read my post, you would see how illogical your statement is. I clearly state my reasons for signing up, you must be blinded by your initial assesment that assumes I might have never played this mod before. Infact not only have I played this mod since it's inception, I also knew the programmer PCJoe since before he ever even worked on this mod.

Good job using my post count as a basis for your judgement. Guess you didn't consider the fact that I could have created a new account due to forgetting my old information from a year ago. :yes:

Oh well, I forgive you.

Best answers
Yeah, I myself wish best of luck to all who signed up. There is but a narrow chance you will get in though. My thoughts will be they pick long term members or well known players who actualy know the dev's.

Non the less, it'll be jolly good fun to see who will get in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lost said:
Yeah, I myself wish best of luck to all who signed up. There is but a narrow chance you will get in though. My thoughts will be they pick long term members or well known players who actualy know the dev's.

Non the less, it'll be jolly good fun to see who will get in.
no. they'll be picking the ones most QUALIFIED. Not because they're buddies with this member or that member.

Best answers
Logan289 said:
no. they'll be picking the ones most QUALIFIED. Not because they're buddies with this member or that member.
So they fooled you too o_O
haha, we'll see m8, time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom