TESTING FEVER 2005

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive noticed a lot of you seem to think Beta testing involves giving suggestions and ideas for gameplay to the developement team as well as finding bugs. Anyone who thinks that is very wrong. You do what the Team asks you to. The Suggestions Forum is there if you want to try and change what the team wants or make suggestions on how to "improve" gameplay. Conceptual Designers give suggestions on how to improve gameplay or whatever, Beta Testers report bugs or exploits. Please understand this, as many of you have the wrong ideas about Beta Testing. What KartSah earlier is also very true, a lot of you seem to think asskissing will give you a better chance of being selected.

Evolvedant said:
What I am about to say comes from my experiences as not only a beta tester but as a developer of many mods and games.

It seems most people are applying just to be able to try it out early. I signed up because I like this mod, and because I want to contribute to it being better than it already is. I feel my extensive experiences will contribute alot. Don't sign up just because you want to play it, sign up because you want to hammer it with everything you got, and write up a really good report describing exactly how to reproduce bugs you found. (Given that said bugs are not random occurances of course..) When new version is released and if bugs are found afterwards that were never noticed during beta, the beta testers are partial to the blame. Lets not let that happen.

Instead of offering early congrats to anyone who might be selected, I offer a demand that whoever is selected will hopefully play their part as best they can and not take it for granted. Being a beta tester is an important position, yes you can have fun, but please take it seriously. All of us benifit from how well you perform your job. Make us proud.

-Adam
Half-Life Level Designer
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/adam321
WTF?! Most people apply to beta test for the sake of playing it early :/ and you my frind are no exception. It was your first post on the ESF Forums, and i wonder if youve even played ESF before o_o

Best answers
Ness, you can't tell me that the team won't accept a Beta Testers input. I mean, if they think a certain part of the game isn't working, will the team just ignore them? Doesn't sound very smart to me.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:
Ness, you can't tell me that the team won't accept a Beta Testers input. I mean, if they think a certain part of the game isn't working, will the team just ignore them? Doesn't sound very smart to me.
Indeed, he can't tell you that.

Speaking purely from my experience on the beta testing team (which started when 1.2 began development), the team is always open to suggestions from the inside. Having input on how to improve what you've tested is also a helpful thing to have. Even if you cannot suggest a new idea, you should be able to give input on other testers' suggestions, maybe put your own twist on them.

Either way, yes - giving suggestions is a part of the package. If you hire a tester who cannot give suggestions when (s)he doesn't like what (s)he sees, then it will be tough for the team to find out what's working out well, and what isn't. Yes, spotting bugs and exploits is a critical part of testing. But when it occurs that some testers, despite bugs, do not like what they see and figure it wouldn't work out well, then it's also the testers' task to create alternatives or find some from the suggestions forum

Don't get me wrong, you'll still be hired on your ability to assess the bugs well, but I'm sure your input will be asked, as well, on developing aspects of the game. In that sense, your insight will also add to the appeal of your application.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I finally caved, I signed up. :x

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since when did cold steel get moderator power, is he ass licking again?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
since when did cold steel get moderator power, is he ass licking again?

:warning: Warning:warning:

Not only did you go offtopic again. You insulted a dev teammeber/moderator. Be carefull now. You're allmost on a two week vacation.

Best answers
I also applied and hope to help with the tests XD
muahahaha i'll be checking the forum everyday =']

;) :tired:

Best answers
I know i like never post here but ive been playing the game forever,i dont know why i never did before but I will start now ;D

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOTICE:

1 HOUR LEFT FOR APPLICATIONS.

Best answers
well.. the APPLICATION time is over so it`s time to wish grOOvy good luck with selecting the best people for the job.

Good luck grOOvy

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The applications page is now closed. Check the homepage for the results in a week's time. Until then, I'm going to leave this thread open under the following conditions:
-- You may ask questions in relation to Testing Fever 2005.
-- You may post your predictions on who may win.

All off-topic posts between this post and the one where we disclose the results (a week later) will be dealt with by the forum staff.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of the applicants that have posted on this thread my predictions are (excluding everyone banned/barred from the thread/disqualified/already testing)

In no particular order or bias:

Logan
RavenTrunks
SuperSaiyaChris
Dream_Killer
Jayster
Evolvedant
DragonDude
DarkSniper
KilledWithStyle
Sarutobi Sensei

Of course, that doesn't count people who applied (last count was 5000 apps?!) and there aren't nearly that many posts here so who knows. Good luck everyone, and good luck to the devs who have to read through them all :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I adimire the paitence the devs must have to read through so many applications, especially the horrible ones. The one person I think will get picked is Killed With Style for some reason o_o. I don't wanna sound nick picky, but since the are asking for beta testers, does that mean they have new things they wanna test out and want to get a good chunk of the bugs out during mid production? or it is leaning towards the end, which calls for testers for final polishing of the product?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People I think should win

Carnage
KilledWithStyle
Sarutobi Sensei
Chrono

Theres more, but this is all I can think of for now.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Logan
RavenTrunks
SuperSaiyaChris
Dream_Killer
Jayster
Evolvedant
DragonDude
DarkSniper
KilledWithStyle
Sarutobi Sensei
Where am I?... :cry:
anyways, Mybe they have a auto-disqualify program or something =O
Yes so, any new ppl to the forums, Read all the page's of this thread before posting.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fatal
Sarutobi
KWS
SSC
DS
Jayster
Logan289
Ice Man

Hybrid

Those are the people that I think would be chosen as a beta tester =)

Good luck to you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom