TESTING FEVER 2005

Best answers
i just turned 14 today and this would be a great birthday gift if you could give me the job

Best answers
Sign me up. This means that ESF 1.3 could be coming this year! WOOT!

Best answers
I saw your home page, and I got very excited. I have been playing ESF since Alpha, and watching this game grow has been a pleasure for me. It has grown so much since then, I am very satisfied with the work of this mod team. I may not post much on the forums, but I have been an active player in the community for a while. I'm pretty quiet around servers, but it's definitely something I love doing in my spare time. Just look at my registration date. I've been here for a while. The only reason I don't post is because I am an active member for a few other communities, as well as the one I run at TGN.

I don't expect to be accepted, but it would be an honor. I am an active IRC user on Gamesurge too, as well as a former competitive Counter-Strike player in CAL. I also run a popular organization called BringBackTheChickens.com, or BBTC.

Thanks for your time.

Best answers
Made an application, time to wait and see what happens..

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan16 said:
when do we find out who is in?
As stated on the homepage, the application period will run until this coming Sunday (April 24th). When the application closes, grOOvy (and hopefully some assistance. God bless him, he'll have a lot of sorting to do) will sort through the applications as fast as possible and will likely need to confer with the team about the applications that are completely valid (follow all the regulations). I'd imagine you'd probably hear about who's in within a matter of a week, maybe a week and a half...provided grOOvy's up to snuff on his speed-reading ;)

Best answers
Yay finally a chance to get into esf testing, i really hope i get choosen ;)

Best answers
-JLN- said:
Well, I don't post outside off topic much, and I don't play ESF that much anymore, but I'll give it a shot :)

A few questions though; where will the servers be hosted? I live in Europe so I don't know how high ping would be.
How much time would I be expected to play the game and look for bugs?

Majin you said:
Ping is relative. It depends on who's hosting the server. Whenever we test on Prozac's server, for instance, myself, Magus, and Smith are at a disadvantage for ping. As luck would have it, though, this isn't too big an issue.

We try to isolate bugs and we test out the team's ideas in-game. If we're busy trying to duke it out, we'd probably let a few bugs slip. So, ping is probably not the biggest issue.

"Before applying, make sure you READ the following prerequisites completely. All of the following must apply to yourself:

You are free every Sunday for a maximum of two hours from 19:00 to 21:00 hours GMT (England Time). This is a must as tester meetings are held each Sunday without fail!"

thats a quote from the application form ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does "first come first serve" have any effect on how you guys choose?

Best answers
you know i've signed up for this....i should be a little competitoion for yous.....

Best answers
What I am about to say comes from my experiences as not only a beta tester but as a developer of many mods and games.

It seems most people are applying just to be able to try it out early. I signed up because I like this mod, and because I want to contribute to it being better than it already is. I feel my extensive experiences will contribute alot. Don't sign up just because you want to play it, sign up because you want to hammer it with everything you got, and write up a really good report describing exactly how to reproduce bugs you found. (Given that said bugs are not random occurances of course..) When new version is released and if bugs are found afterwards that were never noticed during beta, the beta testers are partial to the blame. Lets not let that happen.

Instead of offering early congrats to anyone who might be selected, I offer a demand that whoever is selected will hopefully play their part as best they can and not take it for granted. Being a beta tester is an important position, yes you can have fun, but please take it seriously. All of us benifit from how well you perform your job. Make us proud.

-Adam
Half-Life Level Designer
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/adam321

Best answers
wow i agree with you completely. myself i was a betatester for a game that was being made called Naruto: The Last Seal. i also applied because i have a talent to make or think of things that will make the game better then it was oroginaly was. i also agree that we have to do our best, if we get picked, as a beta tester to look for bugs and to try and make this game better for everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evolvedant said:
What I am about to say comes from my experiences as not only a beta tester but as a developer of many mods and games.

It seems most people are applying just to be able to try it out early. I signed up because I like this mod, and because I want to contribute to it being better than it already is. I feel my extensive experiences will contribute alot. Don't sign up just because you want to play it, sign up because you want to hammer it with everything you got, and write up a really good report describing exactly how to reproduce bugs you found. (Given that said bugs are not random occurances of course..) When new version is released and if bugs are found afterwards that were never noticed during beta, the beta testers are partial to the blame. Lets not let that happen.

Instead of offering early congrats to anyone who might be selected, I offer a demand that whoever is selected will hopefully play their part as best they can and not take it for granted. Being a beta tester is an important position, yes you can have fun, but please take it seriously. All of us benifit from how well you perform your job. Make us proud.

-Adam
Half-Life Level Designer
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/adam321
Excellent post and I agree completely. When I beta tested Priston Tale, I went in expecting to not find much and left everyone else to find something big, but I found myself stumbling upon several map errors. Some errors are still in the game though, unfortunately (like being able to climb up to places you shouldn't be able to) and similar things.

I also agree that about 1/2 of the people who signed up for this are probably wanting to be able to play it first before anyone else. Thats all fine and dandy, but they still have a job to do. They may find something that no one else does so its important for them to report it. Thats why I'm already making a plan for myself if I'm chosen. I'll first be seeing if the original exploits and bugs have been fixed since 1.2, then I'll be looking for new things. You'll probably find me mindlessly running down the maps in rows to see if there are any flaws. dont need anyone accidently falling through or having invisible walls like some of the maps we have now have.

Long story short...if you get chosen...DO YOUR JOB! O.O Play and have fun AFTER the final release. Though in the midst of it all...I dont think it'll be a major problem to launch a random Deathball at an unsuspecting Magus or something :] ...just be sure not to do it while he's investigating something or else you'll be in trouble O_O

*steps down from soap box*

Best answers
well i applied because i believe that i can make a difference in the game but i know i wont get picked, i just have a feeling lol(its a sicth sense)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm in. *applied* Though I'd probably won't be picked, but hey, it's worth a shot to try anyway. :p

Best answers
Good Luck to all of youz!!!
:D

I agree with Evolvement!!
When you lucky guys get to be beta-testers try to really find bugs and crap so when it goes out people can play it and they'll be happy!!

Like me and other guys of course...
:laff:

So Make Us Proud!

*gonna go get some coke...*

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yo-MoMa said:
Good Luck to all of youz!!!

I agree with Evolvement!!
When you lucky guys get to be beta-testers try to really find bugs and crap so when it goes out people can play it and they'll be happy!!

Like me and other guys of course...
:laff:

So Make Us Proud!

*gonna go get some coke...*
Do people not read? Well, here it is nice and big.

<h3>You are no longer welcome in this thread. This is the second time I've told you.</h3?

Also, have another warning. :warning:

Best answers
A very quick question:

Are you guys going to choose those that are 16 or above? I mean, hell, I'm 14 and IMO very mature. Hey I have one more:
Is it completely required to know how to use mIRC? I can't use it for some reason >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom