Team Fortress 2 :: Small Update Released!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
We've been pretty quiet lately, but thankfully, that's about to end. In the next few days we'll have an update out that has a couple of new features for the Engineer and Spy, and a variety of other smaller fixes.

* Teleporters will be upgradeable to level 3. As the teleporter is upgraded, the cooldown will decrease.
* Dispensers will be upgradeable to level 3. They will heal faster and generate metal faster as they are upgraded.
* Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground.
* We've made a bunch of minor changes by adding particle systems and upgrading the HUD to show things like deaths by critical hits, players that are overhealed, and giving more information to medics when people are calling for them.

These are just to work on some class balance and depth issues that we've seen in the wild with these two classes, but aren't meant to replace their entire class packs. They will be getting more attention further down the road.

While that's in testing, we're off working on several things that folks have been emailing us about, so we thought it'd be good to provide some detail:

* The next class pack will be the Scout. One of the main goals we're focusing on for him has been to provide tools that make him useful in maps like Dustbowl & Goldrush. If you have any ideas for what you think would work well, post them over on the Team Fortress 2 Forum and we'll take a look.
* We are actively working on a massive XBox 360 update, which will include pretty much everything we've shipped on the PC in the last year. We'll provide you with a rough date when we have one.
* We're also working on bringing over a variety of engine improvements from Left 4 Dead into the TF2 engine, but it won't be a wholesale replacement of the engine. This means we'll get some of L4D's performance improvements, like the better multicore support, but not all of them. For example, we can't bring over some improvements without dropping support for DX8, which we're not prepared to do.
Source:
http://teamfortress.com/

Loving the spy and engineer update soonish! :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Been playing it a bit! Very good, refreshing update!

It feels great to give the Engie some more work to do after building a level 3 sentry, dispenser and matching teleporters. You feel a lot more fulfilled once you're done upgrading everything to it's max. And unfortunately, you feel even worst when someone blows it up :(

The Dispenser has two new models for it's upgrades: Level 2 expands it outward a little with a bin full of syringes and such, and level 3 adds a monitor on the top that looks like it checks heartrates or something. Simple, but they do look a good bit buffer. I don't think it refills faster, but it heals a lot faster, and replenishes 10 more metal per refill per level. So, with the default being 40 metal, you eventually get 60 metal per refill, meaning your little sentry-nest can become a damn fortress if set up properly. Also killer if dispensers are placed strategically.

Teleporters have no model change, though the effect becomes taller per level. The recharge speed hastens per level, considerably. To the point that a level 3 teleporter has about a 2 second recharge time, making their effectiveness in troop-moving so effective that they become priority targets since people can pop in with almost no cooldown.

The Spy compensates for this a bit with the gift of ammo now recharging his cloak. Be prepared to be paranoid a fair bit longer than before, because a mid-size ammo crate can instantly recharge half the cloak, whether cloak is engaged or not. Same goes for fallen weapons. Spies are sneaky sneaky bastards now.

Last thing worth mentioning is now you can kill Demoman stickies with bullets. Yeah, you always fire at them, managing to blast them 5 feet away? Well now they just fall apart when shot. Little comfort when as an engineer, you suddenly see three of them sitting under you and your sentry, but definitely a potential lifesaver in the right circumstances.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I played it this morning for like 30min.

The Dispenser has two new models for it's upgrades: Level 2 expands it outward a little with a bin full of syringes and such, and level 3 adds a monitor on the top that looks like it checks heartrates or something. Simple, but they do look a good bit buffer. I don't think it refills faster, but it heals a lot faster, and replenishes 10 more metal per refill per level. So, with the default being 40 metal, you eventually get 60 metal per refill, meaning your little sentry-nest can become a damn fortress if set up properly. Also killer if dispensers are placed strategically.
Indeed, I love it. Still can be easily destroyed with the proper equipment.

Teleporters have no model change, though the effect becomes taller per level. The recharge speed hastens per level, considerably. To the point that a level 3 teleporter has about a 2 second recharge time, making their effectiveness in troop-moving so effective that they become priority targets since people can pop in with almost no cooldown.
Disappointed with the no new models or animations for it so you can see from distance what level it is. The level 3 teleporters will be quite dangerous when build in the intel room of the enemy. Instantly move troops over there.

The Spy compensates for this a bit with the gift of ammo now recharging his cloak. Be prepared to be paranoid a fair bit longer than before, because a mid-size ammo crate can instantly recharge half the cloak, whether cloak is engaged or not. Same goes for fallen weapons. Spies are sneaky sneaky bastards now.
Indeed. Unlimited cloak when near dispenser is for the win!

Last thing worth mentioning is now you can kill Demoman stickies with bullets. Yeah, you always fire at them, managing to blast them 5 feet away? Well now they just fall apart when shot. Little comfort when as an engineer, you suddenly see three of them sitting under you and your sentry, but definitely a potential lifesaver in the right circumstances.
Thank god for this, about time! This really will stop the damn sticky spammers more.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just gonna B(ack) S(tab) - (for those who don't play) rape harder...

Not to mention I'll be able to roll spy more often in 6's clan matches too...

Goodieeeeeeee!

But like scout update next? Maybe learn the pub community some real ****- and stop them playing PL maps. ****in nubs.

6's and 8's pub servers will get this game up there with CS, do it now?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Meh, to be honest.. I think one of the other classes should get an update first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom