Tales Art+Tutorials =D (?)

Best answers
Mr. Domino: Hey, thanks again for the crits. I am just wondering, how old are you? you seem to know alot about art, etc.. that's why im curious. if you dont wanna tell i totally understand. Nice drawings, i really like the old one too =P.. just a question, how did you learn your drappery? from... the loomis site? (cause i didnt find a link) or.. from a book? your work is really impressive, you should start a thread. THanks again for spendin time on crittin my stuff! i promise i will improve asap.

David: hey man i dont see your stuff anymore =P what's up with that? Thanks for comment. Im sure you can do it as long as you are determined to practice(even better ;))! update new art ya?

quick update.. started to work on baby sora's face!

Best answers
I don't want to make my own thread because I don't think anyone here will actually critique my work. I'm fairly certain there would be a lot of abstract number scores and strings of internet shorthand with nothing substantial to help me improve. I'm only interested in being the best artist I can be. To do that I have to challenge myself, and I'm not going to find that here. I also don't want people thinking I'm an expert, because I'm not. The only things I know are what I have done wrong and continue to do wrong. That's the real reason that I stick around, to put my mistakes out there so people can see them and hopefully find a way to challenge themselves.

I am 24, since you asked and still very much a student of art. I've studied it legitimately for the past six years and pursued it for the majority of my life. Which really isn't that much time at all if you think about it. I don't really think age has anything to do with your grasp of art. I know this guy who's 16 and is probably a better illustrator than I will ever be. For all intents and purposes don't even worry about age.

Best answers
"I BET JOO WANT MY GOODIES, GOT YOU ALL HOT AND BOTTLED"

I love that song.

anyways, hey long time no see...

Mr. Domino: Oh dont get me wrong.. i wasnt sayin anythign about age. i was just wondering cause you seemed to be like crazy and you had the best crits i could ever see.. you are great, and thanks for always droppin aline.

new stuff. quickies. each took like 20-30 mins.

THAT ONE IS A QUICK RENDER.
hehe, i dont know what to say. im so brain dead from studyin for a chem bench mark *cries* thanks for viewin though

Best answers
Just WoW, sorry to be ignorant but do you have any online galleries or a website of finished media?

Best answers
hey guys, it's been a busy month! no time to catch my breath.

@showster: haha im going to have an online portfolio soon! maybe ill put the link up here sometimes

anyways, some new stuff..

i have been tryin random techniques... it's real hard. but here's one of the sketches i have done

finished KH pix

random:

i drew it my friend linda colored it =)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you do most of that in pencil? If you did......do you mind tell me which type of pencil you are using...because... you rock!

(I use #1 pencils because I can do better shadings with the eraser.)

Best answers
@ Ina: Hey Ina, ya most of them were in pencil. I just use a simple mechanicale pencile.. with HB lead.. i think you should just use a regular pencil. it helps alot

thanks for the comment, means alot

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you're welcome. I like your last image too, I see Mr. Piggie ate some Hot Cheetos...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thefriend - this is about tales art and things, not yours.

If you want to post your own art, feel free to do it in your own thread.

Best answers
****! Did you guys hear the new Ciara , feat. Missy Eiliot, song?! IT'S SOOOO AWESOME!!! Well, it's not allt hat new, but it's still AWESOME! here's some quick sketches:

Everybody 1,2 step!!!!

It dont matter to me we can dance slow.. etc. lol sorry im so obsessed with this song..
-
@[SAS]Orion: haha, thanks.
@Thefriend: Nice picture, keep at it man!
@fulCard: Thanks for comment
@Inakuro: =D He ate more than hot cheetoss...

have a nice thanks giving guys! HOPE YOU HAVE FUN~

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot to mention that the art is awesome!

Sorry for missing out that minor detail :)

Best answers
wow.......im just speechless......and i just noticed ur OPM friend :p.........keep up the amazing outstanding work

Best answers
Hey guys! Hope ya'll had a nice thanks giving! I sure did! i ate sooo much :')

well hey i have more sketches.. sketchy sketchy though!! hope ya enjoy it.!

First one is a picture for my friend.. he requested seph and cloud in a duel.. i tried to make it more 'dymanic' but so far it just looks so... not breath taking :

Step 1:

Step 2:

Close up:

ya cloud is a hottie.. so... =P we all wanna do himm~
<b> I cant put my thumb on it.. but can someone give me crits especially on this pix please? The cloud one that is </b>
and here's some CC (Chrono Cross) fan art:

i agree this wasnt so good! Just practicing my girls =P cause i cant do them as well.. and shading.. not done.. pretty fast~
---
@Cldmani: ya OPM rocks. hehe thanks for comment
@Bolteh: Hehe.. thanks.. but im not, really.
@ [SAS]Orion: Thanks again :)

Best answers
Your art is absolutely phenomenal. As Domino pointed out earlier: it's apparent that you draw faces much more than the rest of the body, the reason is because they look so much more refined than everything else. I've noticed you tend to exaggerate the head, as a result the remainder of the body is much smaller than it should be. This is easy to fix, however, just draw bodies as much as you draw heads :yes: I would like to commend you for doing all of your shading in mechanical pencil... that must just take frigging FOREVAR!! When covering up a large area, I'll either use a 3B/4B or a charcoal pencil (my favorite), just because it's that much faster...

Now, on to the critique for Cloud you requested:

I took the liberty of butchering your picture, and trying to mark in red what I have noticed.

1. His shoulder is too small, and the shoulder blade itself appears to be non-existent.
2. When one flexes his arm, the bicep bunches up, making to appear to be a ball. Obviously, he has to have muscles to wield that sword ;)
3. The rendered hand looks somewhat odd to me, I attempted to draw what would appear to be more correct, but it was rather difficult with a mouse as my medium...
4. As with his bicep, his forarm is too skinny; the anterior side also becomes larger and more apparent when holding it in that position, while the dorsal side becomes a little flatter.
5. The things I circled on the sword (don't know what to call them) are sized differently... just thought I'd point that out as well.
6. The back is too short. Don't use my lines as a guideline, but the length I drew out is good. (I don't know wtf that lump I drew is... disregard it please).
7. I really do enjoy the face, it's rendered beautifully, more realistic than general anime, expressive, et cetera. I can't really help you there... but you can help me :)

Best answers
Sasucker: Thanks for the tips.. i am sadly starting a new pix.. but i will keep your pointers in mind! i will start drawing bodies today =P i will try to make them look good. Thank you for your time... i definetly learned alot from you!!!!

THanks!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry i havent posted in here for a while, you do such lovely work, and i really enjoy seeing it, also i learn a lot from you and it inspires me no end when i look at such beautiful and diverse art. I must say i agree with the others about bodies, I notice in that cloud shot it looks a little off, i think the shoulder throws me off, to me if i was drawing that cloud his shoulder wouldnt cover the face, he looks a little squashed up in there, his shoulder should connect (imo) a little further to the right and a little down, only the shoulder behind his face would be brought forward to cope with parrying the effort with the sword. The other problem would be his hands they are far too closed to be holding that sword, when you hold something thick you cant grasp it like that, his fingers would most likely not reach his palm on the other side of what we're seeing... i dunno if im explaining right.

Anyway im loving all the work you do, please keep coming back here, because its quite nice to see some other art here ^_^

Best answers
Hey David,
Thanks for the crit.. I finally figured out ways to make my drawings way better :laff: or atleast a little :] you guys have made my improvement more obvious and i owe you guys everythang =D anyways.. here's a little bit of an update.. hope you guys like it. tried to go from boring to bling bling hehe c&c welcomed.

i was inspired by a few jet craft designers (Of course, they were game designers.)

and something bling blingggg see the bling yet? =P haha.. ya well hope you guys had a nice week! tootles! time for sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom