Tales Art+Tutorials =D (?)

Best answers
Hello there !!
I have a little question , my english is not the best but i hope its enough to maybe get an answer here ^^;
Ive been drawing for some months , trieing to get along with the bodyshapes :rolleyes: but i always need to make some lines helping me for the perspective
( for example drawing a circle for the head and then get a looking direction ) sometimes i really miss the shape :\ , sometimes not ... my question now is : does an professional use all the help lines too ? Whats the best way to learn proportions ? and how long did it take you ? thx and byeee
( hope these questions are not wrong here )

Best answers
"X": Oh, He knows more than just Kung-Fu :)
[SoB]-Bones-: Hey, I'm glad you asked me these questions. Ill break your questions into three main points:
1)"does an professional use all the help lines too ?" The answer is Yes. Everything needs a guide.. Just think of it as math.. you need the basics to build onto more adv. types of questions.. it's kinda like how adding is the basis of multiplying (In a weird way). Without the guide, people would still be able to do it, but it kinda takes them as long? Or if they know the perspective perfectly well, it would be easy for them too..
2)"Whats the best way to learn proportions ?" Practice. Nothing beats learning something than practicing..! In addition, you should be able to measure the body each time you draw.. Ex: From the chin down, there should be three heads to the crotch. and then 3 more from the crotch down. Each person is built differently, therefore, causing a variety of proportion. Be sure to check out some books if you need to too.. There's a really good one that i got, but my friend lent it. If i find it ill be sure to give you the name.. but im sure it's by Jeno Barcsay. 18 bucks, but such a genius book.
3)"how long did it take you ?" To be honest, I have been drawing ever since i was 12. But you know, just random doodling.. nothing too serious. It was just last year when i started to take drawing REALLY seroiusly. I guess it didnt take me too long because i really really wanted to get better.. In art you only need two things:::::::!!!!! practice and determination. Everyone starts off bad, but you know what? it's the ending results that matter. Who gives a Heck if you start off super bad, come back around and pwn them in a few months, or maybe a few years. .. well iuno what im sayin but basically the amount of time you want to become really good is based upon your amount of practice.. As for each drawing, hehe, it doesnt take me too long.. plotting it, drawing it, inkin it, and coloring it takes me about 1-1.5 hours. Nothing big.

sketches are really fast.. rangin from 10-40 mins.

My friend took my sketch book.. ill be sure to update new sketches tomorrow!!! I know you all "MISSED" my sketches huh? :p

here;s some old stuff though:

yep!! haha, these are the better ones.. youd ont want to see the real old ones :p

Best answers
*marries x* now come to america, and buy me a ring

:-D

---
here's the pictures i promised a gillzion years ago..!

last two are unfinished.. they needa be refined..

that's for the portfolio and the project im workin on!! hehe ya!

see ya guys! C&C welcome

Best answers
ohhhh so thats wat he loooks like. i totally forgotted. tis very hot! HEARTLESS's BODY- OHHH YEA!
awesome fnazetastic!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:'( i missed my chance...

im loving the art, i love the fold example, that really looks awesome with that paper, and the white and the black, i dunno why i just love that medium, that strange bunny creation is beautifly rendered, i love the light sources, he looks really misterious. That pirate looks incredible, i love the sharp lineart, though the proportions look a little skewed it still works nicely =]. This thread always inspires meh ^_^

Best answers
Linda & David; Thanks for the comments.. haha and ya that pirate.. ugh when i was inkin him i totally f'ed up!! >_<

ugh im so tired.. for the past 2 days i only got 4 hours of sleep and now today i got 0!!!!! can you believe it?! school is such a drag!!! you freshmen out there.. you better finish your credits asap!!!
-- here's an old digi paint..

iuno why but i still like it *winks*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XD damn pretty nice... i havnt seen in this thread sinca longa tima! :p

Go on!

Best answers
TryForce: hey, Thanks :)
Hey girlies and guys :)

here's some new pieces.. only two.. too lazy to scan the rest..

--

the first pix is like 5 feet tall.. i had to draw a lot of individual pieces and paste them together... it was a huge drag.

Best answers
They're both real awesome tales, i love your marker work <3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep, and how many hours did it take you for the tall one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O"

omfg.... can you tell me with what thingys or brushes ( dunno what) you had colored all this stuff?! !!! X-D

btw. you still dunn had added me on MSN :]

Best answers

hello girlies!!! hehe jpjp

that's a new project i started on.. ya.. ill explain more later! c&c more than welcome!!

---

Thanks all for the comments!!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my god, that is some beatiful design work, the quality of your work i still amazing >_<

oh and btw, do you design all that typography for the paper? if so is it printed or done by marker, it looks so damn sexy

/me gets jealous >;[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya thats really impressive, i just wanna know if you do everything directly on paper

--

Noes!! he got 100 posts ftw >;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^like he said...

btw. its he she! not a he!

Best answers
Davidskiwan: Hey, thanks for the comment. For the typography, i printed out.. linda helped me design it..
DarkSniper: Hey, Thanks. ya i do it directly on paper.
TryForce: THANKS~~

Best answers
OPTIMUS: hehehehehe THX!!

anyways, how have you all been?? COLLEGE STARTED!! and it's REALLY ***!!! my math teacher gives me 300 problems a day.. ;_;.. i kinda wanna drop out.. but ya.. the math class is easy.... arg arg i hate skoo.. and i went through a hugeeeee art depression.. but hopefully im back? :)

anyways.. here's some newer stuff..:
From old to new

(Dew Prism.... or "Threads of Fate" fan art.. im thinkin bout doin a gigantic version in color... but i dont know yet..)

Cover page.. i noticed his face is lopsided.. oh well lol

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah, loving your art style,:( wish i had markers.... oh well =P. They really look awesome, i love the shading and the lineweights, really awesome stuff ^_^, i really like the line quality of the mechanical ones, im just wondering if the black is marker of some sort, or just an ink pen or something. Anyway, those faces u always draw have really nice and smooth detail in the eyes, i really wish i cud draw eyes like u =/, my sketching all look like scribbles in comparison... what i'd give to have smooth clean lines =[

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom