Swooping Backwards

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay well as follows, I think you should be able to swoop back facing forward that way you can allow your opponent to chase you then, if you have the ki, you can know him the other way. Or in Beta 1.2 you would be able to do your combos swooping backward that way the fighters don't stop at each other but are continually movie such as any great fights IE majin vegeta v goku frieza v goku or gohan v cell....

By this i mean that you dontgo like this

>=======OO=======<
but like this
>=======O O======>

so you can kind of back pedal with them... or u can back pedal from a beam and not have to teleport away.

Just a suggestion on an evassive move that i would like.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell no. You can already fall backwards and do the same thing. This way would just make it even harder to catch people than it already is. The current system is fine.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the current system is being stripped off and theyre putting a new one in for 1.2 so that tells you that it isnt fine... and its not falling i mean u need to have some speed running away from a beam...

and having ppl run from u shouldnt be too time consuming they eventually run out of ki.

Best answers
I think it would be cool to fly backwards really fast and if you being chased you could fly forwards right from it and hit the guy following you( of course flying forward would be faster the flying backwards). but it could be like in the series during the cell saga goku is going backwards and cell is chasing him and he then goes forward and hits him. i mean it doesn't have to be that fast just fast enough the avoid somone following you for like 4 sec or somthing. but thats how id do it might not be right but i think it would make the game a bit more challanging.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Challenging? It's already impossible to hit anyone who knows how to teleport and doesn't fight back. This move would be abused all the time. Ever time someone swooped at you, you'd swoop backwards and then forwards. It would get really tiresome.

That happens enough already anyway. You guys need to learn how to cut out of swoop and fall at the same time.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would be cool..... *remember zsnes dbz games*.....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sonic Boyster Challenging? It's already impossible to hit anyone who knows how to teleport and doesn't fight back. This move would be abused all the time. Ever time someone swooped at you, you'd swoop backwards and then forwards. It would get really tiresome.

That happens enough already anyway. You guys need to learn how to cut out of swoop and fall at the same time.

hit them with a beam then... melee isnt the only thing in the game.

Best answers
I think this is not a bad idea just be an extra detail in the game.... but you can sorda swoop behind if you turnf off fly mid swoop and face the player... I find it fun to do this b/c you can catch a lot of people off guard and give them a nice bump in the head... but nice idea be more of a freedom of movement if anything... although it would look sorda cheesy =P

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Best answers
Sonic thats y i said that swooping backwards woul dbe slower then forward swooping but not too slow just fat enough that you woul dstay way from the guy for like 4 sec not too long. o well i put my 2 cents in but as usual it don't matter

Best answers
If you want to swoop backwards just turn around and swoop. Its a tradeoff for not being able to see if the guy is gonna snack you in the back, i say leave it as it is.

Best answers
I think you can't go that fast when you are swooping backwards:devgrin:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ya u would go slower then u would be goin faster like cells speed would drop down to gohans or krillins...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A backwards swoop would negate you being able to block. It would just end up making you an even easier to kill target.

Best answers
I think its a good idea Gohan... swooping backward would be good... only in melee struggles though.. :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we have no idea how melee in 1.2 is going to work anyway, so these suggestions are kind of pointless. Let's try again after we get some idea how advanced melee will work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know exactly how it will work and i will tell u melee is not going to be about playing tag with the person ur fighting

and yes u have no idea about the new melee so why bother posting suggestions for it :scared:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg h1b1k1 4g|P335 witf mah omg. I feel kinda fuzzy.

So that ends that discussion.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
this suggestion would still be good a backward swoop would be more freedom of movement and less time spent with teleports and such.

Best answers
They way you swoop is by clicking, how would you swoop backwards?
Hold back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom