• Good/ Nice idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok/Average idea

• Not the best idea (explain if so)

• Thrash stupid idea (explain if so)

• Worst idea in the world (explain if so)

• Total voters
Best answers
[Read everything CAREFULLY before you post and be honest]
[Don't vote if you don't understand what I'm going to say, just post and I'll try to explain better]

K I don't know how everyone will respond to this idea but here it goes.

Instead of just being able to Target the enemy, you should also be able to target the wall. This is what I mean. You target a wall, then you target an enemy. So you'll have 2 targets. When you press right click, you will swoop towards the wall you targeted first, then you'd spring off it and swoop towards the enemy.

If you target more then 1 thing, then you there should be a little number above the target so you won't get confused. So for the example above you'd see a 1 on the wall you targeted and a 2 on the enemy you targeted.

You could also target 2 walls then an enemy.

Or also you could target 2 enemies. So after you swooped and punched one guy, you'd automatically swoop towards another.

Doing this would most likely drain a bit more ki because you have to swoop towards the wall/enemy(whatever you targeted) then swoop towards the wall/enemy.

Also if you swoop towards a wall, when you spring off it the next 2 seconds your speed should double or at least be faster. Your ki should also drain a bit faster while your springing off the wall.

This should also be done in the melee right now. If your on the ground, when you melee someone, the first 2 seconds should be a bit slow unless your on the ground where your legs could bend and spring off the ground.

THX for reading. (If you didn't read carefully then read again or post what you don't understand)

Best answers
Yeah excellent idea!!

That is true. You should start off slow when your swooping towards someone unless you start off the ground.

Best answers
:yes: Wonderful idea. This could really confuse your enemies in areas that have lots of walls near by.

Best answers
This is trully an excellent idea. I assume you don't just mean the walls, you should also be able to target the floor and ceiling.

Best answers
Fantastic idea Farago!!!

For sure you wouldn't be able to target someone twice in a row, but could you target someone, then target someone else, then target the first person again? If so that would be cool.

If 2 people were double teaming on someone, you could target both of them and melee them both.

Best answers
I got an idea. Angle_Fire's idea was good but then someone could just click someone, then click someone else, and back to the first person, then back to the second person again and again.
I say after you melee, your ki goes down a bit. This would limit your attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has to be one of the best idea's i have ever seen on these forums. I like it a lot!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Best answers
The options on the poll isn't really fair. You have the worst idea in the world but you don't have the best idea in the world. LOL :)

Best answers
I really don't see a reason why you shouldn't put this in the game.

Best answers
bad idea. yeah....it sounds nice. but if that would happen then u could target every1 in the other team and go on a melee killing spree!! every1 even the good players would hate it. and how the hell will u b able to target the wall?? what about if the enemy gets killed? so the wall stays targeted, and then when i target some1 else that i know for sure im going to hit him if i melee him now, when i swoop...i swoop to the wall!! and by that time he gets the picture, turns aroung, and starts charging a kamehameha waiting for me to come. and what if i dont want the wall to b targeted? how do i untarget it? or what if the enemy and the wall are too far away from each other? then when i swoop to the enemy then the wall is detargeted and then i try to swoop to the wall! but oops!! its not targeted anymore and what a surprise!! now the enemy isn't too!

think about it. it could have been nice, i admire ur sence of creativity and ur thinking mind but im sorry...i c it as a no

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
been suggested with a better controll idea by the testers a while ago

instead of making bad multitargeting which would be a pain in the ass to code in and get it not confusing u would just target one person and swoop at a wall and hit jump when u hit it and u rebound off

wouldnt be so crapy as targeting the wall cause u would mess up so oftin and target the wall by acident not to mention wouldnt be as confusing and hard to impliment as multiple targeting

Best answers
yeah i kinda agree with hibiki, it suck if you accidently clicked the wrong thing (someones swooping towards you, and you go to target them and knock them back, you miss, swoop towards the wall just behind them, fly into them, get knocked around). I like the targeting multiple enemies idea though, you could use a button to switch between focusing on target 1 and target 2, itd make 2 and 3 on one battles wayyy more fun.

Best answers
I like any idea that will make the game more real seeming all these ideas are great keep up the good work.

Best answers
Well you could just easily cancle or stop your swoop by pressing right click again. Also to reset all your targets just press double click left click. Or you you could also just zanzoken out of your swoop as well.

In reply to {-S-T-S-}:
You wouldn't be able to target everyone and go on a killing spree.

1. You'd most likely run out of.
2. If one person counters or blocks your attack all your targets will disappear.
3. Umm people arn't dumb, if someone see a guy meleeing people 1 at a time, the person would charge up an attack and will acually be waiting until the person starts swooping towards him.

If you target a wall and then an enemy and by the time you sprang off the wall the enemy had died, then oviously the enemy would be untargeted, however you wouldn't know that so you'd still spring off the wall but then stop. You wouldn't continue to the next target. And like I said you just stop any time like it is right now.

I really don't understand what your trying to say at the end of your post. But you swoop in order of how you targeted. But if an enemy dies be before you swoop towards him then it ends.

IN REPLY TO HIBIKI's:
Well if you just target someone, wouldn't you swoop towards him and not the wall when you press left click. Unless you make it like Piccollo's scatter ball attack that you press 2 twice to change the mode. So you'd need to press 1 twice to change the style of your melee.

But you have a point. Most likely your going to keep missing your enemy and target the wall. So I think to target a wall you'd have to hold a botten, say Ctrl then left click.

Best answers
Targeting the wall by holding a botten sounds like a good idea.
I'd prefer shift rather then Ctrl but you should be able to set it up.
This would prevent accidents like, wanting to target an enemy but miss and target the wall or vise versa.

Here's acually goo stadegys if this was put in the game.

1. Hold the botten and target the wall behind the enemy. Then target your enemy. Once you swoop, if the enemy dodges it, you'll spring off the wall behind the enemy and bam he won't expect it and you'll melee him.

2. If an enemy is in a middle of a room, have a teamate target the wall on the left, and then target the enemy. Then you target the wall on the right and then the enemy. Swoop at the same time and he'll have trouble dodging 2 guys. Would be more effective of more then 2 people did this.

Best answers
You could also target a wall then an enemy, then have the enemy follow you, then swoop towards the wall, spring off it and melee the enemy.

Yeah to make a biit harder, I think you should have to press the jump botten to spring off the wall.

Best answers
i have to agree with hibiki too. and i swear i was gonna say the same thing :p i mean make the player able to jump off walls and stuff .. ect

Best answers
I think there should also be a way to target mid air. I think this can be done by just going to the spot you want to targe, hold the botten down and press right click instead of left. This can be a useful turning point when you swoop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another needlessly complicated idea that could've been much better without the ridiculous system behind it.

*****ALL POSTERS TAKE NOTE*****
The object of designing a gameplay element comes in two phases--deciding what the player is going to be able to do, and then deciding how the player is going to do it. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THE SIMPLEST MOST INTUITIVE METHOD FOR IMPLEMENTING THE FEATURE BE USED TO KEEP GAMEPLAY RUNNING SMOOTHLY.

That being said, I think I will agree with Hibiki and say that this control scheme is not as good as say, just swooping towards the wall and jumping off of it (or even "meleeing" the wall by holding right click as you hit it).

It could be a good way to quickly turn around and shoot the opposite direction in a pinch if you miss with your initial swoop, for instance.

If they're going to let you target multiple enemies...why not just take the target away completely and make it just swoop straight out off the bat? Not that I like that idea but what I'm saying is, by my formula above, here's what we're saying:

WHAT WE WANT THE PLAYER TO DO: Be able to kick off of walls
BEST (EASIEST) WAY FOR THEM TO DO IT: No targeting,t hat's extra clicking and extra aiming. Why not just press jump when you are up against a wall during a swoop? Or hold right click? Simple, right? Same effect, right? And then, only TALENTED players can pull off the combos with it, an added bonus.

Also, by that example...consider this:

WHAT WE WANT THE PLAYER TO DO: Attack multiple opponents with melee more efficiently.
BEST (EASIEST) WAY FOR THEM TO DO IT: Target multiple people? Automatically diving towards the next target? A whole extra button mapped to switching between them? Blah. Take away the lock (which doesn't even really lock...it's more like it enables you to swoop, since you swoop the direction your facing and not towards the enemy) if you want this ability. Or rather make it temporarily lock on enemies you have in your sites, and lock onto another enemy if you happen to have him in your sites and click on him.

Don't make it needlessly complicated, and it can be a good idea!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop using polls to bring back dead threads >.<

Closed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom