Swoop Suggestions

Best answers
I like the turbo = swoop idea, I've actually been thinking about it for a while... maybe after some sleep I'll muster up a more final suggestion though =P
That would be BFP style melee, won?t it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be BFP style melee, won?t it?
never played bfp. zeonix, after swooping you'll be recharging that drained ki anyway, thus will go out of swoop, so it works out =o

Best answers
My suggestion for swooping has two parts. The first part is actually what Grega has said, which I had also said in another thread, where they should bring back the old swoop, but with the new system of chaining. My second part is, being able to teleport while swooping. Now, it may seem like it will be unfair, but it's really not. If you teleport while swooping, it takes some of that stamina away for every single one you do. It could also come at a pretty high ki cost. I initially came up with this idea to work with the 1.3 swoop, since you can't stop to teleport and then swoop again. Then, I just figured, "Well, the old swoop was better, so why not just make it less of a hassle to use teleports, and swoop at the same time, with the 1.2 swoop?" Please, tell me what you guys think of my idea. I think it would just make it easier to play more on the offensive side, but it comes with a cost.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My suggestion for swooping has two parts. The first part is actually what Grega has said, which I had also said in another thread, where they should bring back the old swoop, but with the new system of chaining. My second part is, being able to teleport while swooping. Now, it may seem like it will be unfair, but it's really not. If you teleport while swooping, it takes some of that stamina away for every single one you do. It could also come at a pretty high ki cost. I initially came up with this idea to work with the 1.3 swoop, since you can't stop to teleport and then swoop again. Then, I just figured, "Well, the old swoop was better, so why not just make it less of a hassle to use teleports, and swoop at the same time, with the 1.2 swoop?" Please, tell me what you guys think of my idea. I think it would just make it easier to play more on the offensive side, but it comes with a cost.
I would much agree with that idea given the current state of the swoop system in the open beta, making it impossible to glide or combine tele without reaching for shift inbetween swooping (and, seems to hurt my hand a lot more then and a lot more quickly then after playing 1.2 for an hour+ or more.

One of the things that annoys me about the 1.3 swoop system is the fact that in 1.2, you swooped and then jumped of the ground (a form of gliding most people will be familiar with) to get around the map. This was a very ki efficient and tactical way of moving around the map.

Best answers
For that reason I said
the swoop and dash needs a butom, when you hold that and some arrow, you swoop ,when you loosen that butom, you stop and you dont need loosen the arrow, and can teleport easily , and swoop again only holding the swoop butom ( in all time you dont need loosen the arrow)
Hold, Loosen one butom , i think its easy
whit the system of press 2 times a arrow you need loosen that arrow, hold again and the teleport butom to teleport, and swoop again whit press 2 times that arrow
its a bit to hard and slow in close combat

Edit:And i agree whit Mccdbz5 i like that idea too

what do you think of this?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Combine your teleport during swoop idea with my swoop system and we are golden.

Best answers
well you see i HOPE and WANT(please make it real in 1.3 release) the swoop and charge boosting can go infinity until you are out of ki , that just like in the real dbz show, and have you ever see a z fighter only swoop for 5 sec???
even open beta is kind of infinity , but my finger can't take it ,and the most of all it doesn't looks like dragonball z 's style in animation , and time is abit to short. i expect the1.3release can have an infinity release system.

sorry for so much talking....my bad!!!

any system important part is infinity/like in dragonball z/gt

Best answers
i think the chain swoop consumes so much ki, i dont know why the game need be like the player more skilled to save ki in the fly wins, i prefer a fight where the more fast player wins, i think the chain swoop/dash drain ki x2 for time need be off

other thing, acctualy the swoop its very low and have much delay, some reason for that? to travel long distances? i prefer use the beam boost, may the swoop whit that delay can be more fast , and when i say more fast i say much more than the actualy
To start the fight very far , and when the fighters are near and loose the swoop, use the dash ( u cant use the swoop near of the oponent becouse you have a big delay )

EDIT: I think the chain swoop/dash in the same direction , yes need drain x2 for time , in other direction no

EDIT2: and when the swoop/dash system ''you unhold the arrow and you comes to stop'' is implemented, the people after some fights comes to play whitout chain to save ki, and that s more fatigue fot the fingers

Best answers
i think the chain swoop consumes so much ki, i dont know why the game need be like the player more skilled to save ki in the fly wins, i prefer a fight where the more fast player wins, i think the chain swoop/dash drain ki x2 for time need be off

other thing, acctualy the swoop its very low and have much delay, some reason for that? to travel long distances? i prefer use the beam boost, may the swoop whit that delay can be more fast , and when i say more fast i say much more than the actualy
To start the fight very far , and when the fighters are near and loose the swoop, use the dash ( u cant use the swoop near of the oponent becouse you have a big delay )

EDIT: I think the chain swoop/dash in the same direction , yes need drain x2 for time , in other direction no

EDIT2: and when the swoop/dash system ''you unhold the arrow and you comes to stop'' is implemented, the people after some fights comes to play whitout chain to save ki, and that s more fatigue fot the fingers
sorry man, but i dont really agree with that, just watch the dragon ball z/gt
the swoop can continue like an hour , and in esf , only 5 sec, i think we need to do it until you are out of ki, or at least 10to15 in a same direction,
if you guys don't like it, then i suggest that 1.3's dash swoop is better then 1.2 's

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been testing out the cvars and dash is actually pretty effective with the changes, but swoop is...just there.

So I need info. Is dash supposed to be specifically for advanced melee and swoop for simple melee, or what?

I set max_dash_time to 1.5, ki_cost_dash to 10, and chain_dash_ki to 51 which allows a max of 6 (It's actually 5, since you basically run out of ki as soon as you try for the 6th) chain swoops. Now, with these settings dash seems like a viable means of transportation and an excellent way to initiate both simple melee and advanced melee.

But again, swoop is kinda just there. I know it's supposed to be our means to travel long distances, but it just doesn't seem like that...really works out unless you stick with the really, really short dash time. I guess you guys probably will, but I just thought I'd suggest combining both swoops once again.

Best answers
sorry man, but i dont really agree with that, just watch the dragon ball z/gt
the swoop can continue like an hour , and in esf , only 5 sec, i think we need to do it until you are out of ki, or at least 10to15 in a same direction,
if you guys don't like it, then i suggest that 1.3's dash swoop is better then 1.2 's
Sory man, but can you remember goku in the snake way?goku after some time, cant fly..... or krillin and gohan after the genkidama in frieza saga? they fly very slow....they need ki to fly, and in the all serie, the characters when they are very weak, fly very slow

The only true is, in the serie the characters consume a little bit ammount of ki,and whitout ki can fly but very slow, whitout dash or swoop, nothing more

Best answers
Sory man, but can you remember goku in the snake way?goku after some time, cant fly..... or krillin and gohan after the genkidama in frieza saga? they fly very slow....they need ki to fly, and in the all serie, the characters when they are very weak, fly very slow

The only true is, in the serie the characters consume a little bit ammount of ki,and whitout ki can fly but very slow, whitout dash or swoop, nothing more
nope that's when they 're out of ki, and that's what i'm talking about, swoop until out of ki

super buu flew from the place that goku vs majin vegeta to look out
gotenks flew around the earth both like far distance swoop, and it's fast
theres no mistake it's swooping

if you think because they're strong then watch cell flew to the island to find 18
vegeta swoop to the island from look out
goku swoop to cell game (even human like tien etc.)
and kid trunks flew all the way to finding vegeta when vegeta is fighting buu

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope that's when they 're out of ki, and that's what i'm talking about, swoop until out of ki

if you think because they're strong then watch cell flew to the island to find 18
But you are mistaking the limited ESF space to the nearly limitless DBZ space.

Best answers

becouse in that part of the saga... the characters are very strong and have more regeneration of ki than the raditz saga
when goku dont have ki to fly in the snake way
fly drian ki, if they have more regeneration of ki than the ki drains , that is other point

Sincered i think the game play is good, i like the idea of fly for long time, and i like the close fights whitout much chargeups, but anyway is very good

but i think the esf need give more diference in the advantages and disadvantages for the swoop and dash.
i think the big disaadvantage of swoop is the delay, you cant start a swoop in a close combat,for that reason can have minus drain of ki and more diference in the speed (more swoop or minus dash) to travel and say, i prefer 10 times the swoop to travel and start far a close melee combat than the dash
and dash only after swoop(when you are in close combat and loost the swoop) better in close combats becouse dont have delay , but have minus speed and have more ki drain in the starts

Edit: actually you have more ki drain in the swoop than the dash after a long travel... swoop have the delay.. and swoop/dash have similar speeds

Best answers
becouse in that part of the saga... the characters are very strong and have more regeneration of ki than the raditz saga
when goku dont have ki to fly in the snake way
fly drian ki, if they have more regeneration of ki than the ki drains , that is other point

Sincered i think the game play is good, i like the idea of fly for long time, and i like the close fights whitout much chargeups, but anyway is very good

but i think the esf need give more diference in the advantages and disadvantages for the swoop and dash.
i think the big disaadvantage of swoop is the delay, you cant start a swoop in a close combat,for that reason can have minus drain of ki and more diference in the speed (more swoop or minus dash) to travel and say, i prefer 10 times the swoop to travel and start far a close melee combat than the dash
and dash only after swoop(when you are in close combat and loost the swoop) better in close combats becouse dont have delay , but have minus speed and have more ki drain in the starts

Edit: actually you have more ki drain in the swoop than the dash after a long travel... swoop have the delay.. and swoop/dash have similar speeds
i don't get you, and i said swoop until out of ki , don't use time limit.....
do you mean esf won't make long distance swoop come true??? and now i don't care about how long it make , just all i want is swoop out of ki, not time limit and the other game plays are great

Best answers
sory, im wrong whit some words, but way you said...
im said the same thing xD

that cant be like that becouse , when 2 players crash whit punchs , wins the first player in start the swoop, but may can have swoops in the same direction

Best answers
sory, im wrong whit some words, but way you said...
im said the same thing xD

that cant be like that becouse , when 2 players crash whit punchs , wins the first player in start the swoop, but may can have swoops in the same direction
what i mean is swoop until you are out of ki, like you charge than let go , swoop until the blue bar is empty, right now is no matter how many ki you left still 4 second.
and goten and trunks flew from the city , cross ocean to see wizard and i have no idea why am i talk about it right now

Best answers
oh yeah , the things you solent and i said are useless, because esf right now don't check it, or i dont know if they care, because only you are answer my post

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already asked that we have full control over dash/swoop and that they allow us to swoop until our ki has run dry.

Short answer is: Not gonna happen.

Best answers
anyway.. the swoop is better than the first release, but i think he dont have good advantages, the speed is same, the ki cost its more in the swoop, and swoop have delay.. i think the swoop and dash need more diference and advantages and disadvantages

may can be something like that...

in the 2 options the swoop its a bit more fast than the dash ( or the dash more slow)

1) like the actual, but the swoop have minus ki drain than the dash , or same but not more
to have a swoop better in all points exept in the delay, to say the swoop is great , i want use that for travel or start a melee combat at far distances, and dash bad but the only option to fast moments when you loose the swoop, and in that form the people coming to wants make situations in the melee combat to have the posibility to start a swoop (becouse is better than the dash, but you need are in a good situation for the delay)

2)same the 1) but you can reswoop in the same direction whit a low ki drain, but when you want chain in other you have a big ki drain, in that form you can fly whit chains in the same direction whit a low ki cost , but you cant fight good in close combats, and when 2 peoples are swooping and crash, win the player than start first the swoop or reswoop

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom