Swoop Suggestions

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just as the title implies, post all of your swoop related suggestions here. At the moment, the beta testers (and team members) aren't satisfied with how swoop is handled; it feels clunky in some aspects, and could definitely use some improvements. Before you guys go crazy though, two quick notes..
1) The dash model is temporary; we know it looks ugly, but we just needed 'something' instead of the aura for testing purposes. Sometime in the near future we'll get a better dash model
2) http://www.skinner3d.com/bugs/view.php?id=65 - That's a feature, not a bug. Scroll down to the bottom to see my comment about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just as the title implies, post all of your swoop related suggestions here. At the moment, the beta testers (and team members) aren't satisfied with how swoop is handled; it feels clunky in some aspects, and could definitely use some improvements. Before you guys go crazy though, two quick notes..
1) The dash model is temporary; we know it looks ugly, but we just needed 'something' instead of the aura for testing purposes. Sometime in the near future we'll get a better dash model
2) http://www.skinner3d.com/bugs/view.php?id=65 - That's a feature, not a bug. Scroll down to the bottom to see my comment about it.
You know me and Ready are pressing for this one.

Make dash more like the 1.2 swoop. While still keeping the basics of how you initiate it and chain it. You should be able to end it any time by letting go of the button.

Basically instead of the length being predetermined you should simply maintain direction by holding down the direction key. If you let go of it you stop like in 1.2.3

Since the way it is now its pretty annoying that you cant drop out of swoop and flight. Not to mention there is almost no use wall jumps since you can hardly ever time it right so that the dash ends at the very moment you are at a wall. (wall jump is useless ATM ^^)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely agree with Grega. His suggestion would make Dash a lot more useful, in my opinion.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've stressed those points myself grega, so I 100% agree with you D:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Grega for president ! :laff:

Same opinion as Grega ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have one thats basically irrelevant but kind of makes sense

when your fully charged for a swoop your capable of busting through objects such as trees and buildings (the destructables)?

EDIT:
this next one may affect gameplay considerably. right now when you do a swoop and hit someone the swoop ends and you have to wait for your powerlevel to go down in order to charge up another. how it should work is that after you hit someone or stop you should be able to hold shift and double tap again and it instantly goes into another swoop(maybe with a set ki reduction) without having to wait for your pl to go back down

and of course everything grega said

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have one thats basically irrelevant but kind of makes sense

when your fully charged for a swoop your capable of busting through objects such as trees and buildings (the destructables)?

EDIT:
this next one may affect gameplay considerably. right now when you do a swoop and hit someone the swoop ends and you have to wait for your powerlevel to go down in order to charge up another. how it should work is that after you hit someone or stop you should be able to hold shift and double tap again and it instantly goes into another swoop(maybe with a set ki reduction) without having to wait for your pl to go back down

and of course everything grega said

You dont need to doubletap for swoop. But i agree that you should be able to recharge your turbo as soon as you let go of your turbo button.

Not have to wait till your PL gets low enough.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swoop should be faster the longer you charge turbo i believe to give you more of a reason to hold it down longer

i like dark's idea about continuing the swoop after hitting once, but i think after one hit, you should still have swoop on automatically so u can chase your opponent, especially since knockbacks have been dramatically increased

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
swoop should be faster the longer you charge turbo i believe to give you more of a reason to hold it down longer

i like dark's idea about continuing the swoop after hitting once, but i think after one hit, you should still have swoop on automatically so u can chase your opponent, especially since knockbacks have been dramatically increased
The dramatically increased part is in 1.2 as well. Thats what happens if you disable advanced melee in 1.2

But yea as said. You should just press down turbo and launch a second swoop. No delays in waiting till your PL goes back down.

Best answers
I would prefer if it were like 1.2. It was just so solid and smooth, I figured you guys wouldn't have messed with it, but you did. =(

Best answers
I agree with Grega

The hold and release to cancel worked great in 1.23

But reverting back to that raises the issue of gliding, while it wasnt exactly in the realm of dbz, it became a huge part of esf, I personally think gliding should stay, while it was fast, and consumed next to no ki (and you recharged during your fall) it was rather hard to aim, which prevented people from spamming it in an offensive capacity.

Now, in terms of knockback, I have a suggestion, which has probably been suggested before..

Everyone knows the double hit to kiblast combo, I personally think during the knockback period, if you stop yourself quickly, it should be much more abrupt, and cause the air to push outwards deflecting any kiblasts (maybe not beams of a certain strength), leaving only enough space for 1, or in the hands of a skilled player, none.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about making dashing whot no aura on it and you can stop whenever you want ? and swoop to be a little biger

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally have always wanted a swoop button. You press it, you start to swoop. You press it again, you stop swooping. That would allow gliding to come back (I really miss gliding) and it would be a very simple concept for one to understand. Chain-swooping would work the way it works now (you press another direction while swooping, you go that direction). When you start out the swoop, you swoop in whatever direction your character is moving. The only downside is that you need to add another key, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

As for dashing, I personally don't see a point to having more than one swoop mode, but if that's what you guys want, it could be to kept double tapping, but it needs to stop when you tell it to stop [ie: letting go of the key]

Keep it simple.

Best answers
I feel the same way about gliding, that was probably one of the funnest aspect of the game, and a good way to save your energy while getting acrossed the map. I belive there should be a one click foward swoop, and then maybe you can double tap to charge up a swoop in different directions.

maybe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since everyone wants a one button swoop, why not just have at the press of turbo, you're automatically in swoop mode? If you're not holding any direction down, you'd be stationary. Would give the player a lot of control, and if you want to glide, just press turbo again then you're gliding.

However, keep the charged turbo. The longer the charge, the faster you'll be, at the cost of your ki draining faster. Also when you charge your turbo, stamina would start to drain a little at a time. The more charge, the faster the drain on stamina to prevent spammage.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the turbo = swoop idea, I've actually been thinking about it for a while... maybe after some sleep I'll muster up a more final suggestion though =P

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like the idea of a turbo button like sub mentions ..
I personally have always wanted a swoop button. You press it, you start to swoop. You press it again, you stop swooping. That would allow gliding to come back (I really miss gliding) and it would be a very simple concept for one to understand. Chain-...

If turbo = swoop ( imkongkong ), then you cant use the dashing with turbo on, makes the game alot more basic and simpler. Is it good or bad, not sure...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub didn't say turbo = swoop. Imkongkong did.

I prefer stopping after I let go of the key, rather than having to tap it to stop.

Best answers
Sub didn't say turbo = swoop. Imkongkong did.

I prefer stopping after I let go of the key, rather than having to tap it to stop.
yes i think the swoop and dash needs be like that or maybe a butom to dash, when you hold the butom and some arrow , you going to dash, when you let go of the dash butom and you follow holding the arrow or not, you going to stop, i think is more easy to going to teleport , in the actual you dont have a good control whit the swoop and dash, if you go to atack the oponent whit melee, and the apononent are charging and throw a power, you have problems if you want teleport or cover, and i think, in the dash , you cant know when the oponent release the dash ( to go to attack him ) may be,,, the dash can have a start animation, to knows when the oponent release the dash

EDIT: i think may be the swoop butom mode idea its going to be a bit difficult to teleport fast in a close melee combat or others moments , i like more, you hold dash or swoop butom, you swoop, you dont hold you stop, if you are holding an arrow too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom