Superman/Batman Movie now official!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joker is a tough character to cast. Heath Ledger was probably the best joker and, imo, he was really only alright at it. Didn't bring any of the silly absurdity that we come to expect.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen nothing that states he'll be in the next film.

Also, just cast Jim Carrey as Joker. He has the build, he has the acting chops. He just needs the direction.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
^Awesome, memes are the best thing ever. Got a mom joke as well? I haven't read one on this board in like 5 minutes and it's tearing me apart.

Heath Ledger was a good villain but a pretty "meh" Joker. Also everytime I hear Jim Carrey I just remember his over-the-top and inaccurate portrayal of the Riddler. Ugh, that movie was terrible.

The Joker should be Sean Connery.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jim Carrey playing it straight as a madman would be pretty ******* amazing. Hell, even toward the end of that abortion of a Batman movie, he played a Dark Riddler for about 2 minutes and it was kind of scary to see that transformation from zany to madman.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't need a fat, old Joker who doesn't want to use the Joker voice anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just to clear up how Batman defeats Superman, In the comics Supes gives Batman a Kryptonite ring because he trusts him to get shit done. In Dark Night Returns he figured out how to Synthesize Kryptonite and had Green Arrow shoot arrows that exploded into Kryptonite Dust Clouds and Batman preceded to wreck Supe's shit with some armor. In Dark Night Returns 2 Batman has well, Gauntlets of Pure Kryptonite.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And all of that worked because Superman didn't punch Batman at the speed of light.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i believe Zeo was referring to this?

--- edit ---

that said...

this is what would really happen between supes and batman:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
He couldn't do that around Kryptonite. He loses all of his powers around Kryptonite. He is still stronger than the average human though Kryptonite Gauntlets would wreck his shit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you overstate kryptonites ability to weaken superman. although it has an instant affect on him, it doesn't instantly depower him, his power decreases over time by being around it.

also, that's Superman Prime. Kryptonite has no affect on him.

also, when a human laces their clothing with enough Kryptonite to give them the edge against supes, they die of cancer.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think you overstate kryptonites ability to weaken superman. although it has an instant affect on him, it doesn't instantly depower him, his power decreases over time by being around it.

also, that's Superman Prime. Kryptonite has no affect on him.

also, when a human laces their clothing with enough Kryptonite to give them the edge against supes, they die of cancer.
Well it does have an instant affect on him. He loses all of his power down to being above the average human's strength. He would die if exposed to it over time.

Here's what happens in Dark Night Strikes Again (Sequel to Dark Night Returns)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhuh...

so you're citing one source against many? hell in the superman returns movie he lifted an entire continent made of the stuff off of the planet.

whatever.

this entire argument revolves around one simple premis:
that batman has time to prepare.

without enough time, he is dead. flat out dead. dead, dead, dead.

from DC:
1.In various stories, Superman is shown to have become immune to the effects of green Kryptonite due to either repeated non-fatal exposure, continuous long-term absorption of solar radiation, or extremely high short-term exposure to the sun.
2.Green Kryptonite is typically shown to have no short-term effects on humans or non-superpowered Kryptonians. However, in post-Crisis continuity, long-term exposure can cause radiation poisoning in humans, similar to long-term exposure to uranium.
3.In both the post Crisis comics and the cartoon series Justice League Unlimited it is shown that prolonged exposure to Kryptonite causes Humans to contract cancer. Lex Luthor gets cancer due to his constant exposure.

so, you're relying on superman being neither immune to Kryptonite (which several versions of him are, especially Prime), or not having been exposed to the sun recently... think of it like this:
Superman runs on solar energy, kryptonite is like a sponge in his engine, it will suck up as much of that energy as possible for the amount of kryptonite. But if there's too much energy, the kryptonite will take a very long time to soak it all up.

you're also relying on batman to have had enough time to prepare that he can actually use the stuff, but not so much time that he gets cancer from it.

in either case, and especially in the cases of immunity, batman loses.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
uhuh...

so you're citing one source against many? hell in the superman returns movie he lifted an entire continent made of the stuff off of the planet.

whatever.
I think everyone can agree Superman Returns was the Star Wars Episode I of the series and Superman IV being the Christmas Special.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Returns was by no means a bad movie. It was just blatantly in love with the Donner films.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disliked it. It just seemed so...I dunno. Emotionless, maybe? There was just something about the atmosphere to that movie that I disliked. It may have been the lack of connection of superman to the viewer.

Also, who managed to skillfully troll this thread into a batman/superman debate?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think everyone can agree Superman Returns was the Star Wars Episode I of the series and Superman IV being the Christmas Special.
okay let's play it that way then...

Batman has been beaten in a bad way by many other humans who haven't had any super powers or special abilities other than being "above average in strength" plenty of times. he's never gone against someone who, from a mile away, could melt him with eyeball lasers.

the most notable exception is against darkseid in the justice league cartoons, but that was a very very desperate attempt to keep batman relevant in a cartoon full of super beings. the reality here is very simple, in an out and out fight between superman and batman, batman loses. kryptonite can only weaken superman in a certain radius, it cannot nullify his powers once they're in use, it doesn't cancel out his heat vision or freeze breath, it can't stop eyeball lasers (which would, i imagine, just split apart as in any other prism). it also can't save batman from having superman simply destroy the foundations to the building they're fighting in, and then stand there while batman dies and superman doesn't. hell, superman could just move behind batman faster than he could react, and knock the kryptonite, along with his hand, for several miles before the substance even had an effect.

batman loses. every time.

the ONLY thing that makes batman special in the DC universe is that he's a "good" guy who seems to stand up with the big guns. in reality, he's just the bank manager for the justice league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom