Superman/Batman Movie now official!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Warner Bros said:
On the heels of the worldwide success of Man of Steel, director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time —Batman and Superman —for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures. The current hit, Man of Steel, has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.
Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/report-supermanbatman-movie-planned

The biggest deal was, Snyder brought out Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) to use his cool voice to read the following piece of dialogue:

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.​

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, all about another Man of Steel. On the other, I have my doubts as to how good of a script Goyer can come up with using both characters, especially considering how lacking MoS was in that dept. What they need to do is focus on Batman as a menacing vigilante capable of taking down anyone or anything. No Bruce Wayne, and no crying about mommy and daddy. If we're going to have Batman, he needs to be the most fearsome, intelligent iteration we've seen thus far. Why? Because after MoS, and after seeing what Supes is truly capable of physically, it doesn't make sense for Batman to be some dude in a mask fighting Scarecrow. He needs to be a Tier 1 character, and we never really got to see that in Nolan's franchise due to it being relatively realistic. This Batman needs to show the world that humanity is to be feared, and in a battle between Man and God, Man can win, and will win. MoS Supes can be outsmarted, can be outmaneuvered and can be beaten. Snyder is a huge fan of Batman, so I expect this Batman to be balls to the wall awesome.

But again, worried about the script. I have 100% faith in Snyder's ability to make a visually awesome film (meaning inspiring awe), so at least we'll have that to fall back on.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh, I am gonna be pretty pessimistic about a cross-over like this. Not that it can't be awesome, but it'll require like perfect -everything- to be a good movie. Need the right batman, Christian Bale won't cut it. Need the right Supermale, I heard MoS Supies was pretty good but I never got around to seeing it. They also need a villain that Superman can't take out on his own, but one that Batman can still match against so most of the superman villains are immediately out (now that they've used Zod). If the antagonist is too smart, there's no use for Superman but if he's too strong, then there's no reason Batman needs to be around.

That's a tough movie to make, man.

Best answers
theres a bunch of cool stuff that came out of comic con and this is one of my favorite pieces of news. A 2015 release sounds reasonable, I think initially it was 2014 which seems too rushed but I think they got it down now. It's gonna be a 3 part thing Man of Steel, the sequel and then a Justice League movie which I predict will be 2017......

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehh, I am gonna be pretty pessimistic about a cross-over like this. Not that it can't be awesome, but it'll require like perfect -everything- to be a good movie. Need the right batman, Christian Bale won't cut it. Need the right Supermale, I heard MoS Supies was pretty good but I never got around to seeing it. They also need a villain that Superman can't take out on his own, but one that Batman can still match against so most of the superman villains are immediately out (now that they've used Zod). If the antagonist is too smart, there's no use for Superman but if he's too strong, then there's no reason Batman needs to be around.

That's a tough movie to make, man.
Luthor/Braniac. Both are highly intelligent, both capable of creating mayhem on a grand scale, and both are capable of being manhandled and defeated by both Batman and Supes.

Also, do yourself a favor and see MoS. For whatever reason, a lot of people didn't like it. It's probably the best Superman movie we've gotten thus far, though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, those would be good characters. I would probably go Braniac since Luthor is already "beaten".

And yeah, I do really want to see it. Just didn't have the time. Superman is one of those characters where if you change even the most minor thing about him, such as making him seem like anything but an emotionless drone, 50 people for every theater in the US lose their shit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Luthor is going to play a huge role, regardless of how prevalent he's been in the films thus far. He is Superman's mirror in much the same way Joker is Batman's, and its almost necessary to play on that. I'm sure Luthor will be found declaring Superman a threat to humanity after the events of MoS, and he wouldn't be entirely wrong.

Also, if anything, Superman is far too emotional, especially considering what he's packing. I'd like to see a Superman unleashed, eventually, in much the same vein as what usually occurs when Darkseid is thrown in the mix and begins murdering civilians. Even in MoS, Supes is holding back the entire time because he thinks he can talk down his enemies.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm curious as to why they need to be teaming up in the first film. Use the Batman vs Superman comic as your gateway. Batman 'wins' in the end (majority of the fights had between these two have been won by Bats and would go along with what Zeo said about how Man vs God, Man can still win), and see how well the movie does then move onto the formation of the Justice League. Use the second movie as Batman and Superman on a team, another foe pops up and they need more help, so on and so on... actually, this idea could use some work, but would be a good way to milk a franchise. I expect nothing short of this from Hollywood!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wha...?
Superman is, as far as I know, invulnerable to all but Kryptonite, in contact to which he goes into a 'healing coma'. He can move planets around with ease.

He gets beaten by a rich guy? Really? CAPITALISM SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES.:shocked:

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Geez, kryptonite must be pretty abundant. xD
No, but with Batman's wealth and resources he's able to get whatever amount there is.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Geez, kryptonite must be pretty abundant. xD
Batman's able to beat anything if he has any amount of time to prepare. Considering he's always prepared, you can naturally see where I'm going.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Braniac is a villain I'd go just for that. Always thought he was a cool villain in the cartoons (never been a big comic reader)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back to the Batman vs. Superman thing, Batman wins because Superman allows it. It goes back to a panel where Batman realizes something along the lines of, "Deep down, Clark is a good person. And deep down, I'm not." So even when Clark is being possessed by magic, and he seems like he's out of control, he's still holding back the majority of his strength and power. He gives his allies every opportunity to take him down when he temporarily goes rogue, including arming Batman with the one substance that can weaken Superman enough to make him mortal. He trusts Batman to use it because he's the one person who won't let something like emotional ties or scruples stop him from what needs to be done.

That said, if Superman actually said **** it, and went rogue, there isn't a thing Batman could do. Give him all the prep time he wants. It wouldn't be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom