Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, that would be pretty kickass. With some little nifty affect, having the armor fade away in a combustion of sparkles, ect, like with Sheik/Zelda.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Zelda will look in this one. In TP, she looks awesome, I hope they'll give her that concept. Also, I wonder what will become of Ganon? Maybe he'll get redesigned as well.

I just noticed, they haven't revealed Fox. o__o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He might not be completely revamped yet. I read that SSB:B's developer said that they hadn't really completed much, and that this trailer was pretty much all they had to show for their work. That's obviously not to say that what has been shown, isn't really completely freaking awesome, but still, I reckon they're probably still hard at work getting the basics completed.

I have a feeling this trailer is actually part of Brawl's opening cinematic. I also loved how the characters would battle it out on actual arenas with their authentic in-game moves, and it was seamlessly integrated in the rest of the movie, like right before Samus shoots her uber-beam and discards her Varia Suit, and another time is before Metaknight jumps into the fray.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its funny. People were always saying that Smash Bros would be "NINTENDO CHARACTER ONRY!" Seeing Snake...SNAKE of all people join this game proves them all wrong.

Now I'm waiting for Sonic Characters to join the game.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
This may be why I get the next-gen Nintendo console.

me too.... I mean snake... snake... SNAKE

now they just have to add mugen =P

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could careless if they started adding in more 3rd party characters. As longas they can keep the old characters and back up the 3rd party characters with other Nintendo characters, then I am a happy camper.

Oh ****..... I just realized something. You know how when SSB:M came out and they added like 40 different pokemon..... they now have almost 1k of pokemon..... How many are they going to add now?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll totally creamgasm if they add Megaman X or ZERO.

Though it'll most likely not happen, knowing our luck.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you say "Online gameplay" Holy **** I can't ****ing wait for this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Zero was in the game, then I would be unstoppable. In x4 and x5 I barely get hit using Zero. I double jump all the time and slice my enemies to pieces. My god, if he was in the game..... He would be the best character around. They should add King DeeDee into the game, as well as Diddy Kong.

What items do you think they should add?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's ****ing awesome!! I almost cried in joy while watching the vid.
I watched it twice to be sure it's true.
If they add in Zero it would be the best game ever created ^^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd love it if they added Megaman Zero's ZERO. He's more ninja-like and better suited for melee combat. Though I'd also love to have Zero Omega (from the MMX games), who'd have Samus-like projectile attacks as well as powerful Beamsabre attacks.

+dreamy sigh+

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I figure I own with Falco. If I can find a better character than Falco, I'll use them. But until then Falc's ftw! :D God I wanna be able to call up my friend halfway across the U.S and be like "yo, you up for some SSB:B" "Sure dude" and then we play until our thumbs bleed :D

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that online play is going to be as smooth as playing with someone next to you. I have yet to see an online game possessing the almost immediate latency that fighting games require.

Try playing "Dead or Alive" on X-Box live, and you'll see what I'm talking about. You might be able to play with someone in your State at relatively the same speed, but because of the limitations of both the networks information travels on and the speed of light itself, you're going to end up with latency issues.

The game can either slow it down to the point where both people are synchronized, or have both people contact a 'neutral' third-party server, which works for games like HALO, but not Smash Bros.

In any case, we'll see if Nintendo can pull off their first real foray into online gaming.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Who knows, maybe T1 will come down in price to as much as Cable/DSL and we all start using T1.
T1 is slower than cable -.- hence it's cheaper.
T1- 1.5 Mbps
Cable- anywhere from 4mbps to 15mbps

I understand latency is an issue. It's an issue with any and all online games. But a little lag won't stop me from playing with my friends.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then, we will just have to make a frequency that surpasses the speed of light is all.

But it shouldn't be unbearably bad.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I'll totally creamgasm if they add Megaman X or ZERO.

Though it'll most likely not happen, knowing our luck.
Haha that would be nice, or even sonic too. More characters they add the better.

The main thing I hope they improve is a total character balance between everyone. There are characters in SSBM that really suck compared to others. Characters like Pichu, Bowser, mewtwo, Zelda are at the bottom of the list of bads. Samus, mario, doc, ganondorf are around middle tier characters. And shiek, fox, marth, Peach, etc are top tier characters. Theres alot I didn't list but was just giving an example. They should leave the top tier characters alone since they are really good, and just make slight improvements to the worse characters to make them better.

I dont know if anyone here plays competitive smash to understand what I mean, but I hope that wave dashing, L-canceling, and DI can stay the same for the new Smash game.

SailorAlea said:
You guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that online play is going to be as smooth as playing with someone next to you. I have yet to see an online game possessing the almost immediate latency that fighting games require.
Yea he's right in a way. Smash is a very fast paced game, and the slightest lag can be bad for it.

Hey did anyone notice there might be supers in the next smash game. The supers look like ones pulled off in the Marvel vs Capcom series. Pretty crazy lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those supers weren't hard to notice. Mario picked up a Smash Bros. icon pickup, and he got a golden aura thingy around him, then launched some uber sick fireball volley that filled the arena. Link had some uber sword combo, also with the yellow aura, where Mario was trapped in a Triforce symbol while Link pummelled him. Kirby had a cooking-attack, trapping Mario in a big boiling pot of water, obviously making him rather uncomfortable. I'm glad to see the characters getting these character-specific attacks, but I hope they won't become too overpowered. I do also expect to see an option to turn off items, like in the previous two SSB games, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Couldn't they use the same speed as computer use in multiplayer games? That seems logical. Online games run pretty fast.
Games on the "computer," like Warcraft 3, CounterStrike, etc--they don't require the extremely low latency that a fighting game does.

Take ESF for example--lower than 50 ms is usually acceptable, to me. But I prefer under 20ms if possible. 100 or higher and it's pretty shaky.

For a fighting game, where instant response to what your enemy is doing, _extremely_ low latency is required. And in Super Smash Bros., a multiplayer (not just 2-player) game, the connections between three people are very varied.

Let's say one person is in California, one person in Florida, one person in Maine, and one person in Washington (state). Do you think that game is going to be running smoothly, for anyone? No. It'll run like "hot, sick ass."

This isn't just Nintendo's problem, it's the nature of the Internet. Fighting games aren't well suited to being online. But, like I said--if Nintendo finds some magical way to pull it off where Tecmo and Sammy failed, good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom