sumthin a lil different from me.. concept for DS

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so yah, im trying to get back into concepting desert sun, this guy aint exactly a main character but he's quite interesting. well, here he is, and i know there are a few mistakes, but this is the first draft, i'll probably change a few things and do sum other poses wen i get time :rolleyes:

C&C and enjoy!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing, the wind isnt unanimous. It blows his main coat, but not the bottom half of it. Thats it really. X_x;;

Looks real nice.

Best answers
"WOW" *huggles* so cool,O_O i love the detail woahhh ¬_¬ ur way better than meh ,its not fair. >< >< >< XD *kicks a door,hurts foot* >< rofl.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
¬_¬ no ur better than me............ :p

and yeah, i didnt draw the bottom coat thing blowin in the wind cuz its kinda hugging his arse >_< but yeah, it shoulda had a little motion in it ^_^

Best answers
nice job you did there again.(of course i rather want more dbng issues than desert sun :p )and oh my omfg you added stuff at deviantart aaaahhh!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats cool, looks like extreme robo santa claus or somethin. Good job, i like it ^_^

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice concept, the details are very professional.

One thing though, his hands look a little awkward... no big deal though. Desert Sun should and will own.

Best answers
erm thats nice... (critz from a not so good artist/crappy artist) ...

the hands look a bit wierd, his right hand/arm look like they dont have the same perspective as the rest of the body (i think thats right, you know when this drawn from a different angle sort of look), i would of expected to see more of the top of the hand a bit more.

and his left hand, looks odd too. i think its the thumb, looks like u drew the inside of it (palm side) and the thumb doesnt rest in the fingers like that does it? when i clench my fist it rests on top of my fingers, with the nail part of my thumb more or less lying horizontally over the mid part of the rest of my fingers.

also is it me or is there a bit too much texture/muslce on his arms, looks like he doesnt have any skin?

the rest of him looks great, nice job. hope these critz were useful and i know i aint that good at explaining wat i mean so ask if i wasnt clear about somthing and ill try to explain better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^_^ thanks man, yeah i know where ur cumming from about all of it, its just hard making out detail wen ur trying to go for the shiny black effect and the hands were the hardest part >_< i do have a lot of difficulty drawing hands. Thanks for the crits, greatfully recieved ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey thats nice man. keep up the good work and i cant wait to see the first issue of desert sun

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol damn >_< its not red.... its brown.... hmmmm i'll probably change the style of the fur and i'll make it longer and get rid of the skirt thing..... thanks for leting me know >_<

Best answers
the left side of his body(his left) is looking... weird. His hand looks like it was cut off, turned 90 degrees, and reattached. The part you intended to be the webbing between his thumb and forefinger in fact looks like his palm, and his thumb goes out at a right angle, and bends straight under, a feat which I am sure no one is capable of using only one hand. Also his kneedcap is extraordinarily small, and his other one is big in comparison. If you were trying to give the illusion of distance, his legs must be about 30 ft apart. Lastly on his right side, the muscles in his forearm run all the way up through his bicep. In human anatomy, they are anchored just above the elbow.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah, fair nuff ;) u know ur ****, i noticed most of the things u said, some things are down to the shading though, cuz its ment to be just black and white, but i couldnt do that to the scan without it lookin like crap, so sum errors are much more noticeable, but yeah i got to brush up on stuff eh? ^_^ i'll try at least

sorry to add, but yeah, i been studying anatomy at school for about 3 months, and i do have a lot of knowlage on proportions, unlike this pic suggests :fight: but due to my extreme sloppyness of late, things are off slightly here and there, hopefully it'll come back to me

Best answers
sorry bout more critz... but that gun... the end of it (where the bullet comes out off) it seems to be infront of his knee, and unless that gun had a curved barrel it looks odd. i ouold have thought it would be behind or to the side and behind of the knee

just to re-iterate this is a very nice peice of work, just a few minor bits that would have made it even better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah, dont worry about it, i appreciate the help, and yeah, the gun looks a little odd, but i wasnt sure why... anyway, i'll post sum more sketches of different designs of this guy soon

Best answers
It's nice but I don't think the top half of his neck should show, I reckon it'd look better if his GI stretched up all the way to his jaw-bone. Great drawing though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks great, just the neck bothers me abit.donno why, looks wierd..

Best answers
his neck is extremely long looking because the trapezius muscles which normally run from the back of the neck near the base of the skull to just above your shoulder are either non existent, or you just cannot see them due to his jacket. The rest of him is ripped, but his neck and connecting muscles are scrawny ;/ Even tho I am giving you a lot of crits, it really is a great picture david :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom