Struggle meter when hit

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Im thinking that if you are hit by a really strong hit, hit from the side, or hit in the back, the harder it is to recover , and will be shown in the knockback meter.

Another thing you could do is, at the expense of alot of ki, unleash a ki explosion, and stop yourself right where you are.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recovering already takes forever. Setting us up for additional gen balls/beam or ki blasts is not a good idea.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of having a weak point (getting hit from a different direction, directions could differ from class to class as to determine a classes weak point. So if I hit you in the back you would go flyying and your knockback would be further). Not sure aboout your suggestino to have them unleash a ki explosion for them to stop though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
saiyan overlord brings up a good point too. Maybe all characters, or ones that are *less melee oriented* (after reading the 1.3 documents) would recieve longer knockbacks if hit from the side or back, etc.

Or maybe if this would overpower melee too much, it would be the other way around, and characters that are more melee based would recieve the stronger knockback.

Zeo, your thinking about about the way the game is now, but knockbacks and all could be totally different in 1.3 (farther distances, harder to hit with ki blasts).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you're thinking that they'll completely change everything o_O. I can assure you, they're not changing the entire melee system. Just certain aspects of it. Unless the knockback is shorter than it is now (which won't happen) or we recover faster, I don't like the idea too much.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
And you're thinking that they'll completely change everything o_O. I can assure you, they're not changing the entire melee system. Just certain aspects of it. Unless the knockback is shorter than it is now (which won't happen) or we recover faster, I don't like the idea too much.
Stated in the documents there is going to be 3 way adv melee.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm obviously not talking about advanced melee.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Yeah, I'm obviously not talking about advanced melee.
Melee is aspect of the game, no matter what form of melee it be, bsic or advanced. Just thought i'd correct you there :p. I'd imagine though that in basic melee if you are ssj3 and someone who was normal hit you with basic melee your knockback would not be that far at all.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont consider advanced melee melee. Dancing up and down isnt fighting. So, no. You're wrong.

I'm not talking about transformations either, and thats not what his suggestion is about.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but knockbacks were mentioned & I stated my thoughts on them. Even though You, me or any other player that can play well don't use adv melee, we still have to prepare ourselves for those occasions when we do get into it.

If you are to stop yourself with a ki explosion, what did you have in mind for it's ki cost?.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Whatever would seem balanced. If it was low, people could spam it, and you could never combo him. But the move could also be used to catch someone off guard, and counter him.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the idea for a ki explosion could be cool but it would make it harder to get multiple hits with basic melee

so i regretfully say no to that

Best answers
But actually, for sending out a huge ki explosion to stop yourself, it might be balanced if:
- It takes an incredible amount of ki (50% of your full bar, no matter how much you have)
- You stop, but you can't immediately move.

For example, someone comes and kicks you in the back, you go flying towards a wall. You hit the emergency stop button (>_>) and your ki disappears, but stops you. But! Like a .5 second delay maybe. Or reduce the ki cost a little if you're gonna be delayed too long

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
But actually, for sending out a huge ki explosion to stop yourself, it might be balanced if:
- It takes an incredible amount of ki (50% of your full bar, no matter how much you have)
- You stop, but you can't immediately move.

For example, someone comes and kicks you in the back, you go flying towards a wall. You hit the emergency stop button (>_>) and your ki disappears, but stops you. But! Like a .5 second delay maybe. Or reduce the ki cost a little if you're gonna be delayed too long
I realy like the idea of stopping the blowback. And half of your ki bar sounds balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom