• Total voters
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Apparently not considering the way you have been acting so far.
Rather than complaining, PM me or reply within that thread with what exactly is bothering you.

Best answers
Useless Junk? If I'd disable them all and so we'll all go back to the boring forums then again. All the current plugins are here for fun, if you don't like that. Just tell what plugin you don't even like rather than hashing it out like that and I'll look in to it. There is something called a private mesage you know. Use it. It's quite useful. I can't stand people who just think they are not useful and be quiet about it. backstabbing them just like by posting a post like that. Heck, at least I'm trying to get the forums a little bit life, but I don't see you do anything good rather than make complaints about it. Be useful, will you?
The solutions have been handed to you on a silver platter throughout this thread, but instead of taking hints, you kept going on about "omg its am no dedz! look der am poplz pusting!!". Sure, ignore the true issues with this forum and keep adding your games and chatbox (on a forum, go figure) and whatnot, it won't help unless you find the infection and heal it.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Or, I could just low down for now, and put sword & majin in charge. See how they'll handle things.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
How's that any different than what you're doing now and have been doing?
They have a much more forum / admin experience than I have.

Best answers
This thread is bringing more hostility than it's worth TBH.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And what difference would it make if they were put in charge?
Perhaps some changes? I don't know, isn't that what you wanted? Besides, I do have to agree with the post above yours.. This is more hostile rather than a solution thread.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I only spot hostility coming from your side, Skyrider.
Just stating my facts and opinion Bolt. Besides, all some of you do is complaining about something rather than private message me directly about it. Besides, you only think "I'm the hostile" person just because some of you seems to have a grudge against me. Thus, I'm closing this thread "for now", and will PM Sword / Majin to look at this thread. It doesn't mean a perm closure, no. It just might be reopened when they see this. In the mean time, PM me with comments / complaints you have.. Makes things easier for me rather than complaining about them in threads. Besides, what would the new users thinks of threads and posts like these anyway?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread restored.

Lets have a bit more decorum.

From what I gather, the golden solution handed to us on a silver platter is Anarchy. A good chunk of you want this forum to be a random place to put things up that make you giggle like school children.

The aim of this forum always was, and always will be a place for the fan community to gather. It's goal was never to let you do what you want so you'll stay. There has to be limitations, or the only ones of you left will be the ones that make the best snide remarks and the ones that have the thickest skin against such snide remarks.

Oh wait, that's all that's left at the moment anyway.

The forum is not dead, but it is dying. It has nothing to do with moderation or rules being tight/slack, or mods being Nazis/forgiving. It has nothing to do with me decieving people to get the results I want. It has nothing to do with Minion, the forum was dying well before Minion wrecked what was left. It also has nothing to do with Sky, and the features he's installed.

When the mod was at it's height, DBZ was on TV. The mod's engine is also massively left behind in a market of Source powered mods, even worse, games like Call of Duty 4, Crysis, and UT3 have pushed expectations for eye candy so far that no one really wants to play this game anymore. Couple that with things that have happened and you easily see how the hey day is gone and is not coming back. Maybe we'll see a revival with 1.3, maybe we'll see one with the Dragon Ball movie.

Maybe we won't.

All I know is that the last few people here demand free reign, lack of respect towards anyone they don't like, unlimited license to have fun at other's expense and oh yeah. You all want to make spam threads.

So, if we allowed these things for say . . . a month. Would things get better?

Would more people come because there was another hell hole on the internet where the mods really don't care and people can abuse eachother for lulz? I'm not bashing on B, I'm talking about the dozens of other forums where you can post nude pics, curse, and insult people without fear of retribution from people you really don't respect.

So I'm going to say this one last time, you can say your peice. Hell, we might even change something around here. However, I don't think it's a good idea to present those ideas in a way that is blatantly a flame or attack on Sky or any of us. I'm not saying to candy coat it, I'm saying that you should watch the attitude.

Speaking of which . . .

Pain, it's no secret you don't like me, and there is very little secret that we see eachother for exactly what the other is. You can throw tantrums and insults all you want. You abused your power, you demanded that someone else be punished for it, and when that didn't work you told us you would quit if Eon wasn't fired.

I've said it a million times, no one is perfect, we don't think we are. Eon made mistakes, you made mistakes, and so did I. You can quote my comment all you like, Minion already aired it for the world to see a thousand times. I guess we're up to 1001 now. Congratulations.

As for my post, I was simply making a joke, as the comment was obviously self serving. It should also be noted that almost everything you've said concerning me since you've returned is equally tasteless. If you want to have it out with me, fine, but leave it the **** out of the threads. PM me with it, hop on IRC and capslock the **** out of me in a query, hell, I'll even amuse you with a thread in off topic. This thread, however, is not about you and me.

And if you want honest and blunt truth, here it is: Keep it up and I will make no bones about banning you for spamming up threads with it. Keep to the simple rules above, and I'll let you rant all you want.

Balls in your court sparky, but I'd be careful with it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Smith, we're one big dysfunctional family. The reason we're here is because we want to be :) not because we want to give swirlies to people. DBZ is probably declining in popularity (where's our Pokemon-like new cast each season?) but ESF is enjoyable nonetheless.

The engine's pretty old but so be it, HL is widely available and runnable by everyone. Most other DBZ mods lack gameplay and aren't as refined as ESF either :).

Let's all have a cookie and some milk, then we can all watch a movie together and be friends.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because

I'm Batman.

Now get back on topic before I smack you in line.

Now that that's out of my system, let's try to fix the forum.

It's easy to blame dbz's lack of popularity for this forum's demise, but if we were to poll the remaining individuals to find out who loves dbz, how many do you think would vote "yes"? I'm going to say 3. So that doesn't explain why non-dbz fans/forum fans are migrating.

And let's just clear this **** up right now. They aren't demanding free reign. That's how you're spinning it, but that isn't what they're asking for. That's what I said I'd like to see, especially in the way of free speech, but I speak for myself; not the forum. People are simply asking for change. What kind of change? There are 12 pages in this thread. Start with page 1, work your way to page 12. People feel like you're ignoring them because you are, in fact, ignoring them. The majority of forum users say the forum is going down the drain, and you're telling them this isn't true, and if they don't like it they should leave. That isn't helping us, and it certainly isn't helping ESF. As you stated, this forum is for ESF fans. If you're working against ESF, you're working against its fans, and yes, we are its remaining fans.

You say way back then, people didn't like the mods, and so us not liking the same people they disliked today has no meaning. I say the only thing that has remained constant are the admins and mods. Perhaps we're not the problem. Perhaps you are.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked the forum when Cucumba was in charge. So, I like your suggestion Sky, put Cucumba in charge. He is the fairest person here. Never saw him doing anything bad or unfair, so yeah...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that that's out of my system, let's try to fix the forum.
Quite agreed.

Nixanthros said:
It's easy to blame dbz's lack of popularity for this forum's demise, but if we were to poll the remaining individuals to find out who loves dbz, how many do you think would vote "yes"? I'm going to say 3. So that doesn't explain why non-dbz fans/forum fans are migrating.
There weren't many of those, and most of them played ESF for 1.1

When simple melee was nerfed and advanced melee was added, another large chunk of the fanbase fled. That leaves a very small number left, so what do we blame that on now?

Nixanthros said:
People are simply asking for change. What kind of change? There are 12 pages in this thread. Start with page 1, work your way to page 12. People feel like you're ignoring them because you are, in fact, ignoring them. The majority of forum users say the forum is going down the drain, and you're telling them this isn't true, and if they don't like it they should leave. That isn't helping us, and it certainly isn't helping ESF. As you stated, this forum is for ESF fans. If you're working against ESF, you're working against its fans, and yes, we are its remaining fans.
Concerning the end of this comment, I'm not the only one that spins things.

The one change the senior staff agrees with and has been sliently working on, is trimming the staff and perhaps identifying new staff members.

Nixanthros said:
You say way back then, people didn't like the mods, and so us not liking the same people they disliked today has no meaning. I say the only thing that has remained constant are the admins and mods. Perhaps we're not the problem. Perhaps you are.
Perhaps I am, but I very much doubt it. I don't influence people to stay or leave, I only enforce the law that has been here since day one. The same law when it was a huge mod, the same law when its a dying mod . . . The same rules there were when it was a fledgling mod too. Keep in mind that in 10 years this mod has only had two where I was not in charge of the forums, three if you count my sabbatical while I was recovering from severe problems with my health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom