• Total voters
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I liked the forum when Cucumba was in charge. So, I like your suggestion Sky, put Cucumba in charge. He is the fairest person here. Never saw him doing anything bad or unfair, so yeah...
I honestly haven't done anything bad or unfair o_O. But I truly am not going to read all 12 pages for a few requests regarding not liking some moderators. I may have missed that part, I am sorry. But you can always pm me about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
quite agreed.

There weren't many of those, and most of them played esf for 1.1

when simple melee was nerfed and advanced melee was added, another large chunk of the fanbase fled. That leaves a very small number left, so what do we blame that on now?

ah, but you're working under the assumption that the forum base and the player base are one and the same. This is not true and hasn't been for a very, very long time. It was the forum goers who said, "advanced melee? That sounds awesome!" and it was the players who said, "no, **** that. It'll ruin the game." once 1.2 was out the door, the players left, and the forum goers stuck around.

concerning the end of this comment, i'm not the only one that spins things.

undoubtedly.

the one change the senior staff agrees with and has been sliently working on, is trimming the staff and perhaps identifying new staff members.

i don't mean to be a ****, but is this similar to how an open beta was being planned long before the minion crisis, or is this actually true? And if it is true, are you simply removing inactive moderators, of which there are many, or critiquing the mods that are still around?

perhaps i am, but i very much doubt it. I don't influence people to stay or leave, i only enforce the law that has been here since day one. The same law when it was a huge mod, the same law when its a dying mod . . . The same rules there were when it was a fledgling mod too. Keep in mind that in 10 years this mod has only had two where i was not in charge of the forums, three if you count my sabbatical while i was recovering from severe problems with my health.

this part is my fault, i suppose. When i say you, i'm usually just grouping the mods and admins together, so while that is truly an inspiring story, it isn't what i was addressing. Although, you know, if people were complaining about you before, and are still complaining about you today, the only difference being new forum goers, i think the problem may still lie with the one constant. Not an accusation. Just wool gathering.
It'd be nice if the forum didn't keep making the first letter of the first sentence lowercase.

@Sky: Disinterest in what we have to say doesn't have to be expressed publicly. I know that you want to be liked, and that's fine, but this isn't the way to do it.

Last edited:
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I just showed Dameara a thread in the Admin area that shows we've been working on it for some time. Ask him.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
@Sky: Disinterest in what we have to say doesn't have to be expressed publicly. I know that you want to be liked, and that's fine, but this isn't the way to do it.
That's not it actually, I like to be appreciated. :-\, as said. I'm working quite a lot on the forums. But some people just keep dishing (no offense).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I just showed Dameara a thread in the Admin area that shows we've been working on it for some time. Ask him.

My follow-up question was are you simply removing inactive moderators or are you critiquing or whatever you do to decide who stays and goes the active mods as well?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good point, I shall formulate a more robust response.

Regarding Pain's comment, the Open Beta was not planned long before the minion crisis, but it WAS discussed, and the team did want to try it out before Kurt's lulz fest. So, Pain has this part partially wrong.

Moving along, the date on that thread was quite some time ago, we are working on it but I will not deny that the work is not currently moving. One of our objectives was to clarify the AUP, it was. People complained that the rule changed, but it never really did. You were always under that stipulation. Disrespect that insults another user is punishable by a warning, be it open or cleverly disguised. Now it's spelled out so no one cries foul. The other objective was to trim the inactive mods, and hire new ones. We need to be careful picking them, however, since we aren't too keen on our choices. No offense intended, just stating a fact.

As for the simplified AUP that MC posted. I rather like that idea, in fact, we used to have a mini-aup that was along those lines. The only part of the AUP I see going down in flames is the signature limitations, as there are very few people left on Narrowband.

I don't see anything else that requires further comment.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope that response of yours clears up everything :).

I also like MC's AUP but the avatar size isn't particularly generous ^^. I know it's only an idea but 150x150 would be a little nicer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly haven't done anything bad or unfair o_O. But I truly am not going to read all 12 pages for a few requests regarding not liking some moderators. I may have missed that part, I am sorry. But you can always pm me about it.
I never said you were unfair though you were couple of times. I just said Cuc is the fairest. ( does that word exist? sounds strange)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
forums are dying. almost dead.

we have maybe 20 people who are regularly active, and half of those are staff.

the reason? because no one's allowed to enjoy themselves here, and being that it's a Forum, it's kind of ironic that there is also no free exchange of ideas and opinion.

moderators should be here to stop things when they get excessive, not shoot a woman in the chest before her baby is born...

ps. deverz is an idiot. sends me a PM saying "i've banned you from the chatbox for being rude", which i just got, cos he actually banned me from the whole forum, not knowing what he's doing.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sigh. Here we go. Incoming flame war?

Also: I will be unbanning Onslaught from the chatbox. He's already been banned from the forums, there's no need to ban him from the chatbox just for saying a couple things a few days ago.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ps. deverz is an idiot. sends me a PM saying "i've banned you from the chatbox for being rude", which i just got, cos he actually banned me from the whole forum, not knowing what he's doing.
Banning from the chat box is very different compared to banning from the forums. It was likely you were banned from both at the same time, especially since he mentioned banning you from the entire forums when logging it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
funny, in the "you're banned" screen, he failed to log a reason.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the smo vs. humpie match was the best

ever.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never sent any such PM.

I didn't feel the need to provide you with a ban reason. I thought it was pretty obvious

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never sent any such PM.

I didn't feel the need to provide you with a ban reason. I thought it was pretty obvious
I think anyone who gets banned from the chatbox is automatically sent a generic PM, letting them know what's what.

Best answers
I used to post a bit back in 03/04 then i lost some interest in the forums. But i have started to lurk more often and can agree that things have slowed waaaay down. But i just recently got my password back for this account so at least you could say that not everyone has forgotten this forum...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom