Best answers
Where do you start if you make an artwork ? At the waist the head or the foots ?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always start at the face because it tells me how the person will be holding themselves and how the pose is suppose to be positioned.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by saiyanslayer
ya, i start always with the eyes
I could never have the eyes completed until the end of the work. it feels like the picture is watching me. O_O ......... freaky

Best answers
I always start at the head, every part comes together little bit by little bit. After I finish the basic shape of the head I build the rest of the skeletal structure, but to me the head is the most important part of a figure. Whenever I start a work involving figures I usually draw dozens of head sketches until I get what I'm looking for. Then I work on poses and background.

Best answers
I start at the head too, i find it easier to start there, especially when drawing Ness.

Best answers
first the face cause it's a very diffecult part of the artwork
then the body and at the end hand and feet

Best answers
i start with the face
but i can need some pointers about drawing hair i always screw up with the hair just cant draw it:tired:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when I used to draw Vegeta in his saiyan armor I'd draw the armor first. Usually I do the head/face first.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, always with the face for me. I get the face outline in, then sketch the eyes and hair outline then firm it so the face is ok, then do the body.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
I could never have the eyes completed until the end of the work. it feels like the picture is watching me. O_O ......... freaky
hsu did u draw that pic in ur avatar? , if u did its cool :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
starting with body::no:
starting with face::yes:

Best answers
I also start with the face but I still did only draw about 2-10 pictures. I think the hands are the most difficult part.

Best answers
I think the hands are the most difficult part.
For me its the hands, feet, and the size of the shoulders, my characters come out too buff looking or too small looking if i'm not carefull.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ranma
For me its the hands, feet, and the size of the shoulders, my characters come out too buff looking or too small looking if i'm not carefull.
Same here. I need to work on that myself.

Best answers
Try drawing your picture upside down.. I know a professional artist and she always told me ever since I was 2 years old to draw upside down.. It's easier for the hand to move that way or somethin... Give it a try, it does take practice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom