SSJ2 Vegeta (Replacement for 1.2 SSJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I got impatient and went ahead with the UV mapping :D. When i change/replace the hands and the hair i'll map them properly, they're just in as placeholders atm. Here's a quick pic with the map applied, i think the mapping turned out pretty good.

[check latest pages for pics, i need teh bandwidth this pic be suckin' :p]

Updates on the skin soon, tomorrow probably ^^

[Just saw the bit about polys and 4000 is really nothing nowadays, even on the HL1 engine (mine is only 3500 anyway). If you play counterstrike, 90% of the custom gun/player models you can get are around the 4k mark.]

Best answers
looking really nice there, the style of the model kind of reminds me of yugo's, not a bad thing though :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yugo's style is different ,
anyway yeah , the model is looking nice
only the hair bugs me a bit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude yugo and turk are 2 difrent persons and styles

Best answers
i never said anything about turk, i just said it reminds me of yugo's because of the detail on the muscles and armor, anyways sorry to bring up other artists in your thread, ill avoid doing that in the future, on topic though everything looks good, only crit is that the collarbone looks a little wierd and also if your defining his hairline you forgot to define his sideburns as well

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not like bad or annything dont worry i just ment the styles of those 2 arnt alike

Best answers
Lots of positive comments, whee ^^. Since you're all being so nice, i'll post the WIP of the skin. Worked this for probably 2, maybe 3 hours so far. Havent spent long on the head (just 10 mins to put the features there), i concentrated more on the muscle defenition on the bodysuit. The basic highlights+shadows are there now, 'tis why i'm taking a break. I'm going to work some more details into the arms + legs tonight (veins and stuff) then i'll leave the rest for tomorrow, getting tired :O

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, dude that's awsum

Best answers
Hehe, i've got one helluv an update for you guys tomorrow. I cant upload anything now because max is totally clogging my system (animating a little something ^^) so it'll have to wait till tomorrow, hope you guys like spinarounds :laff:!

Now i really, really need some sleep.
I get so addicted to modelling sometimes....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fix his face. FIX his HAIR. his hair is all wrong plz. and the part under his pectorals. (his abs) need to be longer in length. (the thing covering it i mean) also fix his mouth.
fix his ears. fix it texture and outlines. but other than that its really good. the thing you have to change the most is the hair and the abs. fix those and it will be awsome very awsome

Best answers
and the part under his pectorals. (his abs) need to be longer in length. (the thing covering it i mean)
No. When the body is stretched, it seems like that. Obviously.

Feet are too long. Remodel the hair somewhat, less spikes. The region below his neck and above his armor is too large. Either pull the armor up or find another way. EDIT: Yes that was vague, and i realise it's the render, but you get the idea. Great model.

~cr4zy.ch

Best answers
*sigh*

Well max died last night during the render, so no spinaround i'm afraid. Here's some updates on the skin though.

I plan to redo the hair completely once everything else is finished, but i was pretty happy with the way the face came out. Here's a pic with the [note]*wip* skin applied, maybe it'll change your perspective or you can give me some solid crits to go on.

And thanks for the crit on the boots, they've been shortened ^^

G
LOL, wen u said max i thought u meant max@esf-world ^^ lol. the armor is too dark, IMHO, and the hair needs to be more.. hair-like, instead of 1 block of color. also, the cartoon-like mouth dont fit with the realistic-looking body :S looks kinda weird

Best answers
what do you mean ppl???
it's great... my opinion it's that this model is even etter that ESF's model...

Best answers
:laff: at the "max" thing, hehe.

I like the cartoony face myself, reminds me of the show :). The hair does suck right now but it's just a placeholder for the new one i'm going to model tonight probably, so no worries. The ears, yes they suck too because i havent messed with them yet :p. I'll post more updates soon.

[And just a notice :- Anyone who knows how to set this up for ESF and is willing to either teach me how to do it or *maybe* do it for me (i'd like to learn this stuff) then send me a PM or grab me on MSN. Otherwise it's gonna be done, sitting in my max scenes folder untill someone decides to make a setup tutorial :p]

Best answers
my opinion it's that this model is even etter that ESF's model...
is it perfect then?no!
there is always something that can be improved.thats the reason why this thread was opened.

anyway..copy and paste the pictures addres(sorry for the bad drawover but my mouse is fu**** up)

Best answers
k first of all the model is great. wtg man. and second in game why the hell would u be focousing on the mouth and the ears instead of playing. god u should be thanking him, and i would like to see u do any better. ps hope u release soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom