Special Beam Cannon chop

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh my dear god.... I looked around to see if this was pointed out yet, but it doesn't look like it. Normally I get 70-80 FPS pretty much all the time when I play, however, I was in a server the other day with a few piccolos and cells. They were spamming the SBC, which doesn't bother me, until I noticed if I looked at 3 or more SBC's at a time, it took my FPS down to 10-20. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it... but dear lord, pray to god you don't get in a server with multiple SBC powerstruggles going on.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just set the beam quality lower. This makes all beams crappy quality though, im not sure if theres a way to make only the sbc low quality.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
It's fixed methinks.
I think so too, though, my beam quality is medium. Dunno how much of a difference that makes.

Best answers
its wierd thow for me no matter what happens i get like 50-60fps all the time than drops when doing stuff. but i ahve a fast graphixs card and everything...is it becasue i have res set to 1024x768...or is it 1290x960 and i also have graphixs all the way up any help on that

Best answers
hummm methink too good animation!!! ;D good work esf team with the sbc's!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[DC]_MAKER said:
its wierd thow for me no matter what happens i get like 50-60fps all the time than drops when doing stuff. but i ahve a fast graphixs card and everything...is it becasue i have res set to 1024x768...or is it 1290x960 and i also have graphixs all the way up any help on that
Obviously you FPS drops when you do stuff.

Best answers
all of you have nutin to complain about im using an ATI radeon 7500 video card with a 1.7ghz processor and i get 30fps or lower all the time so just live with 30fps isn't so bad

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can watch at 15 special beam cannons....then my fps starts to drop, i got my beam settings at High and i got a ati radeon 9600(dunno if that makes any difference)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStIc~ShAdOw said:
i can watch at 15 special beam cannons....then my fps starts to drop, i got my beam settings at High and i got a ati radeon 9600(dunno if that makes any difference)
A radeon 9600 huh?

Ofcourse it makes a difference, i use a radeon 9500 pro, and i have no problems at all!
those other guys are using geforce 2 and radeon 7500, and those card's are not really fast anymore.

ATI RADEON RULEZ

Best answers
same with my ati radon 9000pro no lag wat so eva going to be changeing it soon (4 days i hope if it gets here in time)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed that Special Beam Cannons, _when powerstruggling_, have a very pronounced effect on FPS, even on a 9800XT.

By the way, GeorgeUK.. Your signature doesn't make sense. -.- People by nature, fear what they don't understand, and hate what they fear. What isn't part of ourselves _highly_ disturbs people.

Best answers
well its one of those quotes of the week my sig will change once a week if i remember. it make sence you just gotta get the jist of it thats all

Best answers
psh radeon 9600 ur lucky... i have a 2.3 celeron ( O.O ) with a GeForce 5200 >_> . and the only time my FPS drop is when multiple huge blasts go off simotaniously. did u try setting "fps_max 100" ? i think thats the command.. well its fps something.. anyways, mess around w/ it... im sure the majority of u hav better comps than me so shouldnt be ur comps

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fps_max 100 wouldn't keep your fps from dropping.
Alea people fear what they don't understand like you said. His quote is more saying on how we recognize bad traits in others and dislike them in ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom