Some problems at 3ds tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hi guys,
well I started the body tut for 3dsmax a hour ago and I'm pretty new to modeling and I stuck at this step:
( http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=51111 )
Ok, so now we have the front and side shaped pretty much how we want it to be. great, but ehm...we cant make a neck using the techniques ive covered so far, because we deleted the polygon at the top of the sphere ages ago. so now were gonna learn to make a new polygon. simply select the polygon editing toolset, right click the mesh, and select create. Then, click each vertex that you want the polygon to become attatched to, in a ring, ive selected all the open polygons at the top of the mesh, so i just have 1 flat polygon with no segments. not that creating new polygons with this method creates a new polygon with no smoothing groups attatched. we will learn more about smoothing groups later.
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/2342/110ry.jpg
There are suddenly so much more vertecies and so and I have to remove some and so don't really know exactly what to do there.

What I have @ the moment is this:

probably not so good :/

Best answers
To describe my problem a bit better:
If I add the top plane of the body it looks a bit wired and in the tutorial screen there wasn't a line above the arm area after adding the top plane.

Best answers
Well cause it seems as no one could help me I did the rest without the tutorial:

Here is my first Low-Poly body:

This is a big step for me even if there is a lot wrong, cause before I just did meshsmooth things :X

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err i caught the thread late,

i dont really understand what your problem is, elaborate and you may get some replies.

but fair warning. double posting is against the rules, as is triple.

if nobody has responded to yoru post and you feel you need to add to your message, edit it into your previous post. do not make another.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
closed on request, glad to see my tutorial is still in use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom