some pretty good news i assume for ESF future

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
We'll recently I have had some theives still artwork off of my FTP for a company I am co-owner of, and we had to get a patent attourney to help us with trademark and copyright laws. While we got everything taken care of for Leather Lid Inserts I also had my whole art portfolio be turned in also so I have proof that I am the rightful owner of my artwork. Well, the good news is that I had turned in all of my ESF work also and it finally got approved today. So this means that in the future there must be signed permission in order to use anything that i've created. I know in the past I said that anybody could use what I have created for personal use. This is no longer available because a handful of people took advantage of what i had to offer and used HUD designs and 2D Texture designs and released a package with my artwork in it. So the good news is that the esf logo and website are now officially registered in the US as being trademarked (beleive it or not), and that nobody is allowed to take anything unless signed permission....worded or verbal permission isn't allowed. Sorry for taken back what i had said in the past, but this is for our own good as a community to get rid of thieves...and for people to understand laws in general. Thank You.

Xstortionist, Inc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's all well and good...of course, if Funimation or Akira Toriyama decides to, they can now sue the hell out of you for copyrighting artwork using their designs and characters.

Two way street. Just be careful, man.

Best answers
Im an artist myself, and I think that you have all the right to take back any word, because it is YOUR artwork. GoodJob, I hope that people will respect your work in the future =)

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
actually funi can't do anything because the artwork I sent in and got approved was strictly my own doing....I took none of their artwork...i created everything from scratch...and anything that resembled DBZ was changed more then 20% of the original artwork which is indeed 100% legal, and everything i sent in states nothing of DBZ, funi, and or half life. This is just a procedure i had done for safe guarding my own personal artwork...as well as some of the artwork still being used by ESF...like the logo and website.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats! Thats great news :p

Hope evrything goes as planed :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't matter much. Only people who want to play esf are DBZ fanboys. People who don't like DBZ aren't going to say "oh look a DBZ game, I hate DBZ, lets' try it out" it's like me going out and buying a teletubbies game.

And with majority of the DBZ fan are young teenagers and below and with the huge learning curve ESF has, it won't do much good. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the best players in esf don't like dbz and yet they continue to stay. Its gameplay that makes a game. If teletubbies had high-speed action and fighting that required time to get good at and grand explosions, I'd buy that **** in a heartbeat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Most of the best players in esf don't like dbz and yet they continue to stay. Its gameplay that makes a game. If teletubbies had high-speed action and fighting that required time to get good at and grand explosions, I'd buy that **** in a heartbeat.
If that were true most people who played the game would stick around. They don't due to the high learning curve. Go to any other gaming forum and ask around. They don't play ESF because they don't like DBZ. They also don't play because the learning curve to get good at this game is really high. It's one or the other. Promoting ESF isn't going to fix anything.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's the thing about ESF. You can't change the game drastically because the existing fanbase will get very pissed off (*looks at 1.2*), yet the game won't grow if the learning curve remains as high as it is.

I'd personally like an ingame tutorial for ESF... But yeah, I'm a bit off topic.

Actaully ontopic here, i'm sorry to hear people would steal your work like that. I am glad to hear it worked out in the end though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People don't play this game because:

1) People like me get them pissed off. They start complaining when no one will tell them how to play and they're too goddamn lazy to read the manual so they just stop playing.

2) Like you said, the high learning curve puts most new people off. Most people now want instant action and expect to be as good at esf as they are in CS or DoD. Thats obviously not the case.

DBZ is what attracts people to this mod. It doesn't make people say "Man, **** that!" Hell, I got a few of my friends who despise dbz to play esf and they enjoyed until they were unable to fight back. Like I said, gameplay makes the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
DBZ is what attracts people to this mod. It doesn't make people say "Man, **** that!" Hell, I got a few of my friends who despise dbz to play esf and they enjoyed until they were unable to fight back. Like I said, gameplay makes the game.
that reasoning isn't the standard for all people, it varies. SOME people like ESF for gameplay rather than DBZ.. some like ESF because they love dbz.. just because your friends play ESF for gameplay doesn't mean everyone will

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
That's exactly true. I stopped watching DBZ a while ago... But this game, once getting past the learning curve, is all about reaction time and reading your opponent. It's more of a psychological teaser than a lame dbz game. Esf should make an official noobs only server... and an admin to regulate it in case adv. players try to come in.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
that reasoning isn't the standard for all people, it varies. SOME people like ESF for gameplay rather than DBZ.. some like ESF because they love dbz.. just because your friends play ESF for gameplay doesn't mean everyone will
I started playing esf because it was a dbz mod. Not because of gameplay. Once I began to get bored of dbz, the gameplay made me stick around. I spoke about people who play esf for the gameplay and people who play esf because its a dbz mod. The majority of people play esf for one of those 2 reasons. The only party I can think of that I didnt mention are people who played esf just to try out a new mod.

nge

Best answers
That's me- I don't care about DBZ either way. Never really into it, not against it, it's just there. I was bored and looking for something innovative to play.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, with this said, whats going to happen to EVM and BTL? Do they have to stop working until you give them a consent of some sort?

Edit: Also, what about the guy that stole your ESF models for Warcraft 3 mod or something without using your permission? Didn't you guys say you couldnt do anything because FUNImation would sue you guys for trying to use their artwork? What about now, though, now that ESF is legit/official.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
as long as they aren't making money on it the can use it and not get in trouble...same as what ESF is doing.....but like i said before this mostly deals with the web site and logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom